There are 206 users in the forums

i know WR is not a need but....

I would be torn... we have 5 WRs but no real big #2.

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn Jr, Ziegler, Williams

We would be a better team if we bumped everyone down and had AJ Green/Jones and Crabtree... made Morgan 3, Ginn/Ziegler 4 and 5 and Williams was possibly gone. I was really intrigued by Dez last year but we had so many other bigger needs. I think the 5 we have are manageable but we would definitely be a better team but we also might need QB, CB, FS, pass rushing OLB, FB, RG more than we need a WR.

If say Prince/Patrick are gone, Troy is our QB then I would be torn between:
1. AJ Green
2. Julio Jones
3. Marcell Dareus
4. Robert Quinn

Edit: But then again we have two great TEs that are like WRs. VD and Walker... so we don't necessarily need two WR studs. Our WR corps with the TEs isn't that bad... we did just have 365 yards passing. It's more like the system.

Also, recently two big wrs doesn't really work... Housh/CJ Fitz/Boldin... for the most part the attitude starts to get to the point of I should be #1, I should be getting paid more, I should be getting more balls.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 16, 2010 at 20:40:02 ]
Well I say it IS a need but not necessarily in the first round. Josh Morgan does not have the talent to be a starting WR in this league and at some point in time needs to be replaced.

Problem is that we have bigger fish to fry. I envision the Niners to be selecting 6-10 so that would be prime DL territory and we certainly need some pass rushers.

With the second pick I'd like to see us grab a QB.

Round three would be be utilized for Clements replacement.

Round four how about replacing Goldson.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I would be torn... we have 5 WRs but no real big #2.

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn Jr, Ziegler, Williams

We would be a better team if we bumped everyone down and had AJ Green/Jones and Crabtree... made Morgan 3, Ginn/Ziegler 4 and 5 and Williams was possibly gone. I was really intrigued by Dez last year but we had so many other bigger needs. I think the 5 we have are manageable but we would definitely be a better team but we also might need QB, CB, FS, pass rushing OLB, FB, RG more than we need a WR.

If say Prince/Patrick are gone, Troy is our QB then I would be torn between:
1. AJ Green
2. Julio Jones
3. Marcell Dareus
4. Robert Quinn

Edit: But then again we have two great TEs that are like WRs. VD and Walker... so we don't necessarily need two WR studs. Our WR corpse with the TEs isn't that bad... we did just have 365 yards passing. It's more like the system.

Also, recently two big wrs doesn't really work... Housh/CJ Fitz/Boldin... for the most part the attitude starts to get to the point of I should be #1, I should be getting paid more, I should be getting more balls.

anyways as long as carolina is picking ahead of us green will be long gone, i'll be intrigued by jones. but if both top cbs are gone and if we dont want a wr we gotta take the best pass rusher, its about time we solve this lack of a legit pass rusher crap
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

anyways as long as carolina is picking ahead of us green will be long gone, i'll be intrigued by jones. but if both top cbs are gone and if we dont want a wr we gotta take the best pass rusher, its about time we solve this lack of a legit pass rusher crap

Oops, meant corps but some times they play like corpses.

Just to add to the discussion and make this post worth while 49ers fans have been debating over what is more important CB or pass rush for years. We always seem to go with CB and it hasn't worked out. Lawson, Brooks, Laboy, Haralson are alright pass rushers and between the 4 they get a decent amount (probably 20 together) but we need that one guy who can get 10-15 a year and get a consistent pass rush. These guys are hot some times but cold most of the season. They aren't consistent. They can have 2-3 sacks in one game and 3 the other 15.

Edit: If we keep winning though we will probably play our way out of these players. Probably end up choosing the 3rd best CB, DE, pass rusher, WR, etc. Think we would be reaching for guys like Ayers, Beal, Jordan, Baldwin, Hayward, Bowers (risky!), Brandon Harris, etc at say pick 10-15. We'd kind of be in no man's land.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 16, 2010 at 20:57:53 ]
I definetly wouldnt be opposed to a WR. Green is like Plaxico Burress and he would be a great fit on our roster.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
my boy Justin Blackmon has to get some consideration, especially if he falls to the 2nd round ....

Rd2 I'm telling you guys let's take a the BPA with the 1st rounder and if this guy is there in the 2nd round .. He's no AJG, but he's tearing up college football right now
Originally posted by tohara3:
Wouldn't be upset if we took him. 6'4" & 212 lbs would be a great compliment to Crabtree & Vernon Davis!

With Ginn and morgan and Gore, Troy and O god i need some tissues!
WR IS a need. we desperately need a speedy wideout. Ginn isn't pulling his weight. We need a Jacoby Ford, Danny Amandoula, D.Jax.
Share 49ersWebzone