There are 175 users in the forums

The Ryan Mallett Bandwagon

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
back to back sacks for the lead footed Mallett

Its not his fault hes got a freshmen center going against heyword while Ohio st. knows hes passing every down and his recievers cant catch
Clutch throw there from Mallett. He's been getting pressured all game where Pryor has all day.
I like what I see from Mallett today. I wouldn't say Terrelle Pryor is out playing him at all. Mallett's had 4 of his passes dropped and his offensive line has played awful. Joe Adams alone has dropped three touchdowns!

Not saying Pryor is playing poorly, but him and Mallett are dealing with different circumstances. He is the type of quarterback who is pretty immobile so if you get pressure on him it really hurts him...kind of like Phillip Rivers. He's really shown off his arm strength today but has also showed that he still needs to work on his accuracy.
Originally posted by WV49er:
I like what I see from Mallett today. I wouldn't say Terrelle Pryor is out playing him at all. Mallett's had 4 of his passes dropped and his offensive line has played awful. Joe Adams alone has dropped three touchdowns!

Not saying Pryor is playing poorly, but him and Mallett are dealing with different circumstances. He is the type of quarterback who is pretty immobile so if you get pressure on him it really hurts him...kind of like Phillip Rivers. He's really shown off his arm strength today but has also showed that he still needs to work on his accuracy.

Good post.

Other posters have an agenda, and are not being honest about what's what.
  • titan
  • Veteran
OLine and WR are killing the team on Offense and the CB are playing like When we had Willy Robinson! They look lost and don't turn around for the football! To make it worse they can't tackle.

[ Edited by titan on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:30:37 ]
Originally posted by WV49er:

I agree. Mallet has actually impressed me more than Pryor has imo. The guy is pretty immobile but he's not a statue. He can move a little in the pocket and made a few good throws while being forced from the pocket. He has quick feet and is throwing darts.
For this game so far Pryor is out playing Mallet. Not by much really, but he is. Mallet is making some nice throws but his wr's are literally dropping the ball. Both guys are making some nice throws and making some nice plays. Bottom line Pryor is leading his team to success as of right now.

Maybe this will change somewhat with how Mallet gets his team fired up and comes back in the 2nd half. I want to see some fire some heart from the guy. Not a statue. Wouldn't be totally upset if he's drafted, but I'm not sold on his leadership, and moxy. Just seems too relaxed. This guy is Flacco part 2. Not sure if that's good or bad. Mallet like Flacco can make all the throws but at times struggles with accuracy. But the major problem is that they are just so lame when the pocket collapses. You are gonna have to just live with the fact that once a ounce of pressure comes his way the majority of his passes will be incomplete. I mean it's just a lack of being able to slide right or left at times and still making a nice throw. On a young team with a shaky o line he's gonna struggle way more than your average qb. It's a tough call b/c the dude has a lot of positive physical tools.
The stage is set....
Mallett sucks!
what is that like 7 dropped passes so far?

Mallet just pulled an Alex Smith.
I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR MONTHS, THE DUDE THROWS SOME HORRIBLE INTERCEPTIONS.

LADIES AND GENTS, RYAN MALLETT.

STAY THE f**k AWAY FROM THE 49ERS!
Originally posted by verb1der:

Ryan Mallet is a bust. His draft stock just took a huge dive.
SEVEN DROPPED PASSES! Wow -- and most of those weren't hard ones, wide-open and right in the hands in stride. Probably 150+ yards of offense lost.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Ryan Mallet is a bust. His draft stock just took a huge dive.

So what about Blaine Gabbert? He threw a horrible pick returned for a touchdown up by 3 points.
Share 49ersWebzone