There are 298 users in the forums

draft noel devine in the 2nd-3rd

Noel Devine would provide speed and elusiveness that would complement Gore well. It could also give a Gore a break and be a game-breaker threat whenever he is on the field. Could do some returns and provide a spark on offense.
He's one of (if not my top) favorite target for SF. There are some damn good RBs that could all come out, so he could be available later than he should be.

From my mock...

3rd RD ---- RB - Noel Devine - { West Virginia }

Quote:
I'd plan on running more Spread formations, so I put a low premium on FBs. I would want SF to run quite a bit out of this formation....
http://i31.tinypic.com/290r2b7.jpg

I also noticed this from some WVU page... if these numbers are legit? May have to bump him to the 2nd round... but I think 3rd is the right value, considering his size issues.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I also noticed this from some WVU page... if these numbers are legit? May have to bump him to the 2nd round... but I think 3rd is the right value, considering his size issues.

I am intrigued and just like all of us wanted to get Spiller or Best last year they went a lot higher than we had hoped. Either way I would like a scat back but maybe the new coach resigns Westbrook and figures out how to use him right. It would save us a draft pick even though he is up there in age.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I am intrigued and just like all of us wanted to get Spiller or Best last year they went a lot higher than we had hoped. Either way I would like a scat back but maybe the new coach resigns Westbrook and figures out how to use him right. It would save us a draft pick even though he is up there in age.

I really can't see Westbrook wanting to come back. He's already politely irritated at his lack of carries and opportunities. He's also gonna be 32 years old... I think he runs from SF and we should not try and stop him.

( but I wouldn't hate it if he wants to stay and still has the burst )
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I really can't see Westbrook wanting to come back. He's already politely irritated at his lack of carries and opportunities. He's also gonna be 32 years old... I think he runs from SF and we should not try and stop him.

( but I wouldn't hate it if he wants to stay and still has the burst )

True but I just think guys like Devine and Rodgers will be like Best/Spiller last year and go much higher than we are willing to spend a pick on. It's tough to justify a 2nd round pick on a 3rd RB when we have so many dire needs. That being said I would love to have a scat back IF we use him right.
He's one of (if not my top) favorite target for SF. There are some damn good RBs that could all come out, so he could be available later than he should be.

From my mock...

3rd RD ---- RB - Noel Devine - { West Virginia }

Quote:
I'd plan on running more Spread formations, so I put a low premium on FBs. I would want SF to run quite a bit out of this formation....

um 37 is a retired # home slice.

SO how about 27?
he can bench 405
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

um 37 is a retired # home slice.

SO how about 27?

Let's maybe focus on the bigger picture, huh?
thank god singletary wont be back cuz no way in hell we draft devine if hes the coach

Might as well be the 3rd rounder since we have established a tradition of throwing away that rounds pick every year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Posted my thoughts on this in oldman's mock draft/offseason thread, but thought I'd add them here.

I don't follow college ball. I really should and I mean to every year, but I never followed it and I get lost. It's my epic fail at teh footballs.

Anyway, my Uncle was a starting QB at West Virginia and so obviously he follows his old team really close. He's got nothing but good things to say about the kid. He's a huge fan of his and talked my ear off about him. Bought his young son a Devine jersey and even the kid has worn it so much it looks older than he is.

Can't remember for sure when we had the conversation, but I think it was before people declared for last years draft. I think we were talking about Pat White and if he'd succeed in the NFL... my Uncle didn't think so. So s**t, that was after Devine's sophomore year, right? My time sense is all off right now. You can tell because I'm rambling.

Anyway, I'll just say my Uncle is a smart dude and he didn't play QB because of his tangibles, know what I'm sayin'? He knows his football, way beyond my knowledge of the game. Played a little NCAA football with him and he was calling out coverages and s**t... I couldn't even follow what he was saying. Now, I don't have an ego or anything, but I know enough about the game to know how little I actually know. My Uncle... football smarts out the wazoo.

Anyway, I'd personally take Devine just based on my Uncles props, not having seen him play a down.

Side note: I just recently got back in contact with this side of my family after many years away. Otherwise, I'd know how to watch f**king college ball. Heh.

And no, I won't tell you who he is. Way too easy to track people through the internet as it is. I don't trust you crazies. My long rambling posts probably make you want to hunt me down and take away my laptop just so you don't have to spend the time scrolling past them.

So yeah... draft this dude 'cause my Uncle says so. Frank Gore is my favorite player on the team, I'm a total fan boy. Gore > All. Still... draft Devine.

Do it.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Posted my thoughts on this in oldman's mock draft/offseason thread, but thought I'd add them here.

I don't follow college ball. I really should and I mean to every year, but I never followed it and I get lost. It's my epic fail at teh footballs.

Anyway, my Uncle was a starting QB at West Virginia and so obviously he follows his old team really close. He's got nothing but good things to say about the kid. He's a huge fan of his and talked my ear off about him. Bought his young son a Devine jersey and even the kid has worn it so much it looks older than he is.

Can't remember for sure when we had the conversation, but I think it was before people declared for last years draft. I think we were talking about Pat White and if he'd succeed in the NFL... my Uncle didn't think so. So s**t, that was after Devine's sophomore year, right? My time sense is all off right now. You can tell because I'm rambling.

Anyway, I'll just say my Uncle is a smart dude and he didn't play QB because of his tangibles, know what I'm sayin'? He knows his football, way beyond my knowledge of the game. Played a little NCAA football with him and he was calling out coverages and s**t... I couldn't even follow what he was saying. Now, I don't have an ego or anything, but I know enough about the game to know how little I actually know. My Uncle... football smarts out the wazoo.

Anyway, I'd personally take Devine just based on my Uncles props, not having seen him play a down.

Side note: I just recently got back in contact with this side of my family after many years away. Otherwise, I'd know how to watch f**king college ball. Heh.

And no, I won't tell you who he is. Way too easy to track people through the internet as it is. I don't trust you crazies. My long rambling posts probably make you want to hunt me down and take away my laptop just so you don't have to spend the time scrolling past them.

So yeah... draft this dude 'cause my Uncle says so. Frank Gore is my favorite player on the team, I'm a total fan boy. Gore > All. Still... draft Devine.

Do it.

This team does have clear needs at many positions, but the biggest need of all is a playmaker. Those are few and far between on our team. A playmaker not only opens up the offense (or defense) for you, but they can also bail you out of situations. VD if used properly (he isn't right now) can be one, but right now, he isn't. Crabtree is just getting started. Gore right now is the only guy who we can say we may have won games solely because of his efforts. Two or three of these types on each side of the ball provide a lot of insurance for bad or inexperienced QB play whcih we are almost certain to have next year, inconsistent O-line play, bad coaching (as long as the person sees the field), and the other problems that have plagued us this decade. So although we could surely use a CB, a DE or OLB (depending on what D we run next year) that can put up sacks, maybe a safety, and a receiver to compliment Crabtree, if a gamebreaker is sitting there AFTER we get a QB, take him.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

Hehehe....

Awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone