LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

oldman9er's mid-way point Offseason + Mock

2010 record: 7-9

2011 Offseason

Noteworthy Coaching Changes:

Noteworthy Trades:
WR - Josh Morgan + 4th round pick traded to Carolina Panthers for their 3rd round pick.

Noteworthy Free Agent Addition:

1st RD ---- CB - Prince Amukamara - { Nebraska }

2nd RD ---- QB - Rick Stanzi - { Iowa }

3rd RD ---- RB - Noel Devine - { West Virginia }

ROUND 3 ---- DE - Brooks Reed - { Arizona }

ROUND 4 ---- CB - Johnny Patrick - { Louisville }

ROUND 5 ---- DE - Markus White - { Florida State }

ROUND 6 ---- LB - Jonas Mouton - { Michigan }

ROUND 6 ---- DT - Chris Neild - { West Virginia }

ROUND 7 ---- OT - Rob McGill - { Louisiana Tech }

ROUND 7 ---- RB/FB - Ryan Houston - { North Carolina }

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Edited by oldman9er on Nov 7, 2010 at 7:01 PM ]
del rio will get another coaching job if not next yr the yr after
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Interesting trade. Don't think Carolina would go for it. They got Steve Smith and a bunch of young receivers.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Oh and gotta love the effort put in to this. I think Brian Billick is a likely addition. And i look for a guy like a Lovie Smith or Del Rio or Wade Philips as DC. I think (hope) the Yorks will spend big for the coach this time around.
First - Thanks for the effort and adding a little fun to a depressing season.

I don't know much about most of these guys but now I'll have some reference people to look up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I stopped reading after you said Alex Smith had an overall positive season.

FAIL.....
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

FAIL.....

The way I interpreted is what that oldman9er said Alex would be good in the 2nd half of the season. If anything I expect Troy to start a few more before going back to Alex.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

FAIL.....

The way I interpreted is what that oldman9er said Alex would be good in the 2nd half of the season. If anything I expect Troy to start a few more before going back to Alex.

If Troy plays well against the Rams Alex is not coming back into the starting the lineup.

FAIL.....

looking back at the broncos game you guys are giving troy a little too much credit teh broncos give opposing qbs a rating of about 90 on average troy smith was far from dominate that game not saying he didnt do a good job r get the job done

but exceot for the raiders every team we faced were better than the broncos hell even the raiders might be better (beat them 59-14 or something like that)

i like the mock and i like alex starting next year and have stanzi or ponder sit behind him for a year before they take the reins
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

FAIL.....

looking back at the broncos game you guys are giving troy a little too much credit teh broncos give opposing qbs a rating of about 90 on average troy smith was far from dominate that game not saying he didnt do a good job r get the job done

but exceot for the raiders every team we faced were better than the broncos hell even the raiders might be better (beat them 59-14 or something like that)

i like the mock and i like alex starting next year and have stanzi or ponder sit behind him for a year before they take the reins

You must like losing.

I will guarantee you one thing Smith is done in SF beyond this year. You can take that to the bank.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

FAIL.....

Thanks, and yes, Ponder is another option I would be fine with in the 2nd round. Still haven't seen enough of him to be sure... but it's impossible to be sure about any of these QBs.

All that yapping about guarantees on Alex being gone in the offseason make me chuckle. I heard those same guarantees last offseason.

.... and yeah, my prediction is that Troy starts next week and does poorly enough that we see Alex back in to finish out stronger.

... and if I'm wrong and Troy does well? Then fine... Alex is out, and maybe Troy starts while our 2nd round QB develops.
Why did you pass on Peterson.....I'm assuming because he had been drafted prior?
Fun post... but #12 (John Brodie) is retired. Dilfer got permission from Brodie to wear it in 07-08.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Why did you pass on Peterson.....I'm assuming because he had been drafted prior?

Would love for SF to draft Peterson, but yes, I figure he will go top 7 after he shows his stuff at the Combine.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Would love for SF to draft Peterson, but yes, I figure he will go top 7 after he shows his stuff at the Combine.

Peterson is getting used by Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone