There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

Draft Prospects Worth Fight For
Quote:
QB Christian Ponder: Florida State
It’s no surprise that Ponder would be the QB I target, seeing as I have him as the number one rated quarterback prospect in the draft. He’s not quite as physically talented as the big three juniors in the class. However, he’s a tough, gritty kid who displays good accuracy and anticipation in the pass game. Plus, he’s comfortable from center, is athletic enough to create second lives for an offense and if he checks out medically, I wouldn’t have any qualms at all taking a look at him in the mid/late first round range.
* Matt Malaspina, the 49ers national scout, attended the FSU pro day.
Sorry for all the errors, posting from my droid.

E, Fla. --Christian Ponder was right on the money with nearly all of his passes, giving Nat otball League talent evaluators one more look. e Florida State star quarterback has been moving up quickly in the opinions of many NFL scouts af ng named the MVP at the Senior Bowl followed by his performance at the league's combine in ianapolis that some said was better than Auburn's Cam Newton or Missouri's Blaine Gabbert. d Ponder -with help from longtime NFL receiving great Isaac Bruce -did nothing to hurt that mentum at Florida State's pro day Wednesday, zipping pass after pass to Bruce and a handful of rida State teammates. nder has been trying to prove to NFL scouts that he has totally recovered from injuries to his throwing arm.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/16/2118113/ponder-sharp-during-pro-day-workout.html[b]

[ Edited by DaveTheShocker on Mar 16, 2011 at 12:53:09 ]
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Sorry for all the errors, posting from my droid.

E, Fla. --Christian Ponder was right on the money with nearly all of his passes, giving Nat otball League talent evaluators one more look. e Florida State star quarterback has been moving up quickly in the opinions of many NFL scouts af ng named the MVP at the Senior Bowl followed by his performance at the league's combine in ianapolis that some said was better than Auburn's Cam Newton or Missouri's Blaine Gabbert. d Ponder -with help from longtime NFL receiving great Isaac Bruce -did nothing to hurt that mentum at Florida State's pro day Wednesday, zipping pass after pass to Bruce and a handful of rida State teammates. nder has been trying to prove to NFL scouts that he has totally recovered from injuries to his throwing arm.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/16/2118113/ponder-sharp-during-pro-day-workout.html[b]

Isaac Bruce was there helping him out? We have a decent connection with him I believe. Hopefully still haha. I am real high on Ponder have been since last year.
I know this has been rehased, but his all star performance and workouts have been all positive. Not to mention his playing in a pro style offense.

I know some of you are tired about talk of players who come from gimmick offense needing more time, but I believe its true and not just because of our experience with he who shall be nameless.

Manning was wisely selected over leaf because he was more NFL ready, even though many said Leaf had more upside, etc. So Ponder will be way ahead of the curb, his only issue might be durability.

I will be happy with a PP/VM/or Dareus and a Ponder p/u.
I'm on board! He looked solid yesterday!!!!!! I'll take him in the 2nd! Steal of the draft.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Ponder is the QB I want most in this draft by a long way.
I know I bashed Ponder a lot prior to the end of the college season, but he has impressed me a lot during the off season. I still would rather have Dalton over him, but I won't be upset if he somehow fell to us in the 2nd.
Most draft experts would think this was gross overreach, but do you think the Niners might select Ponder at #7 if they think he is the best QB for WCO?
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
Most draft experts would think this was gross overreach, but do you think the Niners might select Ponder at #7 if they think he is the best QB for WCO?

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat that at all if Harbaugh sees him as "the guy". He looks good to me and I don't really care if he's considered a draft day reach if we got him and he became a franchise QB. How many #7 overall picks would we all trade for Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Rivers, etc, etc...?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by Chief:
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by ncninerfan:

Honestly, I wouldn't sweat that at all if Harbaugh sees him as "the guy". He looks good to me and I don't really care if he's considered a draft day reach if we got him and he became a franchise QB. How many #7 overall picks would we all trade for Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Rivers, etc, etc...?

same. If we think he's "the guy", that means possibly a number of other qb-desperate teams also see him that way so even trading down to mid/late 1st is a risk.

I'd rather see a scenario where we can get him and also a quinn/dareus/miller/peterson but with our spot in the 2nd and the fact that seattle also needs a qb at 25th, reaching is not the worst idea.

If we are going to trade down, we can't do it with NE because of seattle. Someone like the colts maybe, or perhaps giants a bit higher up. An extra 2nd or 3rd would do wonders for all of the position depth/upgrades this team should do.
Ponder is going to be the most successful QB in this draft class.. This is who I want leading my team for the next 10-15 years.

Gabbert = bust/will be drafted way to early
Newton = maybe bust/chance to be good in right situation
Locker = decent QB for a team who never wants to win a SB
Kaepernick = career backup with huge arm
Dalton = decent QB for a team who could lead his team to a SB
Stanzi = please dont even get on this wagon
Everyone else = garbage

Pleeease draft this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz2KeUJeHp0

[ Edited by 9erguy on Mar 17, 2011 at 13:32:57 ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home