There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Nov 30, 2008 - Back injury (which he hid from FSU coaches)
Nov 8, 2009 - Right shoulder seperation (cost him the season)
Oct 17, 2010 - Right Elbow injury (ruptured bursa sac) injury hampered him through outthe rest of the year even causing him to miss the ACC title game. (Which they lost)
Dec 31, 2010 - Concussion (missed the rest of the bowl game)

In summary - He is a right handed QB with a history of Right arm issues. Not to mention that he missed time due to a concussion, arguably the most common QB injury in the pros.

Christian Ponder is not the answer.

2008 back injury is BS. He played the entire season.

The rest of his injuries/ besides the concussion, is a result of him not taking time off to heal. Yes he injured his elbow but it lingered throughout the rest of the year until it finally became swollen and forced him to miss.

Injuries are a concern but Ponder is no puss. He'll play until you take him off the field. He even tried to play in the Bowl game this past year.

I don't think anyone is trying to call him a puss. I certainly wasn't. I'm just trying to say that those are some pretty significant injuries for a QB people are projecting as a 2nd round pick. I'd be ok with a 3rd rounder, or trading back up into the mid to late 2nd.
this thread needs to be bumped...Ponder=WINNING!
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Another reason to draft Christian Ponder over Cam Newton.......Cam has the heisman, but Christian has the real trophy. Nicely done Christian.
Christian's Girlfriend: Kacie McDonnell

FSU coeds FTW.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Another reason to draft Christian Ponder over Cam Newton.......Cam has the heisman, but Christian has the real trophy. Nicely done Christian.
Christian's Girlfriend: Kacie McDonnell

FSU coeds FTW.

Actually........she goes to Villanova University. But I do agree about the FSU coeds.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/09000d5d81eb937c/Something-to-Ponder
Originally posted by Envy:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/09000d5d81eb937c/Something-to-Ponder

that's a horrid tie.

-9fA
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Envy:

that's a horrid tie.

-9fA

American "fashion"
If Harbaugh and Baalke are sold on him then I can guarantee we trade up into the late first or early second to get him. I smell a trade with the Patriots.
Just wanted to show what Christian Ponder can do when healthy. In '09, versus UNC with all the "great, NFL caliber defensive players (Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, Deunta Williams, Kendric Burney just to name a few)",
Ponder was: 33/40 for 395 yards, 3 TDs. and 0 INTs., including an 98 yarder, QB rating 190.2.
And now for you viewing pleasure.........Ponder vs. UNC '09

Side note: UNC's defense was 13th in points against (16.9), 6th in total yards (267.8 yards), 12th in passing yards (2099), 9th in rush yards, 13th in INTs (19). So in summary. Ponder put up great #s versus a statistically great Defense.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Just wanted to show what Christian Ponder can do when healthy. In '09, versus UNC with all the "great, NFL caliber defensive players (Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, Deunta Williams, Kendric Burney just to name a few)",
Ponder was: 33/40 for 395 yards, 3 TDs. and 0 INTs., including an 98 yarder, QB rating 190.2.

Side note: UNC's defense was 13th in points against (16.9), 6th in total yards (267.8 yards), 12th in passing yards (2099), 9th in rush yards, 13th in INTs (19). So in summary. Ponder put up great #s versus a statistically great Defense.

Nice comeback, seemed like too many super short throws in the 1st half but when he needed to make a big play he did. Like the zip on his medium/longer range passes. Steps out of the pocket a lot of the time, but also showed good pocket presence when he needed to make the big play. Some of those passes were in a super tight window, like to see that too.

I like him

[ Edited by mike on Mar 14, 2011 at 00:40:11 ]
Originally posted by mike:

Nice comeback, seemed like too many super short throws in the 1st half but when he needed to make a big play he did. Like the zip on his medium/longer range passes. Steps out of the pocket a lot of the time, but also showed good pocket presence when he needed to make the big play. Some of those passes were in a super tight window, like to see that too.

I like him

I agree. He looks exactly like what we need as our WCO QB. Dude is legit.
Tommorow is the FSU pro day.

Will Harbaugh attend?
^^

Pump fake and touch!

Tight Windows!

Come from behind win!

Tough Competition!

If we don't get Gabbert in the 1st, then I'm all for trading up in the late 1st to get Ponder.

Patrick Peterson/Von Miller/Robert Quinn + Christian Ponder =
yup, Ponder or Dalton in the 2nd would be harbaughsome
Originally posted by mavfd9er:
If Harbaugh and Baalke are sold on him then I can guarantee we trade up into the late first or early second to get him. I smell a trade with the Patriots.

No way the Patriots want more picks, if anything the Patriots trade up.