There are 243 users in the forums

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please stop the bomb throwing or everyone involved will be warned, right or wrong.

Kolohe just fired off the warning shot.
That 2nd TD pass Ponder threw was pretty damn good!
I like the idea of Harbaugh mentoring this guy. I think he could be a good WCO QB.

I'm on the bandwagon.
I'm really torn between Ponder and Stanzi.

Ponder may have a slight edge with the smarts. Stanzi may have a slight edge in arm strength. Combine and pro days should be interesting.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Ponder may have a slight edge with the smarts. Stanzi may have a slight edge in arm strength. Combine and pro days should be interesting.

Of course Balke could pass on both and take Andy Dalton in the 4th round.
  • mike
  • Veteran

Harder to make someone smart than it is to strengthen their arms.

I think I'm on the ponder train :)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Who said anything about the 5th or 6th rd? I didn't...I think he goes in the 2nd. That's where we should grab him...only knock on the guy is his health. He looks like a natural for the WCO...I wouldn't risk passing on him in 2nd rd. We take either Miller or Amukamara in 1st, then Ponder in 2nd. That's a great start to the draft...

Agreed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Who said anything about the 5th or 6th rd? I didn't...I think he goes in the 2nd. That's where we should grab him...only knock on the guy is his health. He looks like a natural for the WCO...I wouldn't risk passing on him in 2nd rd. We take either Miller or Amukamara in 1st, then Ponder in 2nd. That's a great start to the draft...

Agreed.

Yeah, but if Buffalo or Arizona don't go Qb in the 1st, they'll most likely go Qb in the 2nd and it's just our luck that they'll be picking ahead of us.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 30, 2011 at 06:26:18 ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

Agreed.

Yeah, but if Buffalo or Arizona don't go Qb in the 1st, they will most likely be going Qb in the 2nd and it's just our luck that they'll be picking aheadl of us.

Yeah, that would suck.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Agreed.

Yeah, but if Buffalo or Arizona don't go Qb in the 1st, they will most likely be going Qb in the 2nd and it's just our luck that they'll be picking aheadl of us.

Yeah, that would suck.

Yeah, it would.
im on the bandwagon

Of course Balke could pass on both and take Andy Dalton in the 4th round.

I like Dalton but I think we will take Ponder over the three of them.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
1987 Danny McManus

1988 Chip Ferguson

1989 P. T. Willis

1990 Brad Johnson/Casey Weldon

1991 Casey Weldon

1992-1993 Charlie Ward

1994-1995 Danny Kanell

1996-1997 Thad Busby

1998-2000 Chris Weinke

2001-2004 Chris Rix

2004 Chris Rix/Wyatt Sexton

2005 Drew Weatherford

2006-2007Drew Weatherford/Xavier Lee

2008-2009 Christian Ponder

wow. if this is not a telling sign of no good QB's from that program, i don't know what is.
did all of those guys pass through the the same system?

I see your point, but it shouldn't really matter to be honest. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Can you list all the QBs from Tennessee, Michigan, Purdue, North Carolina and Cal....just for starters.
I've been on since the beginning and I'm staying on. Ponder in the 2nd/3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone