LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

The Christian Ponder Bandwagon

• mayo49
  • Veteran

I like this kid in the 2nd/3rd round. He has a strong and accurtate arm and is real mobile. His arm has been hurt, so the stats are kind of decieving, but I think this guy can be a player at the next level. Anybody else want to jump on the bandwagon?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM ]
I am a big FSU fan and watch their games every week and I am kind of torn on Ponder and how I think he will transition to the NFL.

When he is on he is very good, but he seems to be pretty inconsistent. He is also quick to scramble if he feels the pressure, however he has been really good at scrambling and picking up yards and first downs this year.

Being a Florida State fan I hope he succeeds at the next level.
Not a big fan on his NFL prospects. Sorry.
Not impressed. Sorry mayo.
meh..
He will go to NE, sit for 2 years, play a few games, and get traded for 2 1st round picks then suck forever.
HE
IS
TERRIBLE

/thread
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
HE
IS
TERRIBLE

/thread

He's just real inconsistent, probably because he constantly on the run because of spotty OL play. Maybe he's more of a 3rd/4th rounder instead. I still think he has some skills and just needs to be coached up. Gruden?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 6, 2010 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
HE
IS
TERRIBLE

/thread

He's just real inconsistent, probably because he constantly on the run because of spotty OL play. Maybe he's more of a 3rd/4th rounder instead. I still think he has some skills and just needs to be coached up. Gruden?

Sounds like Alex Smith. And Gruden isn't known for his ability to develop qbs like say holmgren.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
He will go to NE, sit for 2 years, play a few games, and get traded for 2 1st round picks then suck forever.

LMAO!!!!!!

Originally posted by mayo49:
HE
IS
TERRIBLE

/thread

My dude, Florida State has one of the best offensive lines in the country.
He threw up 3 TDs and no picks today.
I'm with you Mayo. I like Ponder a lot.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'm an FSU fan too (Class of '08) and I don't think Ponder's is gonna be good NFL QB.

Waaay too inconsistent against ACC play that has a bunch of ok teams but no great team. He kinda f**ks up at bad times (*cough*) but luckily his D is good enough where it doesn't hurt too bad. He's been too up and down for me and for obvious reason I'm very very very wary of inconsistent QB play.

Hope he proves me wrong tho, but it you wanna look at FSU for prospects check their offensive and defensive lines.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'm with you Mayo. I like Ponder a lot.

I think he'd be better than Alex and we can get him later in the draft. Those are the two biiggest arguments I can make. Just throwing it out there to gauge what you guys think.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone