LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

I've watched him this year and what I like is he makes the play when he has to. 3 and 10 throws an 11 yd pass. Not a rocket dump off to RB. He also throws his guys open. Last he has comeback in multiple games this year. If we can't get Luck grab Ricky in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Been on it, but officially taking my seat on it.

- CAN make all the throws necessary in the NFL.

- Good ball placement

- Smart QB, improved from 2009 season.

- Mobile enough to make plays with his legs.

- Moxie, swagger, maintains his cool when playing from behind.

- Pocket awareness, stands tall in pocket.

- Leadership

- Experience in Pro Style offense.

Can he throw from the roll out?

yes, the rollout is a staple of the Iowa offense, especially off of playaction

then he is already knows our whole offense

draft him
Originally posted by conformers:
I've watched him this year and what I like is he makes the play when he has to. 3 and 10 throws an 11 yd pass. Not a rocket dump off to RB. He also throws his guys open. Last he has comeback in multiple games this year. If we can't get Luck grab Ricky in the 2nd.

I also like Stanzi, but could not understand half of what you wrote in that post.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I like him. If we can't have Luck he's number 2 on my list.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:

I also like Stanzi, but could not understand half of what you wrote in that post.

- He has clutch moments

- He doesn't throw dump passes to RBs 2 yards ahead. He throws long enough for a first down, and not shorter

- Instead of throwing to an open receiver, he throws the ball in a way to let the receiver run his route to become open.

- He has multiple comeback victories this year
Exactly as I intended it to be written.

Geek, are you available to decipher all my posts?

I've watched him this year and what I like is he makes the play when he has to. 3rd and 10 he throws an 11 yd pass. Not a rocket dump off to RB. He also throws his guys open. Last he has comeback in multiple games this year. If we can't get Luck grab Ricky in the 2nd.

Took me a second too, so I fixed it for you.

edit: Geek beat me to it!
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM ]
Scott Wright seems to be getting on board
Originally posted by vrabbit:

"A prototypical pocket passer with excellent throwing mechanics, Stanzi is a three-year starter who is well versed in a pro style system and accustomed to operating under center. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Stanzi are his intangibles. A terrific leader and field general, Stanzi is very smart with a high football IQ, has an outstanding work ethic and is as tough as the day is long."

It's all about the Moxie with me now. I now know just how important that trait is. So what if he doesn't have a Mallett's arm, Ponder's or Locker's feet or pin point accuracy like Bradford. This kid just looks like Montana when he was in college...at least to me he does of what I can remember.

I love that he simply doesn't give up and has the ability to be cool as a cucumber when it matter the most. Also love those fourth quarter comebacks.

Could he actually penetrate the first round or will he be at most a mid second?

The post-season games will be a determining factor.

Me really likey.
Originally posted by ninertico:

"A prototypical pocket passer with excellent throwing mechanics, Stanzi is a three-year starter who is well versed in a pro style system and accustomed to operating under center. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Stanzi are his intangibles. A terrific leader and field general, Stanzi is very smart with a high football IQ, has an outstanding work ethic and is as tough as the day is long."

It's all about the Moxie with me now. I now know just how important that trait is. So what if he doesn't have a Mallett's arm, Ponder's or Locker's feet or pin point accuracy like Bradford. This kid just looks like Montana when he was in college...at least to me he does of what I can remember.

I love that he simply doesn't give up and has the ability to be cool as a cucumber when it matter the most. Also love those fourth quarter comebacks.

Me really likey.

Yup, Wright certainly knows how to sell a guy

I need to start watching more Iowa games

Me really likey.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I've watched him this year and what I like is he makes the play when he has to. 3rd and 10 he throws an 11 yd pass. Not a rocket dump off to RB. He also throws his guys open. Last he has comeback in multiple games this year. If we can't get Luck grab Ricky in the 2nd.

Took me a second too, so I fixed it for you.

edit: Geek beat me to it!
now i know why the us-american education is a laughing stock

Me really likey.

Just kidding

But definitely agree on your points.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Byisgod:
He has a weak arm. Other than that, he seems pretty good to me. I'd take a chance on him in the 2nd and let him sit for a year or two.

If Gruden ends up being our coach and brings the WCO back he would not need the biggest arm. I don't really know much about the guy. I will have to keep my eye open for hawkeye game on tv.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Me really likey.

LOL, Scott Wright been reading this thread!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone