There are 186 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

Originally posted by iLL49er:
we're getting stanzi or pat devlin

book it.

Still on the bandwagon. Ain't hopping off anytime soon.
Stopping this Bandwagon at In n Out Drive thru! I'm hungry! Then, I will drive on.

Double doubles for all!!!!!

LOL

Looking forward to the Senior Bowl and getting a closer look at his skills with superior talent.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Still on the bandwagon. Ain't hopping off anytime soon.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Stopping this Bandwagon at In n Out Drive thru! I'm hungry! Then, I will drive on.

LOL

Looking forward to the Senior Bowl and getting a closer look at his skills with superior talent.

Then you will see the suck that is Stanzi. All will know why every pro scout thinks of him as a 5th rd back up QB.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

LOL

Then you will see the suck that is Stanzi. All will know why every pro scout thinks of him as a 5th rd back up QB.

Refresh my memory, what round was Brady taken in again?

LOL

Seen enough of him to know he's underrated. So see and focus on the suckage if you wish, but ultimately, it's not there. There is a reason he's graded in the 3-4 range.

You have your opinion and I'm happy for you.

LOL

Seen enough of him to know he's underrated. So see and focus on the suckage if you wish, but ultimately, it's not there. There is a reason he's graded in the 3-4 range.

You have your opinion and I'm happy for you.

Without seeing espn or other mocks, I also thought he would be a good pick in the third.
I'm nervous that the Bills and Bengals are gonna fall in love with Stanzi and take him in the 3rd before us
Ideal for me is if we draft both Dalton and Stanzi in the mid to late rounds if Harbaugh decides to go the two QB draft to better his chances of developing a good QB for our offense.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:27 AM ]

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Ideal for me is if we draft both Dalton and Stanzi in the mid to late rounds if Harbaugh decides to go the two QB draft to better his chances of developing a good QB for our offense.

That's the Jon Gruden approach -- acquire a sh*tload of QBs and sort 'em out afterwards...
Originally posted by nickbradley:

That's the Jon Gruden approach -- acquire a sh*tload of QBs and sort 'em out afterwards...

Gruden didn't do too well with that though.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm nervous that the Bills and Bengals are gonna fall in love with Stanzi and take him in the 3rd before us

If Harbaugh likes him and we have yet to get a QB, pull the trigger and jump ahead by jumping in front at the last possible moment ala Bill Walsh for Jerry Walsh. I'm sure Cowpoke fans really rule the day with a lot of what ifs and if only...damn niners...damn Walsh...hahaha!
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I also don't think Jon Gruden is capable of developing a QB and was doing that hoping to get lucky. But with Harbaugh's QB development skills and our needs for a QB, I wouldn't be opposed if he drafts two QB in his first draft as nowadays, head coaches usually have 2-3 years to turn a franchise towards the right direction. And if Harbaugh is successful in developing both, having a capable back up QB is important (and Carr isn't it) and maybe QB#2 is even trade-able.

The year Rodgers was made the starting QB for the Packers, Thompson and McCarthy even went out and drafted two QBs, Brohm and Flynn. Having too many good QBs (like pass rushers or CBs) is a good problem to have.
Exacty redngold...Still I wanna see us trade for Josh Johnson and draft stanza.
Share 49ersWebzone