LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

The Ricky Stanzi Bandwagon

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Can we please put this thread to rest? And by that I mean thrown off a cliff while simultaneously exploding with eight barrels of explosives? Looney Tunes style.

I challenge anyone to find ONE play in the Insight Bowl that says "Yeah, Ricky Stanzi can be a franchise QB." Do it. Do it.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Can we please put this thread to rest? And by that I mean thrown off a cliff while simultaneously exploding with eight barrels of explosives? Looney Tunes style.

I challenge anyone to find ONE play in the Insight Bowl that says "Yeah, Ricky Stanzi can be a franchise QB." Do it. Do it.

Stanzi had a horrible bowl game, but had a good season overall.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

He's a good developmental backup QB - mid-late rounds.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

He's a good developmental backup QB - mid-late rounds.

Yup.
People all too quickly forget how good Nate Davis was in his college career. Up until the last two games of the season people thought Davis would be a first rounder, and the only thing holding him back from top 10 was his height. How many backups do we need on this team, when we already have a good backup. Unless it's a guy we feel comfortable as our franchise, don't waste the pick.

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Dec 28, 2010 at 22:59:06 ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
People all too quickly forget how good Nate Davis was in his college career. Up until the last two games of the season people thought Davis would be a first rounder, and the only thing holding him back from top 10 was his height. How many backups do we need on this team, when we already have a good backup. Unless it's a guy we feel comfortable as our franchise, don't waste the pick.

I think you're forgetting the impact Davis' learning disability had on his draft status.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:

I think you're forgetting the impact Davis' learning disability had on his draft status.

Scouts had him graded as a 2nd rounder talent-wise. He tumbled to a 5th round prospect after that came out, so yes, Ghost is right. If Davis had no learning disability, he might have not only gone to another team, but he wouldn't be on a practice squad.
I'd take this guy in the 3rd, and let Harbaugh develop him behind Donovan McNabb.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

1st quarter at the 13:28 minute mark, Stanzi stepped up in the pocket made a nice deep touch pass to McNutt for 49 yards in stride.

Quote:

3rd and 5 at IOWA 38 Ricky Stanzi pass complete to Marvin McNutt for 49 yards to the Misso 13 for a 1ST down.

I still think Stanzi can be a good QB in the NFL, he has all the tools. I'm not gonna base one game off of how good of a season hes had. Yah he threw two picks in this game, so what hes only throw 6 all year, that's including the two last night.

Ehhh I wasn't impressed last night. I'd take him in the 4th or 5th.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

1st quarter at the 13:28 minute mark, Stanzi stepped up in the pocket made a nice deep touch pass to McNutt for 49 yards in stride.

Quote:

3rd and 5 at IOWA 38 Ricky Stanzi pass complete to Marvin McNutt for 49 yards to the Misso 13 for a 1ST down.

I still think Stanzi can be a good QB in the NFL, he has all the tools. I'm not gonna base one game off of how good of a season hes had. Yah he threw two picks in this game, so what hes only throw 6 all year, that's including the two last night.

This. Let's mention the fact that his top receiver was suspended, his tight end dropped two easy passes, and the Missouri defense is actually pretty decent against the pass.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Quote:

This. Let's mention the fact that his top receiver was suspended, his tight end dropped two easy passes, and the Missouri defense is actually pretty decent against the pass.

He stares down his WRs like crazy. That is not going to fly in the NFL.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Quote:

He stares down his WRs like crazy. That is not going to fly in the NFL.

So do all the other draft prospects in this draft. Staring down receivers is something that gets fixed with NFL coaching. Aaron Rodgers did a lot of that in Cal.
NATE DAVIS NEEDS A SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone