LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Draft Studio- Jira Entertainment 2011 NFL Mock Draft (updated 1-11-11) New #1

I think there's a lot in this draft that makes sense.

But I think when this draft actually goes down people will be surprised how little sense it ends up making.

Without a CBA teams are going to be forced to draft for need way more than normal. Teams with QB needs are going to have a very hard time passing on QBs, even if there are better players available. So I just can't see the QBs going that late, even if that's where they would be logically ranked relative to the other players.
no cba kind of helps our draft in my mind. if no cba before the draft we know there are not too many options at pass rush whether de or olb. we do know there are plenty of options at cb in free agency.

we cant miss a pass rush in the draft because no way we really get much in FA. we can miss a CB (first round selection, we will take atleast 1 CB in the draft either way) because there are plenty of options in FA.

say we draft a cb in 1st and miss on pass rush. we are stuck with only a cb and no pass rush after FA. say we draft olb or de in 1 or 2 and miss a cb. we get our pass rush and still have the POSSIBILITY of landing an immediate starter in FA
If Mallett is that low, I see the niners hopping up to get him.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
If Mallett is that low, I see the niners hopping up to get him.

I do not think he would be a good fit in the WCO or with Harbaugh. Just my .02
Originally posted by Jcool:
not impressed with this mock
UPDATED
I would hate for Von Miller to go to Arizona. Also I'm not a fan of Devlin. I would rather have Stanzi in the 2nd round.
jim trotter was saying von miller could go as high as 2 to denver. i watched him play vs nebraska and man he was all over the field and A&M won the gm because of him.
cameron jordan at 9??????
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Maybe it's me but I simply can't see the 49ers taking Prince at #7 without having a sound plan for drafting or getting a pass-rusher off the edge. This is a vet secondary and I don't think they need a CB that high - at least not yet.

I see the 49ers trading down or trading up. Either the get Von Miller or they trade down, but they won't take a CB who was beat like a drum by a WR who won't be selected in the 1st round.

Just some thoughts.

I agree, but I do think we take Peterson if he falls though.

Maybe it's me but I simply can't see the 49ers taking Prince at #7 without having a sound plan for drafting or getting a pass-rusher off the edge. This is a vet secondary and I don't think they need a CB that high - at least not yet.

I see the 49ers trading down or trading up. Either the get Von Miller or they trade down, but they won't take a CB who was beat like a drum by a WR who won't be selected in the 1st round.

Just some thoughts.

Well I might agree with you if Quinn and/or Miller are available at 7 but let's say they are not, do you still think they pass on Prince and take a guy like Kerrigan? I am also excited/optimistic that Fangio and Leavitt can turn Ahmad Brooks into a 3 down OLB.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Just some thoughts.

Well I might agree with you if Quinn and/or Miller are available at 7 but let's say they are not, do you still think they pass on Prince and take a guy like Kerrigan? I am also excited/optimistic that Fangio and Leavitt can turn Ahmad Brooks into a 3 down OLB.

I think they pass on Prince. Just not that impressive and tends to get dominated by bigger/faster receivers. Besides, Prince doesn't start even if drafted. Abbreviated off-season and high pick means he won't be NFL ready or even have the ability to beat out Clements or Spencer. A pass-rusher will have an immediate impact day 1 regardless of how short the off-season may be. I totally see the team trading down if a blue-chip pass-rusher isn't available.

I think Prince can start day one. I do think the 49ers will keep their eyes closely on Patrick Peterson and if there is a chance to move up and get him, they will do so.

Just some thoughts.

Totally agree.... Who would have a bigger impact on this team as a rookie, the Prince or Von Miller (or Cameron Jordan)?

A stud pass rusher would bring the Niners' defense up to another level, even if they still had mediocre CBs. I'm thinking now the order of preference for this team (realistically) should be Dareus, Miller, and Jordan. (I'm assuming that Quinn will be gone). I'd be thrilled if they got any of these guys.

[ Edited by nw9erfan on Jan 28, 2011 at 19:19:31 ]
Share 49ersWebzone