LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

What do y'all think of Cam Newton?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Originally posted by Wodwo:

I agree about the character thing, too. I don't know the kid and I doubt anybody here does. It's all speculation at this point. Saying that you know for sure who he is as a person based on sensationalist media is pretty ignorant.
it's also pretty ignorant to ignore all there question marks...
Mr. Heisman
Originally posted by binary2nd:
This guy sounded borderline retarded on his ESPN interview. It's going to be interesting to see what he scores on the wonderlic.

I've heard an interview and I don't know where you get borderline retarded from. Frank Gore doesn't sound bright at all when he speaks.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
On a side note, how funny is it that exactly after Cam wins the Heisman, ESPN's 30 for 30 is going to be about SMU and the program they had there paying their players...lol.

It's more than just that I watched it on ABC earlier today. Pretty damn good documentary.
Originally posted by communist:

I agree about the character thing, too. I don't know the kid and I doubt anybody here does. It's all speculation at this point. Saying that you know for sure who he is as a person based on sensationalist media is pretty ignorant.

All players have question marks. I think Josh Morgan had character concerns going into the draft but has stayed pretty clean since joining the league. Compare that to Perrish Cox who had character concerns too and is now in trouble for sexual assault. You just never know if these guys learn from their mistakes or are stupid enough to put themselves in bad situations again. That's why they do interviews at the combine

I guess I have some questions. Any chance Newton surpasses Luck for the #1 pick? And when is the last time a heisman trophy winning qb ended up being good in the nfl?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Who said ignore? Did I say ignore?

This is why NFL teams have scouts and General Managers. They get to know the player and they make a decision based on real information that they got first hand.

I'll let the professionals answer "all there question marks".

Will they make the right decision? I have no idea.
Originally posted by teeohh:

All players have question marks. I think Josh Morgan had character concerns going into the draft but has stayed pretty clean since joining the league. Compare that to Perrish Cox who had character concerns too and is now in trouble for sexual assault. You just never know if these guys learn from their mistakes or are stupid enough to put themselves in bad situations again. That's why they do interviews at the combine

I guess I have some questions. Any chance Newton surpasses Luck for the #1 pick? And when is the last time a heisman trophy winning qb ended up being good in the nfl?

No. There is no chance that Newton passes Luck for the #1 pick. As far the last Heisman Winner being good in the NFL.. you dont have to go back to far to Sam Bradford.
Personally I would never take Cam Newton where we will be drafting. Too much risk as an unproven passer and too much risk as an individual who has made mistakes and shown a real lack of maturity. He may be a star in the NFL but its probably going to be for an NFL franchise that can afford to take a risk. That isnt the 49ers.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Personally I would never take Cam Newton where we will be drafting. Too much risk as an unproven passer and too much risk as an individual who has made mistakes and shown a real lack of maturity. He may be a star in the NFL but its probably going to be for an NFL franchise that can afford to take a risk. That isnt the 49ers.

They released the draft order already?

Obviously we are going to have a top 12 pick. So. I say again. I would never take him where we will be picking. Happy?
Besides bradford, he's not established yet. I want to know of another franchise qb.

Obviously we are going to have a top 12 pick. So. I say again. I would never take him where we will be picking. Happy?

LOL...
I guess palmer was the last one, he was elite for a while.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I guess palmer was the last one, he was elite for a while.

Doug Flutie?
Share 49ersWebzone