LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson LSU

Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I would LOVE to get Peterson but he will prob already be gone by the seventh pick. I have heard he is the SAFEST pick in this years draft, kind of like Eric Berry of last year but better.

He's better then Eric Berry? Where did you hear that?

He is bigger, faster, and has similar ball skills. Plus he is a special teams ace. You don't need to hear about those things from anyone.
Originally posted by rayn36:
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I would LOVE to get Peterson but he will prob already be gone by the seventh pick. I have heard he is the SAFEST pick in this years draft, kind of like Eric Berry of last year but better.

He's better then Eric Berry? Where did you hear that?

He is bigger, faster, and has similar ball skills. Plus he is a special teams ace. You don't need to hear about those things from anyone.

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh! We don't want others to know if we want him for our team
Mel Kiper has us taking Peterson in his latest mock. if he's there, we take him, no question. Doubt he'll be there.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Mel Kiper has us taking Peterson in his latest mock. if he's there, we take him, no question. Doubt he'll be there.

If Von Miller and Peterson are available at 7, Who do we take?

Yes i know thats highly unlikely but still
Originally posted by valrod33:

Depends on Miller's weight at the combine. Even if he weighs in at 250, I would rate Peterson slightly higher.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Id go with Peterson.. that's because i fully believe that Ahmad Brooks can be the OLB that we need.. I really think that he can blossom and become an All Pro..
Mayock regarding Patrick Peterson

I tend to value what Mayock has to say.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Saying a corner "could be a safety", is basically saying that the player can't cover.

You don't take players in the top ten with the intention of switching them to a completely new, and less important, position and then cross your fingers.

If Patrick Peterson is not a top ten corner, then you don't take him. Antrel Rolle? Seriously? Who here wants to trade the #7 overall pick for Antrel Rolle?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Saying a corner "could be a safety", is basically saying that the player can't cover.

You don't take players in the top ten with the intention of switching them to a completely new, and less important, position and then cross your fingers.

If Patrick Peterson is not a top ten corner, then you don't take him. Antrel Rolle? Seriously? Who here wants to trade the #7 overall pick for Antrel Rolle?

Exactly. Last week it was Prince should be a safety now it's Peterson.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Id go with Peterson.. that's because i fully believe that Ahmad Brooks can be the OLB that we need.. I really think that he can blossom and become an All Pro..

But what about the other OLB spot? I believe in Brooks. I don't believe in Haralson.

But I would go with Peterson too mainly because you don't normally find shut down corners in the later rounds, but you can find good pass rushers there.

Revis, Bailey, Asomaugha and Woodson were all first round picks.
[ Edited by 49ersRednGold on Feb 17, 2011 at 2:03 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

But what about the other OLB spot? I believe in Brooks. I don't believe in Haralson.

Travie Mccoy

Travie Mccoy

agreed brooks lawson(if resigned) and laboy along with smith and maybe someone in draft would be great we wouldnt have that superstar pass rusher but we will have consistant pressure from all sides

Travie Mccoy

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

That was also said about Malcom Jenkins, turned out to be true. I'd love to have the guy, but 220 does seem a bit heavy. Honestly if he and Miller are both there I won't be upset. Win win.

highly unlikely.

that is all.
Share 49ersWebzone