LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 330 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson LSU

I wouldn't mind drafting either Newton, Peterson, or Amukamara
Peterson is getting abused right now by Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Peterson is getting abused right now by Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl

Didn't watch the whole thing, but gotta agree based on what I saw (unless he was playing against L. Fitzgerald in disguise ).

Decent returner though.
I like him better than Prince
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Don't quite understand why anybody is high on either of these guys. The only times I've seen either (admittedly only twice each) they were thoroughly unimpressive.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

Don't quite understand why anybody is high on either of these guys. The only times I've seen either (admittedly only twice each) they were thoroughly unimpressive.

I have to agree here. I just have seen great return highlights for Peterson and I watched a game where Prince was getting destroyed. I say we just get a beast like Fairley or Bowers...
How likely do you guys think it is he falls to us? I read about how no cornerback has ever been taken higher than #4 or something like that. So excluding the top-4, Cardinals have more pressing issues, Cleveland spent high picks on their secondary last year, so that leaves Peterson for us. When you look at it:
Carolina - Peterson not going #1
Denver - could go here, but would they really use the #2 pick on a corner with glaring defensive line issues as well?
Buffalo - same deal (at least I think...)
Cincinnati - have Joseph and Hall, seems like Joseph isn't leaving
Arizona - maybs...
Cleveland - already covered this

Also, who (at this point) would you guys say is going to be the better corner in the NFL? Peterson or Amukamara?
If we want him might have to trade up. Arizona could us a guy on the other side of AC, I think he's a true lock down cb! Prince sucks, he's really raw, i'd take Blackmon the wr from osu before prince!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 8, 2011 at 18:02:25 ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
If we want him might have to trade up. Arizona could us a guy on the other side of AC, I think he's a true lock down cb! Prince sucks, he's really raw, i'd take Blackmon the wr from osu before prince!

Prince is a good CB. Did you see what he did to Kearse the WR from Washington? He completely shut him down dude in their bowl game. They still lost but he did a good job. He did a good job in the other Nebraska game I watched too. Yeah he got burned by Justin Blackmon but so does everyone else too.
Walterfootball.com's latest mock has Denver passing on Peterson for Nick Fairley --- personally I don't see that happening, but whatever.

Patrick Peterson is supposed to be the best cornerback prospect since Charles Woodson. If he is, would it be worth a trade to #3 to get him?

For the poll purposes, let's say that we would have to give up our second-round pick for the move -- do you do it?

Imagine if we signed Nnamdi, cut Clements, and drafted Peterson. Peterson + Nnamdi = scary.

Personally, I wouldn't do the trade because QB is our #1 need...I would rather draft Locker and take CB Jimmy Smith in the 2nd round.

no just draft Prince at 7 and keep our picks.
Originally posted by valrod33:

I liked Amukamura, but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's a 21-year old version of Nate Clements...physical and dominant in the run game, but can get burned on the deep ball.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Walterfootball.com's latest mock has Denver passing on Peterson for Nick Fairley --- personally I don't see that happening, but whatever.

Patrick Peterson is supposed to be the best cornerback prospect since Charles Woodson. If he is, would it be worth a trade to #3 to get him?

For the poll purposes, let's say that we would have to give up our second-round pick for the move -- do you do it?

Imagine if we signed Nnamdi, cut Clements, and drafted Peterson. Peterson + Nnamdi = scary.

Personally, I wouldn't do the trade because QB is our #1 need...I would rather draft Locker and take CB Jimmy Smith in the 2nd round.
I dont think hes that much better than Amukamara that a trade up is required, so no.

I liked Amukamura, but I'm coming to the conclusion that he's a 21-year old version of Nate Clements...physical and dominant in the run game, but can get burned on the deep ball.

I don't remember seeing Amukamara getting beat deep very often.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't remember seeing Amukamara getting beat deep very often.

That's what the webzone scouting report discusses

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=151276
Share 49ersWebzone