LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson LSU

Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can we say Culliver > Peterson

What do you guys think?

I haven't watched peterson, but damn culliver pretty much shut down megatron.

Peterson has far more potential, but is getting beat like a drum in almost every game. In the end, he might have to make the switch to safety.

Right now it's too early to tell

Hopefully he flames out at CB, the Cards get sick of him, we trade next year's 3rd rounder for him and make him our FS.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can we say Culliver > Peterson

What do you guys think?

I haven't watched peterson, but damn culliver pretty much shut down megatron.

Peterson has far more potential, but is getting beat like a drum in almost every game. In the end, he might have to make the switch to safety.

Right now it's too early to tell

Hopefully he flames out at CB, the Cards get sick of him, we trade next year's 3rd rounder for him and make him our FS.

If he doesn't pan out, they'll "Antrell Rolle" him.
What happened to all the "can't miss" talk about PP? These complaints of him getting burned reminds me of Taylor Mays, big guy and runs fast, but poor coverage skills. If he busts in ARZ, I'd still gladly take him, Harbaugh/Fangio will bring out his potential.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
What happened to all the "can't miss" talk about PP? These complaints of him getting burned reminds me of Taylor Mays, big guy and runs fast, but poor coverage skills. If he busts in ARZ, I'd still gladly take him, Harbaugh/Fangio will bring out his potential.

The guy is still a talent for sure, but IMO Arz seems to have trouble developing their players. I think the only one that's panned out for them is Calais Campbell, but he was a 3rd round selection. Peterson is good, but it's difficult for him to develop when he's essentially their best corner and having to consistently face the top receivers of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone