LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Patrick Peterson LSU

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I've watch Prince all year long. He's raw, fast, great size and likes to jam and will help in run support. I live in oklahoma. He's going to be the better cb he also has the hips. Only one guy got the better of him and that was justin blackmon who's a beast. He was singled on him all game... Even got a great jam, blackmon fought thru, and caught the slant high and away. Prince recovered and still got him.

Lsu cb's have always busted lately. They all look good big fast and do nothing in the nfl.

I'd much rather take prince who i think is a guy who was left alone i never shall him get saftey help he's a guy that allowed like a 24% completion, i think he's faster better cb then haden was and i think he's more raw but will be an elite cb.

I watched several cuts of Amukamara's plays last night and I think the speed question arise from his technicality. He is unbelievably patient when it comes to making open field tackles and it does almost seem like he is running at half speed if you aren't paying complete attention. Every play that he got "beat" on was a press coverage where he over extended on jam at the LOS and the guy side stepped him. He still made the tackles immediately after the catch or was able to force an overthrow by staying close. To me that is a very easy fix and they teach him to jam at the guys ribs not his shoulders. I prefer Amukamara over Peterson for the simple reason that he is a pure corner, I'll take speed questions over inability to cover questions any day. Also drafting Peterson for his return ability would be a little much with Ginn and Williams already back there.

In my perfect world Peterson and Miller come off the board before we pick and we hopefully only need to pick between Quinn and Amukamara.

peterson doesnt have any questions about ability to cover
http://nflmocks.com/2011/02/26/patrick-peterson/

look what this guy has got to say about peterson, wonder if hes saying it just for shock value?

"Peterson is consistently out of position in coverage. He lacks instincts, and sometimes it seems like he just doesn’t know plays. He is usually overaggressive in coverage and he struggles to commit to his zone in pass plays and play actions. He also commits a whole lot of pass interference penalties after he gets beat.
Peterson’s main issue is a complete lack of cover skills. He possesses pretty bad route recognition skills. He is very bad at anticipating slants routes, and he frequently loses focus on his man. He often gives receivers too much of a cushion and he is very susceptible to being fooled by head fakes and breaks in routes."
Originally posted by crabman82:

look what this guy has got to say about peterson, wonder if hes saying it just for shock value?

"Peterson is consistently out of position in coverage. He lacks instincts, and sometimes it seems like he just doesn’t know plays. He is usually overaggressive in coverage and he struggles to commit to his zone in pass plays and play actions. He also commits a whole lot of pass interference penalties after he gets beat.
Peterson’s main issue is a complete lack of cover skills. He possesses pretty bad route recognition skills. He is very bad at anticipating slants routes, and he frequently loses focus on his man. He often gives receivers too much of a cushion and he is very susceptible to being fooled by head fakes and breaks in routes."

If all that stuff was true then he would've been lit up like a Christmas tree in college, but he wasn't. Majority of that stuff is bs. The only thing is that sometimes he is a little overaggressive. But he was a lockdown CB for the most part.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

If all that stuff was true then he would've been lit up like a Christmas tree in college, but he wasn't. Majority of that stuff is bs. The only thing is that sometimes he is a little overaggressive. But he was a lockdown CB for the most part.

when i came accross the article i was thinking this guy is saying this stuff just to look different from all of the other analysts, a form of self-promotion for him
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

when i came accross the article i was thinking this guy is saying this stuff just to look different from all of the other analysts, a form of self-promotion for him

lol its acually a girl

late first round? i wish
Well, Peterson works out tomorrow. With that comes his all important 40 time.

So i ask you, what is the slowest he'd have to run to drop to 7?

I have a feeling anything under a 4.40 and we can kiss him goodbye. I know a lot of drafts have us taking him, but we'd be undeniably lucky if we could land him at 7. I believe after tomorrow all the talk of us taking him will die down because it will require us to trade up to the top 2 picks to do so.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

I have a feeling anything under a 4.40 and we can kiss him goodbye. I know a lot of drafts have us taking him, but we'd be undeniably lucky if we could land him at 7. I believe after tomorrow all the talk of us taking him will die down because it will require us to trade up to the top 2 picks to do so.

My question is, what if Prince ran a faster 40 then PP? I am one of the few who thinks Prince is way more legit of a shutdown CB then PP.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

My question is, what if Prince ran a faster 40 then PP? I am one of the few who thinks Prince is way more legit of a shutdown CB then PP.

I look at it like this.

A. I think Prince will run a fast 40. Def fast enough to be a shutdown corner.

B. I think Peterson will also run a fast 40. Def fast enough to be a shutdown corner.

C. I think what separates them is Peterson's ability to be lined up ALL OVER the field. He'll be more of an impact on blitzes, run d (not that Prince isn't excellent at run d, cuz he def is), and we'll be able to do more things schematically with Peterson.

D. So while Prince will be more like a Darrel Revis, Peterson will be more like a Charles Woodson. Really, we can't go wrong with either.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I look at it like this.

A. I think Prince will run a fast 40. Def fast enough to be a shutdown corner.

B. I think Peterson will also run a fast 40. Def fast enough to be a shutdown corner.

C. I think what separates them is Peterson's ability to be lined up ALL OVER the field. He'll be more of an impact on blitzes, run d (not that Prince isn't excellent at run d, cuz he def is), and we'll be able to do more things schematically with Peterson.

D. So while Prince will be more like a Darrel Revis, Peterson will be more like a Charles Woodson. Really, we can't go wrong with either.

Great breakdown. I like your point of view. I can see the same things done, scheme wise, Prince being able to do on par with Peterson. But I completely understand your view of it.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The best part of landing Peterson is that we really gonna need him since we have to deal with Fitzgerald... Mike Williams.. and possibly Julio Jones.. and that's 2x a year, all big boys and all means business!!

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
4.32 Unofficial first run.

SICK!!!!
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
4.32 Unofficial first run.

SICK!!!!

SICK AS f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a WARLOCK!!!!!!!!!!

We need more warlock's on our team
how big is this dude again?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
how big is this dude again?

6 Foot 219
like 6'1 220 or somesh*t, i'm just guessing.
Share 49ersWebzone