LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Justin Blackmon - NOW a Heisman Candidate

what's the deal with this guy? putting up ridiculous numbers being the go-to guy at Okie St, the only other WR's in the nation even close to matching up his numbers are Salas and Pilares from Hawaii and they come from the pass-happy offense.

Today again, with 10 minutes still left in the game he's got 10 catches for 207 yards and a touchdown.

He's worse game of the season yardage wise was the season opener when he had 125 receiving yards - he scored 3 TD's. He's scored a receiving TD in every game so far this season.

What's the report on this guy?

[ Edited by vrabbit on Nov 22, 2010 at 22:15:15 ]
Looks good against limited comp.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
what's the deal with this guy? putting up ridiculous numbers being the go-to guy at Okie St, the only other WR's in the nation even close to matching up his numbers are Salas and Pilares from Hawaii and they come from the pass-happy offense.

Today again, with 10 minutes still left in the game he's got 10 catches for 207 yards and a touchdown.

He's worse game of the season yardage wise was the season opener when he had 125 receiving yards - he scored 3 TD's. He's scored a receiving TD in every game so far this season.

He's a heck of a player out there, but right now I'm not sure I see the kind of dominance that was exuded by Dez Bryant in his time there. He's racking up a ton of yardage and TD's for sure and he's a player to continue to watch more closely. I want to see him against top-of-the-line competition. If he can "dominate the dominant" defenses of the league, then yes, I'll be even more impressed. That's what we need to see.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He's a heck of a player out there, but right now I'm not sure I see the kind of dominance that was exuded by Dez Bryant in his time there. He's racking up a ton of yardage and TD's for sure and he's a player to continue to watch more closely. I want to see him against top-of-the-line competition. If he can "dominate the dominant" defenses of the league, then yes, I'll be even more impressed. That's what we need to see.

he plays nebraska, texas, and I think Oklahoma as well this season, I'm eager to see how he does against their CB's
Originally posted by kstolai:

Ok I didn't watch today's game but I assume he was covered by Amukamara (sp?) for most of the game, and yet he continued his streak of 100+yard games and TD's.

Is this guy for real? This isn't a full-go air it out offense, K. Hunter is one of the top HB's in the country.

Can this dude start getting some love?

[ Edited by vrabbit on Oct 23, 2010 at 17:00:49 ]
  • titan
  • Veteran

Ok I didn't watch today's game but I assume he was covered by Amukamara (sp?) for most of the game, and yet he continued his streak of 100+yard games and TD's.

Is this guy for real? This isn't a full-go air it out offense, K. Hunter is one of the top HB's in the country.

He reminds of Rashaan Woods! That scares me! but he is pretty good. Amukamara sucks! He stumbles all over the place and is late getting in position! Amukamara=Nate Clements.
Originally posted by titan:

He reminds of Rashaan Woods! That scares me! but he is pretty good. Amukamara sucks! He stumbles all over the place and is late getting in position! Amukamara=Nate Clements.

Ok so people weren't giving this guy credit because he had played inferior competition for the most part an now he has another great game against a CB who was arguably the best in CFB coming into last week but now said CB sucks and is overrated?

Blackmonxcuses? this dude is putting up Dez Bryant / Michael Crabtree types of numbers and he's on pace or 20+TD

Ok so people weren't giving this guy credit because he had played inferior competition for the most part an now he has another great game against a CB who was arguably the best in CFB coming into last week but now said CB sucks and is overrated?

Blackmonxcuses? this dude is putting up Dez Bryant / Michael Crabtree types of numbers and he's on pace or 20+TD

Agreed. Blackmon is a BEAST.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Agreed. Blackmon is a BEAST.

Btw, I am by no means talking about drafting the guy, I just think with the season eh's having he should be in the discussion for top-5 WR's in the upcoming draft.
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/10/26/oklahoma-state-star-justin-blackmon-arrested-for-dui-in-texas/

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/10/26/oklahoma-state-star-justin-blackmon-arrested-for-dui-in-texas/

going 92 will do it to you everytime.
  • titan
  • Veteran
drink it up stupid!
I'm gonna go ahead and assume he's gonna be back from suspension this week against Baylor after missing the KSU game due to the DUI.

Expect another 100+yds, TD performance. He may end up leading the nation in yards and TD's at the end of the season even after missing last week's game

I just shall baby T.o.
Originally posted by lamontb:

going 92 will do it to you everytime.

Don't they make enough $$$ to get a Taxi...?
Share 49ersWebzone