There are 152 users in the forums

Which would you consider?

Don't think I want a college coach but what college coach(es) would you consider (not necessarily hire) if we did indeed go after a new coach next year? Not saying these guys would leave but who would you think about hiring or possibly persuading to come to the NFL?

Jim Harbaugh (Stanford)
Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)
Chris Petersen (Boise State)
Mark Richt (Georgia)
Mike Riley (Oregon State)
Gary Patterson (TCU)
Butch Davis (North Carolina)
Steve Sarkisian (Washington)
Bo Pelini (Nebraska
Jeff Tedford (Cal)
Chip Kelly (Oregon)
WOULDN'T CONSIDER ANY COLLEGE COACH

Coaches I thought about but figured they are too old or won't come out of college: Guys who left their NFL team after one year to run back to college FB I didn't include. You may answer with one of these guys as part or your only choice or someone who isn't mentioned.

Mike Sherman (Texas A&M)
Randy Esnall (Conn.) (Coached under Coughlin at Syracuse and Jacksonville)
Urban Meyer (Florida)
Houston Nutt (Ole Miss)
Tommy Tuberville (Texas Tech)
Bob Stoops (Oklahoma)
Frank Beamer (VT)
Jim Tressel (OSU)

Since you can't select more than 1 option with the webzone polls I didn't create one so just respond with a list of the coaches or coach you would consider. If you don't want a college coach respond with WOULDN'T CONSIDER ANY COLLEGE COACH.

Edit: Not sure which forum to put this in. Please move if necessary, thanks.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2010 at 23:43:04 ]
BIG BALLS CHIP!

Too bad he's not going anywhere for a very long time

So i'd want Harbaugh...
Harbaugh's not going anywhere either, he just signed an extension.

Unless little Jed can whip up something he can't refuse.
With the NFL being more and more of a passing league I am surprised nobody has really brought up Chris Petersen (not just in this thread but in the past). He has one of the best high flying offenses but I suppose people are worried about their level of competition. They seem to put up points even when they play the big dogs though.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
With the NFL being more and more of a passing league I am surprised nobody has really brought up Chris Petersen (not just in this thread but in the past). He has one of the best high flying offenses but I suppose people are worried about their level of competition. They seem to put up points even when they play the big dogs though.

Boise is no joke, just imagine if they had the kind of talent that Ohio St., LSU or even USC. IMO, and I'm with you, that's all Chris Peterson.

That would be a serious candidate, good one Gore_21.
Personally I love Marc Richt. Dude might get fired this year which is absurd but his style is very pro oriented.

Having said that...Jim Harbaraugh is the man. FTW.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
BIG BALLS CHIP!

So i'd want Harbaugh...

Originally posted by Gore_21:

I've been screaming Peterson for some time now!!!
Originally posted by al49erfan:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
BIG BALLS CHIP!

So i'd want Harbaugh...

??? Whaaaa. He's amazing. Team is known for precise execution. Crazy concept!
PFT dude said on his site that Rob Ryan (DC for Browns) is the best fit for York.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
PFT dude said on his site that Rob Ryan (DC for Browns) is the best fit for York.

I brought him up on the 49ers.com board and even if he was a poor man's Rex Ryan (they are twins) I just don't see how the offense would get fixed. If we get a defensive coach he better have one hell of an OC ready to join him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

No more DC's, its time we go offensive HC.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

+
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
What about Bobby Petrino?
Share 49ersWebzone