There are 276 users in the forums

The board for people who have given up hope

Im torn between cheering for a few aimless wins, and a high draft pick that will land us Luck/Locker. I'm almost at the point of having given up hope. But if you're posting on the Draft Forum, you must be in the same boat.
We will probably pick high. But we will go on a meaningless winning streak at the end and mess up our draft position. Plus people will be surprised with the lockout how many players WON'T come out this year. We could get a top pick in the wrong year...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We will probably pick high. But we will go on a meaningless winning streak at the end and mess up our draft position. Plus people will be surprised with the lockout how many players WON'T come out this year. We could get a top pick in the wrong year...

The meaningless win streak will result in Sing keeping his job. Therefore, Luck and Harbaugh stay at Stanford. Luck could leave for the draft, but with Buffalo holding the #1 pick he'll say "f that" and stay another year. But next year when we play the NFC East and AFC North we won't win more than two games because every team will outcoach Singletary, resulting in his firing at the end of the season. With the #1 pick, the 49ers select Andrew Luck
Originally posted by teeohh:

The meaningless win streak will result in Sing keeping his job. Therefore, Luck and Harbaugh stay at Stanford. Luck could leave for the draft, but with Buffalo holding the #1 pick he'll say "f that" and stay another year. But next year when we play the NFC East and AFC North we won't win more than two games because every team will outcoach Singletary, resulting in his firing at the end of the season. With the #1 pick, the 49ers select Andrew Luck

That's not even funny. That's a f**king NIGHTMARE.
We will probably pick high. But we will go on a meaningless winning streak at the end and mess up our draft position. Plus people will be surprised with the lockout how many players WON'T come out this year. We could get a top pick in the wrong year...again

fixed
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by teeohh:

That's not even funny. That's a f**king NIGHTMARE.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
We will probably pick high. But we will go on a meaningless winning streak at the end and mess up our draft position. Plus people will be surprised with the lockout how many players WON'T come out this year. We could get a top pick in the wrong year...again

fixed

Again
Next year's draft have some great players in the first at positions of need:

QB
Luck, Locker, Mallett

DE/OLB
Quinn, Ayers, Kerrigan

CB
Peterson, Ras-Dowling, Amukamara

The fact I'm over here already say a lot for my feelings about our team's chances this year.

If we can land a 2010 type of draft especially in these three areas, score!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Next year's draft have some great players in the first at positions of need:

QB
Luck, Locker, Mallett

DE/OLB
Quinn, Ayers, Kerrigan

CB
Peterson, Ras-Dowling, Amukamara

The fact I'm over here already say a lot for my feelings about our team's chances this year.

If we can land a 2010 type of draft especially in these three areas, score!!!

Hello fellow posters, Im new to the forum and I have given up hope for this season so I thought id give my 2 cents. The problems with the team are deeper than Alex Smith, although I few him as a MAJOR part of the problem. We have issues in all 3 phases of the game.

The defense is struggling to stop speedy rushers and the secondary is having the same issues its had for the past 3-5 yrs.

the offensive line is currently struggling but I think they will get better as the year progresses and will be much better next year with with 2 rookie starters. One from a mid major school and the other rookie not being old enough to buy a beer.

Not that Willis is a part of the problem but he has not looked the same this year. I expected him to take the next step this yr and become the hands down best Linebacker in the NFL. He is still one of the best but not the best.

Alex INT Smith is the bust I thought he would be and we are witnessing the effects of missing on a QB #1overall in the draft. This guy is back up at best lets just be honest. 5 yrs is how long they say your franchise is set back from this mistake and they seem to be about right.

We do not adjust well in games to the way team are attacking us on defense and attack the weakness of the opposes teams defense.

Don't wanna ramble so ill list the last issue, running out of the 2 back set is killing our offense because the defense knows exactly whats coming. Frank Gore up the middle, we have got to run the ball will more diversity and we need to spell Frank Gore. Can you name me another back that doesn't come off the field besides frank gore in the NFL today??????????? I most certainly can not because that style of play is out dated. You need your RB to be fresh and you want to present multiple styles for a defense to prepare for. Lastly we have got to be the EASY team in the NFL to game plan for, this is completely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for ranting but what are your thoughts on whats ailing the team and do you agree or disagree with some of my assessments.
Originally posted by duceduce2:
Hello fellow posters, Im new to the forum and I have given up hope for this season so I thought id give my 2 cents. The problems with the team are deeper than Alex Smith, although I few him as a MAJOR part of the problem. We have issues in all 3 phases of the game.

The defense is struggling to stop speedy rushers and the secondary is having the same issues its had for the past 3-5 yrs.

the offensive line is currently struggling but I think they will get better as the year progresses and will be much better next year with with 2 rookie starters. One from a mid major school and the other rookie not being old enough to buy a beer.

Not that Willis is a part of the problem but he has not looked the same this year. I expected him to take the next step this yr and become the hands down best Linebacker in the NFL. He is still one of the best but not the best.

Alex INT Smith is the bust I thought he would be and we are witnessing the effects of missing on a QB #1overall in the draft. This guy is back up at best lets just be honest. 5 yrs is how long they say your franchise is set back from this mistake and they seem to be about right.

We do not adjust well in games to the way team are attacking us on defense and attack the weakness of the opposes teams defense.

Don't wanna ramble so ill list the last issue, running out of the 2 back set is killing our offense because the defense knows exactly whats coming. Frank Gore up the middle, we have got to run the ball will more diversity and we need to spell Frank Gore. Can you name me another back that doesn't come off the field besides frank gore in the NFL today??????????? I most certainly can not because that style of play is out dated. You need your RB to be fresh and you want to present multiple styles for a defense to prepare for. Lastly we have got to be the EASY team in the NFL to game plan for, this is completely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for ranting but what are your thoughts on whats ailing the team and do you agree or disagree with some of my assessments.

Like you I have lost all hope for this season.

My one remaining hope for the season is to see them replace Alex Smith with Troy Smith or Nate Davis. Not that I think that either are better than Alex, but because we need to see what they can offer. If one appears good enough to develope, then we won't have to spend a #1 draft pick on a qb and instead get a lock-down cb or dominant pass rusher.

I have tried to turned my interests toward the draft, but just can't seem to get into it. We could have all the talent in the world, but with this front office and coaching staff we will always be mediocre, no matter how much talent we have.

If it wasn't for fantasy football, I wouldn't be following football at all this season.
I agree with you in seeing what Nate Davis can do, but that would mean admitting to the public that the season is over which wont happen anytime soon. I disagree that even if Nate or Troy do show flashes I would still draft a QB because I would hate to be fooled by a couple good games and being stuck in this mess all over again. Regardless of what Singeltary thinks this a QB driven league, you need a GREAT (top 3) defense to win without one consistently. I do agree we do need to upgrade the secondary and pass rush as well. In my dream world we sign Mike Vick this free agency but I highly doubt that actually happens.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
We obviously need a QB, but that is a crap shoot, many a heralded QB in college turns into an NFL bust. We need a pass rusher, so it maybe best to get the best pass rusher regardless of position with our 1st round pick and grab a QB with our second rounder. I have no business giving my choice for a college QB, I liked Rodgers, but I also liked Leinart, and said Sanchez would be a bust, I was only 1 for 3 in accuracy.
Originally posted by BobS:
We obviously need a QB, but that is a crap shoot, many a heralded QB in college turns into an NFL bust. We need a pass rusher, so it maybe best to get the best pass rusher regardless of position with our 1st round pick and grab a QB with our second rounder. I have no business giving my choice for a college QB, I liked Rodgers, but I also liked Leinart, and said Sanchez would be a bust, I was only 1 for 3 in accuracy.

I disliked Leinart but thought Rodgers would be a bust!

It's a lottery.
Share 49ersWebzone