LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

2011: 49ERS must get..QB, WR, CB!!!! Very Early Predictions

Those 3 key positions are the reason why we aren't successful this year:

First Round: Jake Locker Wash QB
Second Round: Curtis Brown Texas CB

sign in F/A: Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice!(If not franchise tendered)
If we scoop up one OLB to replace Haralson, we will be SET..Im thinking:
Chad Greenway, MIN ... or Shawne Merriman ...Or Thomas Howard, OAK!

NOW WERE READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS.
we don't have the money to sign Jackson and Capt Roids
  • ZRF80
Need a vet in Niner camp ASAP in order to make a playoff run for the next 2 years.

McNabb, Vick, Pennington, Collins.........
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Here's what we do: Hire Jon Gruden and let him bring in his own offensive coaching staff (probably keep Solari). Keep Manusky and Baalke.

Draft: Jake Locker/Andrew Luck in round 1

Then draft some serious speed like WR and CB in rounds 2 and 3.

With a competent coaching staff, new franchise QB and some speed we should be in a real good position to get to the playoffs.

Would LOVE Vincent Jackson!
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Oct 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Depending on where we're picking, draft Luck, Locker, Mallett, Ponder or Stanzi. Get a corner in the second round and a rushing OLB in the 3rd. Add in a new coach (Chucky) and we're set, moving into the new decade and new stadium.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Depending on where we're picking, draft Luck, Locker, Mallett, Ponder or Stanzi. Get a corner in the second round and a rushing OLB in the 3rd. Add in a new coach (Chucky) and we're set moving into the next decade and new stadium.

I'd gladly sacrifice this season if it meant getting a shot at the best QB prospect (looking like Luck right now). The terrible teams who will be needing a QB I see are:

Cleveland, maybe Carolina since they have Clausen, Buffalo and Oakland. Honestly I'd rather us go 2-14 or 3-13 and get Luck, rather than go 6-10 and have to settle for someone else.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Depending on where we're picking, draft Luck, Locker, Mallett, Ponder or Stanzi. Get a corner in the second round and a rushing OLB in the 3rd. Add in a new coach (Chucky) and we're set moving into the next decade and new stadium.

I'd gladly sacrifice this season if it meant getting a shot at the best QB prospect (looking like Luck right now). The terrible teams who will be needing a QB I see are:

Cleveland, maybe Carolina since they have Clausen, Buffalo and Oakland. Honestly I'd rather us go 2-14 or 3-13 and get Luck, rather than go 6-10 and have to settle for someone else.

i can almost guarantee carolina will go for aj green
Jake Locker; DO NOT WANT! The dude spent his first 2 years in a gimmick spread offense, had a productive junior year in a pro-style, but is sucking bad in his second year (has injury issues, horrible footwork, and mediocre posture). Locker's also dependent of the shotgun formation. He'll be the bust of the draft picked #1 by the Bills.

Ryan Mallett would be the blue-chip option (if we traded the bank to the Browns ala 2009 New York Jets). -I'm more than convinced Mallett is gonna be the best NFL-ready QB from the 2011 draft (if Luck doesn't reconsider declaring).

Ryan has natural instincts, big/accurate arm, and his pro-style mechanics are f**kin' solid. (You could probably slip him into any system and he'll catch on fast.) The dude reminds me a hell of a lot of Philip Rivers (he's an a*****e, but a naturally talented leader).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:38 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Ryan Mallet will be a top 10 pick, I doubt we'll get close enough to draft him. Then again, we haven't won a freaking game yet.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Jake Locker; DO NOT WANT! The dude spent his first 2 years in a gimmick spread offense, had a productive junior year in a pro-style, but is sucking bad in his second year (has injury issues, horrible footwork, and mediocre posture). Locker's also dependent of the shotgun formation. He'll be the bust of the draft picked #1 by the Bills.

Ryan Mallett would be the blue-chip option (if we traded the bank to the Browns ala 2009 New York Jets). -I'm more than convinced Mallett is gonna be the best NFL-ready QB from the 2011 draft (if Luck doesn't reconsider declaring).

Ryan has natural instincts, big/accurate arm, and his pro-style mechanics are f**kin' solid. (You could probably slip him into any system and he'll catch on fast.) The dude reminds me a hell of a lot of Philip Rivers (he's an a*****e, but a naturally talented leader).

Just say NO to Mallet! Once he has to move his feet he's screwed and his accuracy is gone. Plus he needs to take a long stride to step into his throw (being such a tall guy) so unless he has a nice big pocket he won't be able to step into his throws and once again his accuracy disappears.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Here's what we do: Hire Jon Gruden and let him bring in his own offensive coaching staff (probably keep Solari). Keep Manusky and Baalke.

Draft: Jake Locker/Andrew Luck in round 1

Then draft some serious speed like WR and CB in rounds 2 and 3.

With a competent coaching staff, new franchise QB and some speed we should be in a real good position to get to the playoffs.

Would LOVE Vincent Jackson!

Me likes. Luck over Locker though.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Hmmm. this bears considering.. I be lookin' out for him now..
Trade whatever it takes to get Andrew Luck. Kid will be the real deal in the NFL
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ryan Mallet will be a top 10 pick, I doubt we'll get close enough to draft him. Then again, we haven't won a freaking game yet.

what are you smoking Koloh. dog. you serious. big arm qb with no mobility, super long wind up, only a game manager. dude is no way top 10...perhaps lower end of the 1st cause of desperation by teams with the need of a qb.
No more projects at QB please, if we take a QB with a 1st round pick I'd like to see us get a QB who can run a pro style offense and throws an acurate ball, no more drafting QB's like lets say a QB that ran a spread offense exclusively out of the shotgun in college and then expect him to be an effective WCO QB in the NFL
Share 49ersWebzone