LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Setting a bad example

Ok so let's get this straight: Michael Lewis left the team, THEN asked for his release. He left. He said he wasn't coming back. He quit. Asking for his release after the fact (or even before, for that matter) doesn't change that fact.

So what is the 49ers response? They grant his release. I think this sends a VERY BAD message to every player on the team. Hey Frank Gore, tired of losing and want to play somewhere else? Just quit! Hey Ahmad Brooks, are you tired of being a back up when you are clearly better than Haralson? Just quit!

The team had NO obligations to grant Lewis' release. I am sure that people will respond saying that the team didn't want a negative player in the locker room, but do you think Lewis is the only one? No he was just the one that was losing his starting job. I even think that the 49ers are still responsible for paying his yearly salary, since he was on the opening day roster! What the team should have done was made him stay on the team, or retire. They could have made him inactive every week, and fined him for missing practice if he stuck to what he said about not coming back. I think this would have sent a much stronger message to everyone.

I think whoever was involved in this desicion showed how they need to grow a pair. And Singletary talking about Lewis and thanking him for his contribution to the team - seriously? Bit@h move there coach. Way to show everyone how to "impose their will"!
Ok, not sure why this ended up in Draft War Room when I posted it in Niner Talk? Can a Mod move please?
wrong forum
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
wrong forum

Which is why you would notice, that I posted a reply 4 hours before you did, that it showed up in the wrong forum and I asked a mod to move it.
Share 49ersWebzone