LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: (9/30 - 10/2)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
That last play was inexcusable. Bad, bad turnover by Johnson. He was, as they said, "waving the ball around like a loaf of bread" out there.. that was awful. You've got 3 defenders bearing down on you and you're flailing that ball around like it's nothing?

Come on, Jerrod. You can't do that. His stock is going to continue to take hits if he can't find a way to start securing the ball. Last year, he took much better care of it. This year, he's not doing so well in that regard.

Another thing I'm noticing is that he's staring down his receiver.

He just tied the game bro. BTW It seems like nobody playing defense on either team can tackle

btw OTC what do you think of Blackmon the WR from OK St? he looks like a beast IMO.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
That last play was inexcusable. Bad, bad turnover by Johnson. He was, as they said, "waving the ball around like a loaf of bread" out there.. that was awful. You've got 3 defenders bearing down on you and you're flailing that ball around like it's nothing?

Come on, Jerrod. You can't do that. His stock is going to continue to take hits if he can't find a way to start securing the ball. Last year, he took much better care of it. This year, he's not doing so well in that regard.

He just tied the game bro. BTW It seems like nobody playing defense on either team can tackle

You have to give him credit -- the kid is incredibly resilient. Comes right back, completely unshaken, to get two touchdowns -- one on only four plays. Again, he has all the physical ability in the world. He just needs to protect that ball.

Tackling doesn't seem to be a strong suit, I do agree. But there's been good pressure from at least OKST's defensive line.

* Update on the stat line:

Jerrod Johnson: 40/62 for 409 yards, 5 TD, 4 INT

Kendall Hunter: 22 Rushes for 100 yards, 2 TDs

Edit: And Johnson again is careless with the ball.

And in regards to Blackmon. His stock is skyrocketing. He's only a redshirt sophomore, so he's got a year before anyone should expect him to consider entering the draft, but next year it could be interesting..

Blackmon leads the nation in both yardage and scoring per game. If you add in his totals from this game, his stat for the year is: 34 receptions for 558 yards and 9 TDs through four games.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM ]

You have to give him credit -- the kid is incredibly resilient. Comes right back, completely unshaken, to get two touchdowns -- one on only four plays. Again, he has all the physical ability in the world. He just needs to protect that ball.

Tackling doesn't seem to be a strong suit, I do agree. But there's been good pressure from at least OKST's defensive line.

Jerrod Johnson: 39/60 for 406 yards, 5 TD, 3 INT

Kendall Hunter: 21 Rushes for 93 yards, 2 TDs

He most likely just lost the game for them with the 4th INT. This kid could be a really good NFL QB IMO if he gets the proper coaching and gets developed right, but if not he'd be a mess and probably won't turn out well.
#88 Brandon Bair DT from Oregon, he looks pretty good for a mid round prospect.

Jerrod Johnson: 40/62 for 409 yards, 5 TD, 4 INT

Kendall Hunter: 22 Rushes for 100 yards, 2 TDs

Edit: And Johnson again is careless with the ball.

And in regards to Blackmon. His stock is skyrocketing. He's only a redshirt sophomore, so he's got a year before anyone should expect him to consider entering the draft, but next year it could be interesting..

Blackmon leads the nation in both yardage and scoring per game. If you add in his totals from this game, his stat for the year is: 34 receptions for 558 yards and 9 TDs through four games.

I wouldnt mind looking at CB and pass rush in the first 2 rounds and then take a chance on Johnson- with a vet qb being signed (Pennington, Kerry Collins, Tyler Thigpen (he did well when he started for KC), Bruce gradkowski (if the raiders do not resign him or release his Restricted tag or even trade for jason campbell) and then bring Johnson along slowly beucase he has all the tools- 6-5 240 strong can make a play with his feet, i dont know about his arm tho... but i like him... maybe im being bias but i just like this kid.
[ Edited by al49erfan on Sep 30, 2010 at 9:48 PM ]
So what's everyone's thoughts so far. I haven't watched very much today because of the baseball game but I'd love to know how Clemson's players looked (McDaniel and the OLB I think).
I like what I see from Broyles. He would make a nice slot receiver and KR/PR. Likely won't enter until next year, but still a guy to keep your eyes on.

Other observations:

- S Quinton Carter doesn't know how to tackle. He lowered his head and just stuck his neck into a players chest. He didn't dip his shoulder, get low, nor drive the player. You're suppose to "see what you tackle" -- and he just had a big screw-up right there, just letting the receiver run into him and then roll off for 10-15 more yards. Luckily, this is coachable.

- RB Murray, the best senior back in the nation, is strutting his stuff out there this afternoon. Stellar outing.

- Texas DE/OLB prospect Sam Acho is having a nice game, getting good pressure on the QB. At the same time, you can tell that defending the run is not his strongest area. Often takes bad angles, but can make some plays every now and then. But again, needs coaching there.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 2, 2010 at 3:39 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Adam Weber, Gophers starting QB, reminds me so much of Alex Smith of current.
How is Jim Harbaugh looking?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Locker continues to miss wide open recievers. He missed an easy touch down in the redzone.

Originally posted by ads_2006:

7-3 and just ran out of the Pistol formation
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

7-3 and just ran out of the Pistol formation

If i owned the 49ers, I'd tamper right now
Originally posted by mayo49:
Locker continues to miss wide open recievers. He missed an easy touch down in the redzone.

Alex Smith Jr.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Alex Smith Jr.

Locker isn't getting much help from his receivers. But I wouldn't be nervous drafting him.

Another drop by a receiver.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Alex Smith Jr.

Locker isn't getting much help from his receivers. But I wouldn't be nervous drafting him.

Another drop by a receiver.

Yea he is not that bad but he needs to work on his pocket passing and I would not want to take him at the top of the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone