There are 140 users in the forums

Analysis: 49ers' Positions of Need in 2011 and Prospects to Fill Them

Nate Irving - he has played MLB and OLB at NC State and plays with a lot of intensity...would be good replacement for Parys...check him out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56vB3Y6Udc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgKKqUcWhU&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMO_dMLopkY
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I have my eyes on Colin Kaepernick as a guy I'd like this team to draft. Efficient, and protects the ball (only one interception this year). Also, if he has to run for his life, he can, with the 4.5 speed he possesses.

Kaepernick is a clear team leader for Nevada, he's got a fine arm, obviously great mobility, and overall all the physical tools to be a good QB in the NFL. His competition level hurts him slightly, but that's about it.

On the year, CK has completed 69% of his passes for 924 yards with 7 TDs and 1 INT, while adding 451 rushing yards for 8 TDs, in four games. CK, with continued success could rise all the way into the first round, especially with a strong combine -- that would almost guarantee it. But there's a chance he could land in the 2nd-3rd round area if he's just OK in the off-season workouts/all-star games.

I don't claim to be a NFL Draft expert but there's no way in hell I'd draft Kapernick. He's lanky, skinny, and an injury waiting to happen. He plays against sh!t opponents and only this year is finally starting to put it together. He's more of a runner than a passer as well, and we all know how those guys turn out in the NFL.

I have to disagree. Kaepernick is a 6-5 220 pound kid. That's really not lanky, and he doesn't look lanky to me on screen. Lean maybe, but not lanky in the Todd Pinkston sense. Kaeper has a big-time arm and obviously great feet. Don't knock him just because he uses his 4.5 speed to his advantage. That's a tremendous asset to his team and it makes him an even more dangerous player to play against -- that speed in itself makes the entire offense more dangerous because it's something defenses have to respect.

If you're look for pure pocket passers this year, you're not going to find many. At least not any that we should be comfortable drafting. Almost every QB in this class has something I'm weary of, even Luck. And in regards to Luck, I wouldn't expect us to have a shot at him.

Another player I think quite highly of who should come out in a year or so is Robert Griffin of Baylor. Hugely talented kid who shines every-time he's on the field.

Every time I see him play he looks like too thin. I don't believe any ht/wt/40 time numbers til the combine, but I don't doubt he's fast. Regardless, I don't think he's a pro QB coming from that pistol offense @ Nevada. More of a project than anything. Who knows though, just my opinion.

But yeah the Baylor guy looks the part. I haven't really seen much of him other than highlights from a few games here and there though. That across the body throw he made was nice this past weekend.

All in all, we obviously need a QB, and whoever we grab, I hope they do their homework and take the right guy. I have my reasons for favoring certain players over others, but in the end, I'll be happy if we just get a quarterback that can win.

I "support" Alex only because he's our QB and I want us to win right now. I support my team, and he just happens to be a part of it, but this past game bothered me. Alex wasn't horrendous, but he just wasn't good. And that's the thing, he has too many performances like that. Last year, he had more good than bad. Not so this year.

Honestly, I can't help but think the kid probably would've had a better chance at success elsewhere. But regardless, it's time to move on. I don't think anyone on offense trusts each other. Receivers don't trust the QB and vice versa.

He's got the build of Flacco and the speed of Vick...in a WCO style offense, that's a winning combination.

Are you talking about Colin Kaepernick?

I really just wanted to use a bi-racial comparison...
Share 49ersWebzone