There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB's Updated Big Board for september 19th

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford- Clearly to me, becoming the best QB in this class, Locker has struggled.

Last Month: 2nd

2. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia- Despite 4-game suspension, he is the best WR in the class, and maybe best overall athlete in the draft class.

Last Month: 3rd

3. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin- Still best Tackle in this draft class.

Last Month: 4th

4. Robert Quinn, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB, North Carolina- Despite being out due to
investigation, his freakish talent has him at 4th.

Last Month: 5th

5. Jake Locker, QB, Washington- He played terribly at home vs. Nebraska. He couldn't find any consitency. Thus he moves down 4 spots.

Last Month: 1st

6. Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas- Slowly moving up the boards, might be the 2nd best QB by draft time rolls around.

Last Month: 6th

7. Marcel Dareus, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, Alabama- Still even thru the investigation, he is clearly the best 3-4 DE in this class, and a freakish athlete.

Last Month: 7th

8. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama- Finally returned, and looked like the heismann winner. Has great runs of over 40 yards in the 1st half. Clear cut top back and a top 10 pick.

Last Month: 10th

9. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama- Our 2nd best WR in the class, and a great talent, made a great one handed catch a week ago, and will be the 2nd WR taken off the board.

Last Month: 9th

10. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State- 4th best QB in a talented and deep QB class. Has the mobility and great instincts.

Last Month: 11th

11. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska- Will continue to rise as draft aproaches. And a freakish athlete with great cornerback skills, but does bite and goes for the pick a bit too much.

Last Month: 13th

12. Marvin Austin, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, North Carolina- Due to investigation he falls and may continue his falling.

Last Month: 8th

13. Cameron Heyward, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, Ohio State- definate top 15 pick, and has had a great 2010 so far, thus moving him up the boards.

Last Month: 18th

14. Adrian Clayborn, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB, Iowa- Freak athlete, has a great motor and is always in on the play, top 15 pick.

Last Month: 19th

15. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia- Love him, gonna be a great Corner in the NFL.

Last Month: 14th

16. Rahim Moore, S, UCLA- Only falls due to so many players having great 2010 seasons, and at S he likely won't be picked as high as Eric Berry was.

Last Month: 12th

17. Ryan Kerrigan, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB, Purdue- Probably our highest riser, he has showed in the 2010 season, that he is a pass rusher, and is suited In my opinion in a 3-4 Defense at OLB.

Last Month: 34th

18. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh- Great hands, and makes the tough catches, top 20 pick.

Last Month: 16th

19. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU- Has had a tremendous 2010 so far, high riser and will only rise further up.

Last Month: 27th

20. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College- It is amazing how last year so many OT's were taken in round 1, but in this class, I only see a few round 1 talents, and Castonzo is one of them.

Last Month: 22nd

21. Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech- Mainly cause of his teams play in 2010, they lost to James Madison and Boise State. But still a dynamic runner, and a 1st-round talent.

Last Month: 17th

22. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame- Riser, awesome ball instincts, gets the big plays when needed.

Last Month: 33rd

23. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame- May have fallen a bit, but not to worry, TE's don't usually go high. Unless your Vernon Davis and run a freakish 40 time at the combine.

Last Month: 15th

24. Jerell Powe, NT, Ole Miss.- Fast riser, will be a 1st rounder, has the weight and frame to be a destructive force inside at NT.

Last Month: 37th

25. Allen Bailey- 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, Miami(Fla.)- Clear cut, he is a pass rusher, and a great one, will only rise as draft rolls around.

Last Month: 28th

26. DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson- Riser, I love McDaniel, has all the tools to be a great Safety.

Last Month: 23rd

27. Jared Crick, 3-4 DE/4-3 DT, Nebraska- Even if he isn't the best, he still is a force In my opinion. And is a 1st rounder.

Last Month: 30th

28. Terrance Tolliver, WR, LSU- Good WR, with good hands and ball instincts.

Last Month: 29th

29. Mike Pouncey, C, Florida- Has had a rocky start to the season, and thus is falling down the boards. Might be best suited at Guard.

Last Month: 20th

30. Pat Devlin, QB, Delaware- My sleeper, could eventually be the next Joe Flacco.

Last Month: 31st

31. Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA- Clear cut, he is a beast of a pass rusher, and a 1st round talent.

Last Month: 36th

32. Stefan Wisniewski, C, Penn State- Gonna be the best Center to me come draft 2011.

Last Month: 32nd

33. Greg Romeus, 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB, Pittsburgh- Falls, due to his size and lack of productive season.

Last Month: 25th

34. Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina- Suspended, and that hurts his stock, when Moore and McDaniel look better.

Last Month: 24th

35. Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina- Stays put here, but could rise, I like Carter, but he needs to improve and keep clean.

Last Month: 35th

36. Stephen Paea, 4-3 DT, Oregon State- Moves up, because he is a force in the middle for Oregon State. A definate early 2nd rounder, and maybe a late 1st by april 2011.

Last Month: 38th

37. Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida- Clearly a top 5 corner in the nation to me. And would be a steal in the 2nd round.

Last Month: 45th

38. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas- Fast riser. Clearly a great cornerback, and he isn't alone in the Texas backfield, with fellow CB Curtis Brown.

Last Month: 46th

39. Don'Ta Hightower, ILB, Alabama- Only falls, because of so many rising players, likely to rise up by draft time, as he is to me, the best ILB in the draft class.

Last Month: 21st

40. Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU- Falls again due to so many high risers, plus not sure he is meant for Tackle or Guard at the next level.

Last Month: 26th

[ Edited by AB83Rules on Sep 22, 2010 at 20:14:25 ]
I totally agree with you on Pat Devlin, would most definitely be happy to steal him from the end of the 1st round (or maybe even snag him in the middle of the 2nd). Delaware QBs are practically NFL royalty these days.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I totally agree with you on Pat Devlin, would most definitely be happy to steal him from the end of the 1st round (or maybe even snag him in the middle of the 2nd). Delaware QBs are practically NFL royalty these days.

Name one besides Flacco?
What about MikeyMo from Cal?
I watched A.Clayborn very closely last night and came away totally disappointed.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I watched A.Clayborn very closely last night and came away totally disappointed.

similiar to Greg Romeus disappointment.
Originally posted by AC49er:

You think he's a top 35 talent?
I love that you have Kerrigan at 17. Anyone who doesn't know him, should watch a Purdue game. You'll like him. He's always going hard and seems to always be in on the play.
Originally posted by AC49er:

They sure could have used him on Friday night. They could have used anybody who could actually tackle someone.

I was watching this game (CAL/NEV) and the homer game announcers were saying how this would have made the difference. To me, it sure looked like they would have needed about 4 or 5 of him, because Colin K carved them up.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I love that you have Kerrigan at 17. Anyone who doesn't know him, should watch a Purdue game. You'll like him. He's always going hard and seems to always be in on the play.

Yeah, solid pass rusher, probably gonna be great at the next level.

I would not be mad if we drafted him to play OLB in the 3-4. This is of course if all goes well rest of the way.

I honestly would re-sign Manny and draft Kerrigan, have them with Brooks and maybe LaBoy for 2011, cut Haralson, and have Bowman and maybe Briggs/Brooks behind Willis and Spikes, and we have upgraded our pass rush tremendously.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Ayers from UCLA

hmmm...who called Luck over Locker?

Edit: And no Paea in the top 35? Sorry man, but thats kind of ridiculous. Have you seen him play?

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:14:03 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Name one besides Flacco?

Rich Gannon.

But good job on the board AB, that pretty much sums up the 1st and early 2nd round IMO.

[ Edited by Kolohe on Sep 20, 2010 at 23:33:20 ]

You fellas got it all wrong. I played against Devlin and with him at camps where he was a counselor. He is not an NFL player. Very average at everything. One of the counselors at a qb camp I went to was a Cornell backup qb who was a lot sharper than Devlin was. I have seen him up close and from my angle, he's not 1st day talent
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Yeah, solid pass rusher, probably gonna be great at the next level.

I would not be mad if we drafted him to play OLB in the 3-4. This is of course if all goes well rest of the way.

I honestly would re-sign Manny and draft Kerrigan, have them with Brooks and maybe LaBoy for 2011, cut Haralson, and have Bowman and maybe Briggs/Brooks behind Willis and Spikes, and we have upgraded our pass rush tremendously.

I definitely would love that scenario. Kerrigan would excel in Manusky's D and more I see of Haralson this year, the more I despise him. He has become a liability against the run and he doesn't even get to the QB much anymore. Kerrigan would improve that, and help create turnovers.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home