LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Quarterback Watch

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Luck has said he wants to stay for his senior season. It looks like Locker is the ideal pick.

p.s. Ryan Mallett looks beast.

If Luck stays, Ryan Mallet has to be the one, but again I think he'll be a top 10-15 pick.

Well then Mike Holmgren or Jim Harbaugh will have to make the ballsy move and trade up to get him.
Originally posted by MILFS:
i'm sick of developing quarterbacks. lets sign a good one in the FA or trade for one.

Cosigned, I don't want to wait around on another rookie. Lets get a legit guy in here please.
IMO Luck will be better than Locker in the NFL
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
i'm sick of developing quarterbacks. lets sign a good one in the FA or trade for one.

Cosigned, I don't want to wait around on another rookie. Lets get a legit guy in here please.

Whose available Matt Leinart.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I'm gonna agree with you there. Luck has the poise to make it in the NFL, he'll stay in the pocket and keep his cool till the last second, unlike Locker who makes one or two reads than hes off running.

I'm gonna agree with you there. Luck has the poise to make it in the NFL, he'll stay in the pocket and keep his cool till the last second, unlike Locker who makes one or two reads than hes off running.

Yep, Luck is a really smart QB and you can tell Harbaugh has done an amazing job coaching this kid. Luck does so many "small" things extremely good and things like his footwork are just perfect. Not to mention he has a great accurate arm, Locker's arm is stronger but Luck is more accurate with a better touch. And Luck is way ahead of Locker in reading plays and going through progressions.

Hell I'd take Harbaugh along with Luck too

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 12, 2010 at 22:40:35 ]
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Whose available Matt Leinart.

I have no idea. Vick maybe? Orton or Garrard? I'm still going to give Smith the next few days to get this s**t going but if he doesn't then I'm done. He's gotta play better. Maybe Troy Smith can be the savior? I honestly have no friggin idea. This whole situation just sucks though. Not to mention the fact I think we desperately need to pick a corner in the first.

Yep, Luck is a really smart QB and you can tell Harbaugh has done an amazing job coaching this kid. Luck does so many "small" things extremely good and things like his footwork are just perfect. Not to mention he has a great accurate arm, Locker's arm is stronger but Luck is more accurate with a better touch. And Luck is way ahead of Locker in reading plays and going through progressions.

Harbaugh and Luck? Move a little, I'm jumping on this bandwagon too.
andrew luck has prototype size at 6-4 235, nfl genes (dad was nfl qb) experience in pro style offense, dropping back from center, and is a top notch athlete (he didnt throw well vs ucla but ran the ball with agility you dont see from many his size, and he can make all the throws an nfl qb has to....if niners have to draft a qbotf, hed be the guy to go for

[ Edited by hofer36 on Sep 13, 2010 at 00:14:32 ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Luck has said he wants to stay for his senior season. It looks like Locker is the ideal pick.

If Luck stays, Ryan Mallet has to be the one, but again I think he'll be a top 10-15 pick.

Well then Mike Holmgren or Jim Harbaugh will have to make the ballsy move and trade up to get him.

I'm on the Mallet bandwagon and think he might even pass Locker/Luck by season's end as the top QB prospect.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I'm on the Mallet bandwagon and think he might even pass Locker/Luck by season's end as the top QB prospect.

see if his accuracy holds up once he starts playing SEC defenses
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Mallet>Luck>Locker>>>Ponder
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Shoot I'd take Luck and Harbaugh too. One things for sure, Harbaugh knows how to call plays and make adjustments, unllike some OC's we know of.

Shoot I'd take Luck and Harbaugh too. One things for sure, Harbaugh knows how to call plays and make adjustments, unllike some OC's we know of.

Mind if I hop on that train too? Sounds like the ideal situation. We get an offensive mind and a qb that already knows the system. Could be just the ticket.
I like Andrew Luck a lot. He is outstanding.
Share 49ersWebzone