There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Green suspended 4 games?!?!?!?!

I hate the NCAA. Not that I care about Green, but they are so corrupt.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If that person was an "agent" (another thing that is going to come under scrutiny), I can understand the disciplinary action in itself. But let me ask this -- what the frick does that action do to cause any legitimate problem whatsoever?

This absolutely does NOT qualify as any sort of a bribe.

The second question is this: Other players who DID receive "improper benefits" nearly DOUBLING the amount A.J. got, which he donated back, got a slap on the wrist and 2-game suspensions. NCAA, DOES THIS SEEM LIKE LEVEL ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES TO YOU?

No. No it's not. It's despicable, and the administration is a total joke and disgustingly proving themselves worthy of such characterization.

I'm sorry, NCAA, but if you're going to enforce these so-called policies of yours, you can't just willy-nilly hand out whatever you please without any sort of structure in place to handle and determine the severity of any sort of "infractions" that occur.

Yea that's what I don't understand The article details how the guy from Alabama is only getting 2 games for taking improper benefits valued at a 1,000's more than Green.
Originally posted by lamontb:
If that person was an "agent" (another thing that is going to come under scrutiny), I can understand the disciplinary action in itself. But let me ask this -- what the frick does that action do to cause any legitimate problem whatsoever?

The second question is this: Other players who DID receive "improper benefits" nearly DOUBLING the amount A.J. got, which he donated back, got a slap on the wrist and 2-game suspensions. NCAA, DOES THIS SEEM LIKE LEVEL ENFORCEMENT OF THE RULES TO YOU?

No. No it's not. It's despicable, and the administration is a total joke and disgustingly proving themselves worthy of such characterization.

I'm sorry, NCAA, but if you're going to enforce these so-called policies of yours, you can't just willy-nilly hand out whatever you please without any sort of structure in place to handle and determine the severity of any sort of "infractions" that occur.

Yea that's what I don't understand The article details how the guy from Alabama is only getting 2 games for taking improper benefits valued at a 1,000's more than Green.

This leads me to believe they are "making an example" of the more high-profile individuals such as Green, which is complete bullcrap. It shows a blatant agenda and completely disrupts any sense of equality, which obviously the NCAA has no concern whatsoever for, based on this report.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 9, 2010 at 10:48:38 ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

This leads me to believe they are "making an example" of the more high-profile individuals such as Green, which is complete bullcrap. It shows a blatant agenda and completely disrupts any sense of equality, which obviously the NCAA has no concern whatsoever for, based on this report.

True, and it's about the almighty dollar. I think they are sending a message that you won't be selling NCAA merchandise without the NCAA getting a cut of that money. I mean they selling his jersey in the team store as we speak. They don't want players thinking they can make some side money by selling merchandise b/c the NCAA wants it to be clearly known that they should get all of the money.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home