There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB's Early Risers and Fallers

So, I have been thinking about who could see there stock rise and fall between now and end of 2010 season.

Based of the current big board, which can be found here ,

The obvious choices for Fallers are as;

- 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB Robert Quinn of North Carolina- In our mock draft we had him slotted 10th, but ranked 5th overall on the big board. So the question is, because of NCAA inverstiagation, will Quinn fall. I personally think it is a very likely possibility.

current position: 5th Overall

- 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Marvin Austin of North Carolina- Another Tar Heel that looks like his stock will plumit come draft time. Even though he has the ability to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, his troubles with the NCAA and possibility of not playing in 2010 could hamper any thoughts of a top 10 pick come april.

current position: 8th Overall

- WR A.J. Green of Georgia- Once again, being investigated by the NCAA, is he really gonna fall. Well I don't think so, his talent is too good to pass up. He has all the tools to be a great WR at the next level, and if St. Louis is there at the top then my projection is AJ to STL in 2011.

current position: 3rd Overall

- 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Marcell Dareus of Alabama- Another player being investigated. And suspended for the 1st 2 games of the 2010 season. So will he see his stock drop, I don't think so. He is a freakish athlete, and has the tools to be a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT, so I still see him as a top 10 pick.

current position: 7th Overall

- C Mike Pouncey of Florida- After thinking about him, I originally thought top 20 pick, but know I'm not so sure. He struggled in the opener against Miami(Ohio). And with bad snaps after bad snaps, is he truly a top notch Center, well thats a debate that will continue for weeks and months leading to the 2011 draft.

current position: 20th Overall

- S Deunta Williams of North Carolina- Now why Deunta, and he is ranked 24th, well, he is being investigated by NCAA and UNC. So that is against him. But if he does indeed be suspended, he will likely move down the draft boards fast. Which is sad for our 3rd rated Safety.

current position: 24th Overall

Dishonorable Mention: South Carolina TE Weslye Saunders(44th Overall), Ohio State 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Cameron Heyward(18th), Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel(23rd) and Alabama RB Mark Ingram(10th)

Now our Risers;

- CB Patrick Peterson of LSU- Had a terrific game against UNC, great return man and good cornerback. currently ranked 27th, and will in my opinion be a top 15 pick and maybe the 1st corner taken in 2011.

current position: 27th Overall

- CB Prince Amukamara of Nebraska- Our top rated Corner. Now why would he rise as the 13th overall prospect? Well cause of the potential falls of top prospects above him, and his freakish abilities. Thats why I think he becomes a top 10 to maybe top 5 pick in 2011.

current position: 13th Overall

- 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB Greg Romeus of Pittsburgh- Freak, and a great pass rusher. He is a force, and should rise from the draft boards and be a top 15-20 pick.

current position: 25th Overall

- 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Allen Bailey of Miami(Fla.)- Another great talent, has a great motor, and good pass rusher. Can be a DE or DT, and will rise the boards and be a sure fire 1st rd pick in my opinion.

current position: 28th Overall

- WR Michael Floyd of Notre Dame- After showing a good game home against Purdue. He should become a 1st round pick. And maybe challenge Julio Jones and Jonathan Baldwin for 2nd WR taken.

current position: 33rd Overall

- 4-3 DT Stephan Paea of Oregon State- Clearly I have understimated his talent, looks like a sure fire 1st-round pick, and a top 25 at that. Has a great nack for getting to the QB.

current position: 38th Overall

- CB Janoris Jenkins of Florida- Unlike Pouncey, this Florida prospect had a good game against Miami(Ohio), with a 70-yard INT for TD. And at 45th overall, should rise the boards and be a 1st rd pick.

current position: 45th Overall

Honorable Mention: LSU ILB Kelvin Sheppard(50th Overall), Florida S's Will Hill(47th) and Ahmad Black(48th) and Michigan State ILB Greg Jones(49th)
Dang, just when UNC is starting to look good it all goes up in smoke. They have what 3-5 players that could go in the first and now they are under the microscope. That being said I'm not totally sure this drops them as much as it should. There are always a few teams that will overlook that kind of stuff and take the risk. Then again Bryant fell further then I thought last year. It definitely hurts them in a way though because I am sure there are NFL teams out there that cross players off their board for stuff like that.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Dang, just when UNC is starting to look good it all goes up in smoke. They have what 3-5 players that could go in the first and now they are under the microscope. That being said I'm not totally sure this drops them as much as it should. There are always a few teams that will overlook that kind of stuff and take the risk. Then again Bryant fell further then I thought last year. It definitely hurts them in a way though because I am sure there are NFL teams out there that cross players off their board for stuff like that.

true, not saying all will fall, just something to note for the future, this all depends on there 2010 season, if Austin and Quinn are suspended for the season, then im sure they fall somewhat.
I was not as impressed with Paea as I thought I would be. He did get penetration but for some reason it was not that disruptive. He eats up blockers though.

Interesting he was benched to start the second half, not sure why. He came back in after a few plays.
greg romeus was just horrible the 1st game.
should of mentioned, these are potential and not week 1 risers and fallers.

Just a list of guys i think might rise and fall by end of season.
Really like what Peterson did this weekend.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
greg romeus was just horrible the 1st game.

I thought so too. I would say after 1 week, he is a faller.

Baldwin on the other hand, is definitely a riser. Floyd had 82 yrds receiving, Baldwin had 71 yrds plus a TD against much tougher competition on the road. I think all of Baldwins catches came int he 4th, when Pitt's idiot coach finally decided to dial his number.

@4:45, check out Baldwin's double move. Then watch his juke as if he was going inside, then breaks outside for the 2pt

Edit: Oh yeah, Baldwin was up against Brandon Burton (#27) who is on the Thorpe list. So Baldwin didn't do his moves against some chump.

My ranking of WR's right now (all 1st rounders):
Top 10 talent
AJ Green*
Julio Jones*
Jonathan Baldwin*
Mid 1st Talent
Michael Floyd*
Ronald Johnson, USC
Late 1st Talent
Leonard Hankerson, Miami
Dwayne Harris, ECU
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM ]