So, I have been thinking about who could see there stock rise and fall between now and end of 2010 season.
Based of the current big board, which can be found here ,
The obvious choices for Fallers are as;
- 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB Robert Quinn of North Carolina- In our mock draft we had him slotted 10th, but ranked 5th overall on the big board. So the question is, because of NCAA inverstiagation, will Quinn fall. I personally think it is a very likely possibility.
current position: 5th Overall
- 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Marvin Austin of North Carolina- Another Tar Heel that looks like his stock will plumit come draft time. Even though he has the ability to play in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, his troubles with the NCAA and possibility of not playing in 2010 could hamper any thoughts of a top 10 pick come april.
current position: 8th Overall
- WR A.J. Green of Georgia- Once again, being investigated by the NCAA, is he really gonna fall. Well I don't think so, his talent is too good to pass up. He has all the tools to be a great WR at the next level, and if St. Louis is there at the top then my projection is AJ to STL in 2011.
current position: 3rd Overall
- 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Marcell Dareus of Alabama- Another player being investigated. And suspended for the 1st 2 games of the 2010 season. So will he see his stock drop, I don't think so. He is a freakish athlete, and has the tools to be a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT, so I still see him as a top 10 pick.
current position: 7th Overall
- C Mike Pouncey of Florida- After thinking about him, I originally thought top 20 pick, but know I'm not so sure. He struggled in the opener against Miami(Ohio). And with bad snaps after bad snaps, is he truly a top notch Center, well thats a debate that will continue for weeks and months leading to the 2011 draft.
current position: 20th Overall
- S Deunta Williams of North Carolina- Now why Deunta, and he is ranked 24th, well, he is being investigated by NCAA and UNC. So that is against him. But if he does indeed be suspended, he will likely move down the draft boards fast. Which is sad for our 3rd rated Safety.
current position: 24th Overall
Dishonorable Mention: South Carolina TE Weslye Saunders(44th Overall), Ohio State 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Cameron Heyward(18th), Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel(23rd) and Alabama RB Mark Ingram(10th)
Now our Risers;
- CB Patrick Peterson of LSU- Had a terrific game against UNC, great return man and good cornerback. currently ranked 27th, and will in my opinion be a top 15 pick and maybe the 1st corner taken in 2011.
current position: 27th Overall
- CB Prince Amukamara of Nebraska- Our top rated Corner. Now why would he rise as the 13th overall prospect? Well cause of the potential falls of top prospects above him, and his freakish abilities. Thats why I think he becomes a top 10 to maybe top 5 pick in 2011.
current position: 13th Overall
- 4-3 DE/ 3-4 OLB Greg Romeus of Pittsburgh- Freak, and a great pass rusher. He is a force, and should rise from the draft boards and be a top 15-20 pick.
current position: 25th Overall
- 3-4 DE/ 4-3 DT Allen Bailey of Miami(Fla.)- Another great talent, has a great motor, and good pass rusher. Can be a DE or DT, and will rise the boards and be a sure fire 1st rd pick in my opinion.
current position: 28th Overall
- WR Michael Floyd of Notre Dame- After showing a good game home against Purdue. He should become a 1st round pick. And maybe challenge Julio Jones and Jonathan Baldwin for 2nd WR taken.
current position: 33rd Overall
- 4-3 DT Stephan Paea of Oregon State- Clearly I have understimated his talent, looks like a sure fire 1st-round pick, and a top 25 at that. Has a great nack for getting to the QB.
current position: 38th Overall
- CB Janoris Jenkins of Florida- Unlike Pouncey, this Florida prospect had a good game against Miami(Ohio), with a 70-yard INT for TD. And at 45th overall, should rise the boards and be a 1st rd pick.
current position: 45th Overall
Honorable Mention: LSU ILB Kelvin Sheppard(50th Overall), Florida S's Will Hill(47th) and Ahmad Black(48th) and Michigan State ILB Greg Jones(49th)