There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Prospect Watch: (9/2 - 9/6)

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Patrick Peterson would look good in red and gold.

He would, but I don't see any chance he makes it to us if he keeps playing the way he's playing.

When you've got a dual threat like that, strong cover man with terrific return ability, you're pretty much a lock to go in the top 10 or close to it, especially with an incredible size and speed combination like Peterson has.

The kid is 6-1 210 and could clock in the high 4.3's ...

If Peterson excels this year, he could go top 5. Our best bet might be Prince Amukamura. He may not be as fast, or have the versatility to return kicks, but he's a terrific, physical, cover corner. (Yesterday, his opponent had only 120 yds. passing total, 0 TDs, 1 INT).

That would be the reasonable target, but even he may go too high with a strong combine. We've got a long, long way to go, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Great job as usual OTC! At least we do know that Baalke & Singletary are not afraid to trade up if they see a guy they really want.
Looking at Markus White of FSU next week.
Folks, don't forget tonight's PrimeTime game on ESPN at 8 EST. Boise State squaring off against Virginia Tech. Aside from that reminder, here are quick takes from this weekend's action.

Some top performers:

* DE/OLB Akeem Ayers -- 11 tackles, 1 sack, 2 FR

* DE/OLB Ryan Kerrigan -- 1 sack, 1 FF, 2.5 TFL (including a safety)

* RB Kendall Hunter -- 257 yards and 4 TDs on 21 carries. Outstanding running back, injuries just held him back last year.

* QB Andrew Luck -- 16/23 for 316 yards and 4 TDs. However, it should be noted this was against Sacramento State.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 6, 2010 at 11:09 AM ]
TD for Pettis. It looks at this point like BSU is going to completely roll over Virginia Tech. VT cannot even move the ball.
Turned into a very good game now. Tyrod Taylor just made one hell of a run for a first down.
Boy

I;d love to see Luck in a 49ers uniform
Originally posted by tohara3:
Turned into a very good game now. Tyrod Taylor just made one hell of a run for a first down.

You're right, it did. Came down all the way to one play late in the 4th quarter. I tell you what, if Kellen Moore were a couple inches taller, he'd be getting a lot more talk as a future draft pick.

He's only a junior, but you have to love his calmness and composure under pressure. He floated some beautiful passes today. As a sophomore he passed for 3500+ yards with 39 TDs and only 3 INTs. That's a 13:1 TD-INT ratio. With numbers like that and the abilities Moore has, I have to wonder what's in store for him for the future. He doesn't have the rocket arm, or great size, but his sensational efficiency and accuracy are so invaluable, you have to believe he'll have a shot in the NFL.

Again, it's highly unlikely Moore attempts to enter the draft this year, but he's a guy to not overlook for 2012.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Boy

Me too, but we'd have to trade up mighty high to get him. He might end up in Seattle, Arizona or Cleveland next year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Boy

Me too, but we'd have to trade up mighty high to get him. He might end up in Seattle, Arizona or Cleveland next year.

Probably Buffalo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Boy

Probably Buffalo.

Your right, forgot about Buffalo. But the only way I think Luck comes out is if hes a lock to either be a #1 overall pick or a surefire top 10 pick. He'd have to really think about declaring with a draft that could possibly have Ryan Mallet too, with an already hyped up Jake Locker.
Boy

Probably Buffalo.

If he has to go to someone else, that would be the preferred location. I actually kind of like the Bills, and him becoming successful there wouldn't hurt us. Buffalo needs to get itself some receivers, OL, and tight ends though. Evans is not going to carry that team.
Boy

Probably Buffalo.

Your right, forgot about Buffalo. But the only way I think Luck comes out is if hes a lock to either be a #1 overall pick or a surefire top 10 pick. He'd have to really think about declaring with a draft that could possibly have Ryan Mallet too, with an already hyped up Jake Locker.

Yea if Luck declares, there's a possibility of seeing three QBs taken in the top 10 if the Bills, Chiefs, Arizona and Seattle do bad.
Boy

Probably Buffalo.

Yea if Luck declares, there's a possibility of seeing three QBs taken in the top 10 if the Bills, Chiefs, Arizona and Seattle do bad.

I wouldn't count out the Jaguars either. There are a lot of teams needing quarterbacks right now. If we could make a list:

Cleveland
Buffalo
Jacksonville
Oakland
Arizona
Seattle
Kansas City

Not to mention teams looking for at least a backup to their star starter.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Boy

Probably Buffalo.

I wouldn't count out the Jaguars either. There are a lot of teams needing quarterbacks right now. If we could make a list:

Cleveland
Buffalo
Jacksonville
Oakland
Arizona
Seattle
Kansas City

Not to mention teams looking for at least a backup to their star starter.

Absolutely. I truly hope Alex has a good season. It would suck if Alex disappoints and we miss out on those three QBs.