There are 175 users in the forums

AB's & jreff22's Initial 2011 Dual Mock Draft

Deandre McDaniel from Clemson is pretty much a lock as a first rounder. I think it will be between him and Moore for first safety off the board. On a side note, McDaniel is the reason Ponder didn't come out last season:

Smile, Christian...
i just hope the cb we take doesnt turn out to be f**king mike rumph but then again i have faith in baalke and the scouting staff and were not dealing with donahue
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i just hope the cb we take doesnt turn out to be f**king mike rumph but then again i have faith in baalke and the scouting staff and were not dealing with donahue

I agree with you... Mike rumph was so sux and worst the pick!.. I think, Baalke is very good to draft... Hope we keep best to draft!
4 QBs in the top 7? That will never happen.
[ Edited by BSacamano on Aug 30, 2010 at 3:04 PM ]
It's awfully early and very hard to tell how this will work out. I did pick out though that the Pouncey's both would be playing for the Steelers. That's kind of interesting.
TEN- C/OG Mike Pouncey, Florida

Wasn't he taken by the Steelers this year? Or did I miss something...
Originally posted by j3xperience:

that would be Maurkice his twin
Prince Amukamara will be a top ten pick if he plays like he did last year. Nebraska is going to get a lot of press this year.

I know it will be unpopular, but I see us drafting Mike Pouncey in the first. We would have the makings of one of the best o-lines in the league.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Prince Amukamara will be a top ten pick if he plays like he did last year. Nebraska is going to get a lot of press this year.

I know it will be unpopular, but I see us drafting Mike Pouncey in the first. We would have the makings of one of the best o-lines in the league.

I have no issue with that pick....but we need to draft a CB in the first two rounds.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49er4life:

I have no issue with that pick....but we need to draft a CB in the first two rounds.

No doubt, McCloughan almost completely ignored CB in the draft....although Reggie Smith was drafted with the possibility of playing corner, Tarell Brown was his highest CB pick otherwise in round 5. We've been holding it together barely mostly through FA, but it's probably not possible anymore because we have to start paying up to keep our talent at other positions.
[ Edited by znk916 on Sep 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM ]

I'd love Amukamara, but I don't see him falling to us.
Is the point in doing these so early to track the changes that occur as the college season and then post-season moves along?
Originally posted by j3xperience:

Sorry, my fault. Somehow I misread and had the other Pouncey twin going to the Steelers when in fact it was to Tenn.

As for me, it's all about a speedy coverage corner next year. I just am not sold on
Terrell Brown, and don't think Reggie Smith's future is at CB. We can have a solid front 7, but if our corners aren't good we will be a great run stopping team, but give up to much passing yards. Sounds like where we are right now.

I think we also need to start to look for a 3/4 DE to sit behind Justin Smith for a year or two. I think I'm okay with our Safeties, as long as May pans out.

We may have our TED in Bowman to replace Spikes, so CB, DE, OLB are my thoughts on defense.

On offense, a stud # 2 receiver.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Is the point in doing these so early to track the changes that occur as the college season and then post-season moves along?

One of the reasons, yes. At this point it was just for fun, doubtful we get more then 2 right at this point. But tracking where guys go, how their stock moves, and how the draft order begins to take shape with team needs is part of the fun. It really doesn't make sense to start getting serious with mocks until week 8 or so of the season and that could be considered early as well. AB and I will do some here and there as the season progresses. The guys to really watch are MadDog and OTC, they are some of the best on here for locating, scouting, and placing talent from rounds 1-7.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

One of the reasons, yes. At this point it was just for fun, doubtful we get more then 2 right at this point. But tracking where guys go, how their stock moves, and how the draft order begins to take shape with team needs is part of the fun. It really doesn't make sense to start getting serious with mocks until week 8 or so of the season and that could be considered early as well. AB and I will do some here and there as the season progresses. The guys to really watch are MadDog and OTC, they are some of the best on here for locating, scouting, and placing talent from rounds 1-7.

yep, it is early, I agree, but it was for fun, and to pass time. But i agree with Justin on MadDog and OTC, they are without a doubt the best Draft Nuts on here. I would like to think ive learned some from them.
Share 49ersWebzone