There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL.com | 2011 Top College Prospects

Originally posted by aman49:
Roy Helu and Ryan Whalen on their respective position lists... Danville, CA represent!

rich spoiled kids really need your support
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by aman49:
Roy Helu and Ryan Whalen on their respective position lists... Danville, CA represent!

rich spoiled kids really need your support

Hey, Whalen especially had to overcome the adversity that comes with being a WR but being white!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd like to draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds even if Smith puts up good numbers next year. If he doesn't workout next year, would love to take one in the 1st-3rd rounds. But the way its looking, NT and DE will be high priorities in next years draft. CB might be high on our list too, but I'd rather spend some money and get one in free agency.
JAKE LOCKER
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by spizzy:
JAKE LOCKER

I could careless what a QB's 40 time is. I'd rather have a QB who has the mechanics of Tom Brady and the football IQ of Peyton Manning with the arm like Carson Palmers.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
JAKE LOCKER

I could careless what a QB's 40 time is. I'd rather have a QB who has the mechanics of Tom Brady and the football IQ of Peyton Manning with the arm like Carson Palmers.

Arm? ARM??????????????? Have you seen this guys arm? He's got great mechanics with quick release as well
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
JAKE LOCKER

Arm? ARM??????????????? Have you seen this guys arm? He's got great mechanics with quick release as well

No no no, I'm not saying anything about Locker, all I'm saying is I could careless what a QB's 40 time is. But since we're on the subject, although Locker is considered by most a top 5 QB in college, I'm not all that high on him as most are. And I think I've admitted that many times. I still have Ryan Mallet over Locker.
JAKE LOCKER

No no no, I'm not saying anything about Locker, all I'm saying is I could careless what a QB's 40 time is. But since we're on the subject, although Locker is considered by most a top 5 QB in college, I'm not all that high on him as most are. And I think I've admitted that many times. I still have Ryan Mallet over Locker.

He does get hyped but I have been a huge husky fan all my life and have watched each and every play of his career. He is the real deal. He's not terribly accurate but he is getting better at it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
JAKE LOCKER

He does get hyped but I have been a huge husky fan all my life and have watched each and every play of his career. He is the real deal. He's not terribly accurate but he is getting better at it.

What happen when he played Arizona St., Stanford and Oregon?? Certainly did not live up to the hype in those games. OK OK, I had money on Washington during those games, but was mainly watching his play. Next year I think the PAC-10 will be between Andrew Luck and Jake Locker, USC is done.
JAKE LOCKER

What happen when he played Arizona St., Stanford and Oregon?? Certainly did not live up to the hype in those games. OK OK, I had money on Washington during those games, but was mainly watching his play. Next year I think the PAC-10 will be between Andrew Luck and Jake Locker, USC is done.

Can't blame Locker for the ASU game, no QB really had a good game against us.

And his 2nd interception doesn't really count, it was just a last play heave. I thought Locker played pretty good against us.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM ]
So, 4 big name prospects might be sanctioned by NCAA. For being involved at a agents party.

Alabama 3-4 DE Marcel Dareus
South Carolina TE Wesyle Saunders
Georgie WR A.J. Green
North Carolina 3-4 DE/4-3 DT Marvin Austin

All are among my top 5 by position and in my top 32.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
^ Agreed. Our first two picks should be CB/NT.

... Unless we need a franchise QB, then we go that direction. But I honestly don't think we will. I think Alex will accomplish enough this season for the front office to re-up his contract going forward.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont think CB is a need like a lot of people in this forum clements and spencer are both very solid starters

depending if franklin signs or not (lets say he does) i think we need another pass rusher if brooks doesnt work out we need a better OLB otherwise i think we need to replace ray mac as a 3-4 DE

What rock have you been living under? Clements didn't start last year after he was healthy. He'll have to be a pro bowler for the niners to keep him next year. I like Spencer, but I don't see him as a shut down by any stretch of the imagination. I was hoping that they would draft one this year so that he could be on the field and ready to start the 2011 season. I will be very surprised if we don't draft a CB in the first 3 rounds next year, especially with the lack of talent along the defensive line after the top 4 or 5 prospects and lack of skill position players in next year's draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
JAKE LOCKER

Can't blame Locker for the ASU game, no QB really had a good game against us.

And his 2nd interception doesn't really count, it was just a last play heave. I thought Locker played pretty good against us.

I actually thought Locker looked inconsistent in that game, I could be wrong, but he missed a lot of passes in that game from what I remember.

And if I'm not mistaken but didn't Kevin Riley light ASU up??
give me andrew luck and call it a day