There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL.com | 2011 Top College Prospects

QB | RB | WR/TE | DL | LB

WWW.NFL.COM

Personally, my eyes are on the 3-4 DEs, I predict this will be a considerable need next year.
[ Edited by adrenaline on Jul 11, 2010 at 11:19 PM ]
Not on the list, but I think Shane Vereen will have a great year as a starter this season.

Originally posted by adrenaline:

WWW.NFL.COM

Personally, my eyes are on the 3-4 DEs, I predict this will be a considerable need next year.

we should sign dockett

then draft Prince Akanamanaura (sp?)
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by adrenaline:

WWW.NFL.COM

we should sign dockett

then draft Prince Akanamanaura (sp?)

Haha.. It's Amukamura, ads. (A-MOOK-UH-MERR-UH)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM ]
1. Pretty crappy senior QB's IMO outside of Locker, should mean top Junior or 2 are locks to come out early. I wonder if Andrew Luck comes out super early?

2. Bradford rates as the #12 RB? No way.

3. WR class looks pretty weak too. I think Little is the #1 senior. Great Junior class though (Julion Jones, AJ Green, Michael Floyd, Jonathan Baldwin are all legit 1st rounders).

4. Herzlich is a great story and everything, but I doubt he can bounce back from cancer to be the #1 LB. Von Miller is an interesting player.

5. Looks like a good group at DB.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM ]

• Elric
  • Veteran
Any of theese projects would be a welcome sight next year.

12. Cameron Heyward, DE

College: Ohio State
Height/Weight: 6-5, 280

Son of late NFL running back Craig "Ironhead" Heyward, who spent 11 years in the league. He posted 6.5 sacks last season despite only playing about 70 percent of the snaps due to a defensive line rotation.

13. Cameron Jordan, DE

College: Cal
Height/Weight: 6-4, 285

Another prospect with a father who played in the league. Steve Jordan was an NFL tight end for 13 seasons. Jordan is an outstanding athlete with speed and quickness that should translate well at the next level.

14. Kenrick Ellis, DT

College: Hampton
Height/Weight: 6-5, 335

Began his college career at South Carolina, but transferred to Hampton in 2008 and has started the past two seasons. Ellis has great strength.
weird, he doesnt list Ole Miss NT Jerrell Powe at all, I thought he is a Senior, and top rated NT.

Anyway, I like a bunch, Ill probably be writing a few pieces for my website in the next few weeks.
i dont think CB is a need like a lot of people in this forum clements and spencer are both very solid starters

depending if franklin signs or not (lets say he does) i think we need another pass rusher if brooks doesnt work out we need a better OLB otherwise i think we need to replace ray mac as a 3-4 DE
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i dont think CB is a need like a lot of people in this forum clements and spencer are both very solid starters

depending if franklin signs or not (lets say he does) i think we need another pass rusher if brooks doesnt work out we need a better OLB otherwise i think we need to replace ray mac as a 3-4 DE

the thing is, both matt's have speculated that the 49ers may not want to pay Clements what he will be due next year
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

the thing is, both matt's have speculated that the 49ers may not want to pay Clements what he will be due next year

If he becomes a shut-down type of corner this year, then he will want his pay. If things occur like last year, then we hold the bargaining chip and may want him to take a pay cut to stay on.

Still, I believe we will get a CB in the first two rounds.

I like Powe in the first and Brown in the second. Brown has the best speed it seems of the top CBs and he's going up against some big wigs, too, which may drop him a bit.

If not, Amukamara or Peterson in the first and Ellis, the Hampton Fatty, in the second.

It must be a CB/NT combo for the first two picks. I think our pass rushing LBs will do fine and the need won't be as great.

We shall see...
^ Agreed. Our first two picks should be CB/NT.

... Unless we need a franchise QB, then we go that direction. But I honestly don't think we will. I think Alex will accomplish enough this season for the front office to re-up his contract going forward.
i want a cb in the 1st
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Not on the list, but I think Shane Vereen will have a great year as a starter this season.

Roy Helu and Ryan Whalen on their respective position lists... Danville, CA represent!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home