LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Positions you want to see drafted next year

we need a lockdown CB
And with the number one pick in the draft.........

The Niners have traded for a real head coach.....

Pulling a play out of the Al Davis/Tampa playbook.

I'm just kidding by the way.
CB, OLB, DT, QB
in that order
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Spend all 7 picks on QBs. One has to be good.

I like that idea.

seriously I think its a reasonable idea for teams lacking a true franchise QB

QB is so far and away the most important position as far as long term success goes, that it's worth it to ignore the other positions until you get it right at QB....otherwise you end up with long term failure like us and the Bills and the Browns etc.

Actually we have 10 picks but even if we used 7 on QBs problem with that is say we keep 3-4 on the roster... that leaves 3-4 guys on the practice squad that could get snatched up. Plus doubt we would put 3-4 QBs on a PS... usually only 1. Can't remember the last time we carried 4 QBs on the roster either. Maybe when we had guys like Dorsey, Pickett, Doman, Dilfer, Winke etc.

There just wouldn't be enough time in the off season/pre season to get a good look at 7 QBs.
Not in order

QB, CB, OLB, S, DL
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Spend all 7 picks on QBs. One has to be good.

I like that idea.

seriously I think its a reasonable idea for teams lacking a true franchise QB

QB is so far and away the most important position as far as long term success goes, that it's worth it to ignore the other positions until you get it right at QB....otherwise you end up with long term failure like us and the Bills and the Browns etc.

Actually we have 10 picks but even if we used 7 on QBs problem with that is say we keep 3-4 on the roster... that leaves 3-4 guys on the practice squad that could get snatched up. Plus doubt we would put 3-4 QBs on a PS... usually only 1. Can't remember the last time we carried 4 QBs on the roster either. Maybe when we had guys like Dorsey, Pickett, Doman, Dilfer, Winke etc.

There just wouldn't be enough time in the off season/pre season to get a good look at 7 QBs.

Are you serious???
Can we trade the picks for a real HC
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

We need a QB first and formost.
  • titan
  • Veteran
QB
CB
OL
DL
LB
PR/KR-speedster
Athlete-speedster
The QB with the greatest potential in this years class, for obvious reasons.
A good Pass Rusher to take our D-Fense to the next level, And help out the secondary in the process....
Given this season, I have changed my POV.

QB--Alex Smith experiment failed! Next year, FA, N. Davis, and rookie.
DE/OLB--Manny will be gone and LaBoy is only one year so we need a rookie
CB--Priority as we need to infuse younger, faster talent on the edges bye Clements
NT--We still need that fattie at over 325 to clog lanes and be the 2-gapper we need however, we still can franchise Franklin.

Each position has its value:
QB--Ponder, Foles, Enderle and Stanzi in second and third so Luck, Locker and Mallett don't need to be top priorities in the first. We go with BPA at position of need in the first.

DE/OLB--Is it me or is this draft class full of hybrids? Ayers and Kerrigan seem like locks now in the first, but we have some options in the second and third rounds with guys like A. Robinson, B. Miller and U. Chinasa.

CB--I really think this years cream of the crop are the CBs in the first. That is why I am hoping for a Prince, a Ras, or a Patrick as one of those three would instantly start for us especially Peterson as a returner, too.

NT--Will P. Taylor be there in the fourth? or maybe L. Scott, Powe's partner at Ole Miss in the fourth or fifth.

In other words, we have some options for quality players at positions of need. I would like to find personalities and football players that drop like Bowman, Dixon, and even Mays.

Who is going to drop out of our potentials?

Right now, I will have to venture that CB or QB will be one of the first rounders especially if one of the top QBs drops a bit. That has happened before, but don't count on it because we have some QB needy teams ahead of us in the draft.

If we pick top 10, I almost guarantee it will be a QB. Hope not, as I don't want to pick in the top 10 again.

Not this year damn it!

Share 49ersWebzone