There are 155 users in the forums

sporting news draft review issue says...

niners targeted 5 nose tackles in draft ............but as we know, didnt get any of them
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hofer36:
niners targeted 5 nose tackles in draft ............but as we know, didnt get any of them

And the 5 are????
Originally posted by Kolohe:

And the 5 are????
makes sense they gotta find a suitable back up/franklins replacement guy & it isn't easy finding nt's for da 3-4. rjf is undersized my guess is dan williams was targeted just that hw wasn't ranked on their board as highly as davis & iupati thus they passed on him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
makes sense they gotta find a suitable back up/franklins replacement guy & it isn't easy finding nt's for da 3-4. rjf is undersized my guess is dan williams was targeted just that hw wasn't ranked on their board as highly as davis & iupati thus they passed on him

Dan Williams had to be one of them, hes the prototypical NT. I wonder if Mount Cody was one of them, I'd like to know what they thought of him.

And the 5 are????

they didnt say
1) You can't get everything in 1 draft.
2) We have a good NT now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

But how long will he be here?? I think if we can't re-sign him and decides to leave next year, we should pick up a NT via free agency.

.....oh damn there might not be any NFL next year.

But how long will he be here?? I think if we can't re-sign him and decides to leave next year, we should pick up a NT via free agency.

.....oh damn there might not be any NFL next year.

We need one eventually. O Line - 2010. D Line - 2011.
I was screaming for Linval Joseph and Troup...Weston was der next day, but we started drafting WR's, CB's, OLB's(converting to ILB's), etc..Not saying I didnt like draft(actually gave us a A-), but we probably couldve landed a NT instead of overdrafting at a few positions

That said, NE drafted more NT's/DT's, and may have troulble holding onto all of them. And some other 3-4 teams who drafted guys last year did da same, meaning some will hit da street between June 1st. and training camp..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
That said, NE drafted more NT's/DT's, and may have troulble holding onto all of them. And some other 3-4 teams who drafted guys last year did da same, meaning some will hit da street between June 1st. and training camp..

You have a good point there about NE, I'm thinking Kade Weston doesn't make the team or Myron Pryor. But if I remember correctly, Khalif Mitchell did look decent in Preseason last year.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

You have a good point there about NE, I'm thinking Kade Weston doesn't make the team or Myron Pryor. But if I remember correctly, Khalif Mitchell did look decent in Preseason last year.

Thinking maybe the 49ers believe someone will shake loose between now-June 1st-last training camp cuts. And this is where our backup NT comes from..

.....oh damn there might not be any NFL next year.[/quote]
Dude.. please don't even mention that...
[ Edited by cwilson830 on May 25, 2010 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by cwilson830:

.....oh damn there might not be any NFL next year.[/quote]
Dude.. please don't even mention that...
Share 49ersWebzone