There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Question: Draft Gurus Track Record?

Does anyone know of a site that actually follows Kiper/Mayock/Mcshays take (grade) on players in the early rounds and compare it to how they actually performed at the NFL level?

I have a feeling most of these guys are full of hot air.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 11, 2010 at 14:02:40 ]
brah they don't kno wat they be talkin bout
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
brah they don't kno wat they be talkin bout

Thanks for the insight....
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
brah they don't kno wat they be talkin bout
You need to check out The Huddle Report. Here you go:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

Spencer & Engle of Draft Breakdown rate #1 for the 2010 draft. Kiper is 3rd. Rick Gosselin is 8th.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
You need to check out The Huddle Report. Here you go:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

Spencer & Engle of Draft Breakdown rate #1 for the 2010 draft. Kiper is 3rd. Rick Gosselin is 8th.

Thanks Jimmy, but what I'm looking for is a sight that posts the diffrent draft guru's take on a player and how he panned out. I'm not looking for how accurately they picked who will grab who in what round.

Example: What was Kipers take on Darrell Revious? Was he the first rated CB on his board? Or did Kiper think he would just be a solid CB but X CB would be much better.
More to the point: Their takes on Ryan Leaf, Jemarcus Russell, and Mike Williams. I remember Kiper hyping Williams as the best player in the draft. Buzzzz, wrong again Mel!

You can't measure inner fire, so the pre-draft workup will never be completely accurate. Even further, who's to say Leaf would have busted at Indy or Jemarcus wouldn't have thrived elsewhere? The teams/coaches/systems that the players go to factor in heavily on their bustability (tm; Nuns).
Originally posted by Nuns:
More to the point: Their takes on Ryan Leaf, Jemarcus Russell, and Mike Williams. I remember Kiper hyping Williams as the best player in the draft. Buzzzz, wrong again Mel!

You can't measure inner fire, so the pre-draft workup will never be completely accurate. Even further, who's to say Leaf would have busted at Indy or Jemarcus wouldn't have thrived elsewhere? The teams/coaches/systems that the players go to factor in heavily on their bustability (tm; Nuns).


Exactly way too many variables involved for an accurate clear cut answer on this subject. Especially since a player's success has a lot to do with where they land and how they are coached up. Plus I don't understand why folks expect these guys to be perfect. It's a prediction not a guarantee. I know Kiper was off on Carr and Leaf while he was dead on about Russell. Shoot Kiper predicted Stafford would be the number 1 qb drafted whenever he entered the NFL and that was when Stafford was in high school. all of these guys ae dead wrong about some guys and dead on about others.


As far as Revis I'm pretty sure Leon Hall was the number ranked Cb on most people's board and Revis was number 2. some might have had Revis ranked higher b/c he was a good return guy in college also. I don't think anybody that called Revis being this dominant or he would've been a top 3 pick. I think Hall was drafted 13 and then the Jets traded up to 14 for Revis so that's not a big difference at all.
Not any Gurus, but some ones ratings

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/05/11/do-instant-draft-grades-mean-anything-not-really/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002
Originally posted by jimbagg:
You need to check out The Huddle Report. Here you go:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

Spencer & Engle of Draft Breakdown rate #1 for the 2010 draft. Kiper is 3rd. Rick Gosselin is 8th.

I didn't see Mayock or McShay listed anywhere
Mayock said he loved Jamarcus Russel`s tools and athleticisim but that he should still never be drafted in the first rd. He was right.

+1 Mayock
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 208
Originally posted by Dominate:
Mayock said he loved Jamarcus Russel`s tools and athleticisim but that he should still never be drafted in the first rd. He was right.

+1 Mayock

I like mike mayock the best he announces his errors, (chris johnson a 2nd round pick) and hits more often than others. That being said no one is near to being right fairly often.
Originally posted by EdEs:
Originally posted by Dominate:
Mayock said he loved Jamarcus Russel`s tools and athleticisim but that he should still never be drafted in the first rd. He was right.

+1 Mayock

I like mike mayock the best he announces his errors, (chris johnson a 2nd round pick) and hits more often than others. That being said no one is near to being right fairly often.

yeah I like mayock the most, esp on draft day, he was droppin knowledge! I think todd mcshay is a tool!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jimbagg:
You need to check out The Huddle Report. Here you go:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftscoring.shtml

Spencer & Engle of Draft Breakdown rate #1 for the 2010 draft. Kiper is 3rd. Rick Gosselin is 8th.

Thanks Jimmy, but what I'm looking for is a sight that posts the diffrent draft guru's take on a player and how he panned out. I'm not looking for how accurately they picked who will grab who in what round.

Example: What was Kipers take on Darrell Revious? Was he the first rated CB on his board? Or did Kiper think he would just be a solid CB but X CB would be much better.

Actually if you go back to that draft everyone was suprised that revis was picked that early. they called him a reach @ 14

they are all full of fail