There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best and worst from the 2010 draft class

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Bradford is in a WAAAAYYYYYY better situation than what Smith had his rookie year

Bradford has Jason Smith AND the kid that the Rams picked in the top of the Second Round from Indiana. Thats 2 Bookend Tackles to protect Bradford's growing pains (although JSmith is still unproven because of injuries, and the new OT is a question mark) they are way better than what we had protecting Smith that is for damn sure. And Bradford has Stephen Freaking Jackson. ASmith had Kevan Barlow. I give the Rams 3 years to challenge for the division (hell even 2, if their last two drafts turn it on).

So what you're saying is it's a good situation when you have two unproven players at each tackle position? Steven jackson is a beast, but he is the only good player on that offense. Good teams will shut him down and force the Rams to throw the ball to someone other than Jackson.

Well lets see you have a top 3 choice a LT that was hurt last year, and a highly regarder OT in the 2nd round. Compare that to Jonas Jennings (where he never saw the field, and who was our RT? Kwayme? LOL!!!!!!! Id much rather have the abilities of those 2 tackles the Rams have, than to what we had.

And your argument about good teams will shut Jackson down....well, the Rams were at their worst last year, and teams still couldnt shut Jackson down. 1400 yards Rushing alone proves that. Yeah I'd say Bradford is in a WAAAAAAYYYYY better situation than Alex was in.

Once again, as my post above describes, you are judging the Rams on "potential" and judging the '05 niners in hindsight. I still believe that before the '05 season started Jonas Jennings and Kwame Harris (as well as all 3 interior positions) looked very good on paper.

I didnt see where you were talking to me. Sorry.

Its all hindsight and potential. But we all knew that Barlow and Kwayme were crap after Erickson's last year, and we all had our doubts of a RB out of da U that had torn ACL's in both knees. Sure we were excited for a great promising young tackle in Jennings....But he didnt have the potential that the Rams two tackles have now. I would still take the Rams top two OT's potential, over what we had on paper.

Its all hindsight v potential. Apples and Oranges.
I'd think Bradford would be a good player, but injuries will ruin him. Already f**ked up his throwing shoulder twice, wait til he plays with the Rams line.
The worst pick in 1st round has to be Tebow. Broncos are friggin retarded for making that pick at that time imo.
Bradford is in a WAAAAYYYYYY better situation than what Smith had his rookie year

Bradford has Jason Smith AND the kid that the Rams picked in the top of the Second Round from Indiana. Thats 2 Bookend Tackles to protect Bradford's growing pains (although JSmith is still unproven because of injuries, and the new OT is a question mark) they are way better than what we had protecting Smith that is for damn sure. And Bradford has Stephen Freaking Jackson. ASmith had Kevan Barlow. I give the Rams 3 years to challenge for the division (hell even 2, if their last two drafts turn it on).

So what you're saying is it's a good situation when you have two unproven players at each tackle position? Steven jackson is a beast, but he is the only good player on that offense. Good teams will shut him down and force the Rams to throw the ball to someone other than Jackson.

Well lets see you have a top 3 choice a LT that was hurt last year, and a highly regarder OT in the 2nd round. Compare that to Jonas Jennings (where he never saw the field, and who was our RT? Kwayme? LOL!!!!!!! Id much rather have the abilities of those 2 tackles the Rams have, than to what we had.

And your argument about good teams will shut Jackson down....well, the Rams were at their worst last year, and teams still couldnt shut Jackson down. 1400 yards Rushing alone proves that. Yeah I'd say Bradford is in a WAAAAAAYYYYY better situation than Alex was in.

Once again, as my post above describes, you are judging the Rams on "potential" and judging the '05 niners in hindsight. I still believe that before the '05 season started Jonas Jennings and Kwame Harris (as well as all 3 interior positions) looked very good on paper.

Its all hindsight and potential. But we all knew that Barlow and Kwayme were crap after Erickson's last year, and we all had our doubts of a RB out of da U that had torn ACL's in both knees. Sure we were excited for a great promising young tackle in Jennings....But he didnt have the potential that the Rams two tackles have now. I would still take the Rams top two OT's potential, over what we had on paper.

Kind of funny looking back at that line and what some of us were expecting, and what we got. High price FA=spent the bulk of his career on IR. 1st round OT=spent most of his career holding onto defenders. 2nd round RG=out of a job. 2nd round LG=backup. Pro Bowl Center=Out of the league due to injuries. 7th round LG=our most consistent Center for the last 5 years. Go figure!

[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on May 8, 2010 at 20:31:22 ]
Originally posted by pelos21:

This. Alex Smith was put in the absolute WORST situation possible for a QB. He played through a rookie year with talent hardly better than our 09 practice squad.

Originally posted by GEEK:
Worst:

Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Tyson Alualu

Best:

Eric Berry
Mike Iupati
Suh/McCoy

Why do you think Alualu is one of the worst? Is it because the NFL Network told you he was a "reach"?

Kind of funny looking back at that line and what some of us were expecting, and what we got. High price FA=spent the bulk of his career on IR. 1st round OT=spent most of his career holding onto defenders. 2nd round RG=out of a job. 2nd round LG=backup. Pro Bowl Center=Out of the league due to injuries. 7th round LG=our most consistent Center for the last 5 years. Go figure!

Funny it became our strength when we signed Larry Allen, and Gore had a record year....then he left......hopefully Davis and Iupati dont flop. I know Iupati wont, I hope Ray Brown works up some motivation into Davis.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Worst:

Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Tyson Alualu

Best:

Eric Berry
Mike Iupati
Suh/McCoy

Why do you think Alualu is one of the worst? Is it because the NFL Network told you he was a "reach"?

He was considered a reach by pretty much everyone. I like him and thought he would have turned into a great pick if he was picked in the second round but the expectations are on him to perform like a top ten pick which most likely wont happen. People expect too much out of interior defensive linemen. People are upset with Sopoaga because he didn't do anything last year... guess what, he isn't supposed to do much except hold his ground which he did a pretty decent job of. Because he didn't have ten sacks, he is a terrible defensive end in the eyes of fans who really don't know much about football other than tackles, interceptions, and sacks. Was he great? No, but he definately wasn't bad. Alualu will not put up a bunch of tackles or sacks and fans will be calling him a bust even if he turns into a good player.
Worst:

Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Tyson Alualu

Best:

Eric Berry
Mike Iupati
Suh/McCoy

He was considered a reach by pretty much everyone. I like him and thought he would have turned into a great pick if he was picked in the second round but the expectations are on him to perform like a top ten pick which most likely wont happen. People expect too much out of interior defensive linemen. People are upset with Sopoaga because he didn't do anything last year... guess what, he isn't supposed to do much except hold his ground which he did a pretty decent job of. Because he didn't have ten sacks, he is a terrible defensive end in the eyes of fans who really don't know much about football other than tackles, interceptions, and sacks. Was he great? No, but he definately wasn't bad. Alualu will not put up a bunch of tackles or sacks and fans will be calling him a bust even if he turns into a good player.

Good point on Soap, in 3-4 D, that is the DLinmens jobs, are to hold the fort and let the LBs make the plays. I dont remember anyone griping about Soaps play. Because we were one of the best run stopping D's in the league.

A 4-3 DT job is to wreak havoc, and that is what JVille will be running, I think the kid from Cal is gonna have a tough time for the next couple of years.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Worst:

Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Tyson Alualu

Best:

Eric Berry
Mike Iupati
Suh/McCoy

Good point on Soap, in 3-4 D, that is the DLinmens jobs, are to hold the fort and let the LBs make the plays. I dont remember anyone griping about Soaps play. Because we were one of the best run stopping D's in the league.

A 4-3 DT job is to wreak havoc, and that is what JVille will be running, I think the kid from Cal is gonna have a tough time for the next couple of years.

I think Alualu is going to do bad in Jax defensive scheme. I don't think he's a bad football player, but the specific overall pick he was picked in, along with being somewhat undersized for the Jags scheme now that Henderson is gone, makes me conclude that he won't be a productive football player.
Originally posted by Tman:
I believe dez bryant is going to be a bust

I believe Taylor Mays is going to be a beast

this
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Worst:

Anthony Davis
Worst:

Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Tyson Alualu

Best:

Eric Berry
Mike Iupati
Suh/McCoy

I think Alualu is going to do bad in Jax defensive scheme. I don't think he's a bad football player, but the specific overall pick he was picked in, along with being somewhat undersized for the Jags scheme now that Henderson is gone, makes me conclude that he won't be a productive football player.

It's true, the Jags should have traded down, accumulated picks and still draft Alualu late in the 1st round. However, it doesn't mean that Alualu is one of the worst players/picks in the draft.

You guys can speculate and pretend to know what you're talking about, but no one on the planet can foresee if any of the players drafted are going to pan out or not.

Alualu has a non-stop motor, unlike Sopoaga. Alualu's a prototypical 4-3 DT and this years draft lacked top-end 4-3 DT's (after Suh and McCoy of course). Odrick is more of a 3-4 DE, Dan Williams' motor runs hot and cold, and Cody's a 3-4 DT.

How about this busty scenario. A team picking a safety in the 2nd round who is a physical specimen but has poor pass coverage skills.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Worst:

Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Tyson Alualu

Best:

Eric Berry
Mike Iupati
Suh/McCoy

It's true, the Jags should have traded down, accumulated picks and still draft Alualu late in the 1st round. However, it doesn't mean that Alualu is one of the worst players/picks in the draft.

You guys can speculate and pretend to know what you're talking about, but no one on the planet can foresee if any of the players drafted are going to pan out or not.

Alualu has a non-stop motor, unlike Sopoaga. Alualu's a prototypical 4-3 DT and this years draft lacked top-end 4-3 DT's (after Suh and McCoy of course). Odrick is more of a 3-4 DE, Dan Williams' motor runs hot and cold, and Cody's a 3-4 DT.

How about this busty scenario. A team picking a safety in the 2nd round who is a physical specimen but has poor pass coverage skills.

So you call everyone else guys who speculate and pretend to know what they're talking about, then you proceed to do the same thing with the opposite arguement...
Alualu was a bad pick, could be a good player but the Jags didn't work the draft like teams should. They could have traded down 10 spots, maybe picked up an extra 2nd or 3rd and gone from there. Still get Alualu and another good prospect.