LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

2010 NFL Draft Recap: Ten Biggest Steals

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.

I know I would Mays you are

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.

Dude, I tried telling ya!

You did, I was just hoping for a cornerback and really couldn't see Bowman as a "Ted" but yeah he was a great pick, great value. I talk to two differen't people who follow Penn State like I follow the 49ers and they just raved about Bowman. I talked to a few draft people about Bowman and they all said he was a 2nd rd talent and one said he was a first round talent. Went back and watched the USC-Penn State Rose Bowl game; Bowman stood out! Navorro Bowman will be a player for the 49ers.

Yeah one of my good friends is a PSU alum, and he watches EVERY game, and goes to EVERY Bowl game. So, that means I watch a lot of PSU ball. He stood out. Every game he played. This class wasnt very deep with DB's good to pick up TKO's heir now.
I thought the biggest draft steal was when someone stole Jason-Pierre Paul's lunch?
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I thought the biggest draft steal was when someone stole Jason-Pierre Paul's lunch?

Nate Byham took his lunch when USF played Pitt.

Nate Byham took his lunch when USF played Pitt.

just bent him over and pillaged that lunch

-9fA
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.

dude is the same size as takeo spikes! (minus the neck of course) why would he need to put on weight to play the Ted position?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.

Agreed

If you were rating the 49ers draft just based on the first four picks I would give us a A+.

Same here

Dixon was also a good pick in the 6th
I think our biggest steal was Anthony Dixon in the 6th rd...he'll be a real beast for us. Guys like Bowman and Mays were expected to be early picks...but to get the SEC rushing leader in the 6th rd is highway robbery.
Mays...

once he is coached up and learns how to cover, he will be the complete package. And we got him in the 2nd.

Ronnie Lott version 2.0

• Pintor73
  • Info N/A
i think anthony dixon will be a steal for a sixth round pick i see all of our draft picks except our 7th round pick dont know much about him also undrafted vann should make the team i like our draft cause i see us keeping all of our players and that's what makes good teams taylor mays will be our other steal he has the size and speed to be a good safety in this league they want to compare him to roy williams or other safeties that can't cover, the thing is mays runs a 4.3 to 4.4 you can teach him how to cover a te or running back goldson will play FS mays SS
For what it's worth, I was walking through Target and saw a draft magazine and starting reading it. Bowman was the #1 rated OLB for the draft. This publication (NFL Focus, I believe) came out around mid-season.
our inabillity to convert 3rd and short situations was an issue for our Oline but also on our undersized rb's. Anthony dixon will help us more than any 6th round pick in the draft. period. score.it will save frank for less predictable plays and make our chains move baby.
Share 49ersWebzone