There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010 NFL Draft Recap: Ten Biggest Steals

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Sweet...steals even before they take the field...
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.
don't we have to see how good these guys are before we call them steals?
bleacher report
I think you have to wait and see on paper mays and B maybe steals but until they take the field and produce no one can say for sure.

As Chris Berman would say thats why they play the game...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:

looks like a beast

Isn't that Trindon Holliday? I would look like a beast next to him, and I'm 6'0 180!
i think the best was steal Mays better than bowman.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Dominate:
In 5 years they will be talking about how Mays was the biggest steal of this draft.

I can't wait 5 years, I need to hear them say it in 2011!!!!!

Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Agreed
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Agreed

If you were rating the 49ers draft just based on the first four picks I would give us a A+.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Agreed

If you were rating the 49ers draft just based on the first four picks I would give us a A+.

Same here
Originally posted by ads_2006:
bleacherreport
Mays, Bowman and Anthony Dixon were all steals/good value picks, iMO
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I was originally critical of the Bowman pick, not because I did not think he was a good player as he was certainly good value where we got him but I was worried where he would fit in our 3-4 defense. Now I feel good about the pick as I think he can play a little bit at every LB spot in the 3-4 (including outside) and I do think he can put on the weight to be a "Ted" down the road. Just a very good football player. I talk to some Penn State people and they rave about him and I went back and watched the Penn State-USC Rose Bowl game and Bowman stood out. He may have been the best defensive player on the field (for both sides) that day. A very good, sound tackler who closes well, has very good instincts and does a nice job of shedding blocks.

Dude, I tried telling ya!
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Dude, I tried telling ya!

You did, I was just hoping for a cornerback and really couldn't see Bowman as a "Ted" but yeah he was a great pick, great value. I talk to two differen't people who follow Penn State like I follow the 49ers and they just raved about Bowman. I talked to a few draft people about Bowman and they all said he was a 2nd rd talent and one said he was a first round talent. Went back and watched the USC-Penn State Rose Bowl game; Bowman stood out! Navorro Bowman will be a player for the 49ers.