LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

2010 NFL Draft Recap: Ten Biggest Steals

One of our drafted players made the list..

Click on me Page 1

Or
Click on me Page 4

[ Edited by iamtheman698 on May 2, 2010 at 11:24:02 ]
Had to be Bowman.
Originally posted by English:
Had to be Bowman.

I think Bowman is going to hide under the radar until he lights people up on special teams during the regular season, he could even creep his way into the starting lineup (rotation) with Spikes right under our noses, and nobody will even see it coming!

Bowman's instincts/reflexes are cat-like, I still find it hard to believe this guy slipped past the 2nd round.
In 5 years they will be talking about how Mays was the biggest steal of this draft.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dominate:
In 5 years they will be talking about how Mays was the biggest steal of this draft.

I can't wait 5 years, I need to hear them say it in 2011!!!!!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Had to be Bowman.

I think Bowman is going to hide under the radar until he lights people up on special teams during the regular season, he could even creep his way into the starting lineup (rotation) with Spikes right under our noses, and nobody will even see it coming!

Bowman's instincts/reflexes are cat-like, I still find it hard to believe this guy slipped past the 2nd round.

I'm surprised I've never heard his name on the zone before he got drafted.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Had to be Bowman.

same, no knock on the kid, but I only heard this fringe first round stuff after we drafted him.
Originally posted by kunged:
Had to be Bowman.

same, no knock on the kid, but I only heard this fringe first round stuff after we drafted him.

lol I was thinking the same thing, but hey it's bleacher report, not the brightest group.

I believe he has potential, and I'm pulling for him, but I sure am not buying what bleacher report is selling, about virtually anything.
I hope Bowman does well. He doesn't have to be anything more than a special teamer this year and a role player, so hopefully he will take advantage of playing behind the two best ILB's in the league and learn how to be a seriously badass mofo.
Had to be Bowman.

There were plenty of draft sites and "Draft experts" that considered him a first round talent. A lot of places I've read people considered him a "First round talent but troubled past would push him to the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds." With most of those same sites saying he'd potentially be one of the bigger steals in the draft for a team in the 3rd round.

With that said i think people didn't really talk about him on this website because i don't think anyone considered him a fit for the 3-4 defense. Many scouting reports have him labeled as the best true 4-3 OLB in the draft and didn't figure he'd fit in any other scheme.

Obviously our scouting department didn't agree with that last statement. Hopefully they are eventually proven right.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I think Mays was a steal too. Many had him mid to late first round.
bleacherreport
I hope Mays & Bowman are both great steals!
Originally posted by tohara3:
I hope Mays & Bowman are both great steals!

I think every 49er fan hopes that
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Had to be Bowman.

There were plenty of draft sites and "Draft experts" that considered him a first round talent. A lot of places I've read people considered him a "First round talent but troubled past would push him to the late 2nd or early 3rd rounds." With most of those same sites saying he'd potentially be one of the bigger steals in the draft for a team in the 3rd round.

With that said i think people didn't really talk about him on this website because i don't think anyone considered him a fit for the 3-4 defense. Many scouting reports have him labeled as the best true 4-3 OLB in the draft and didn't figure he'd fit in any other scheme.

Obviously our scouting department didn't agree with that last statement. Hopefully they are eventually proven right.

Fair enough, just I hadn't heard much about him (probably because as you say he was considered a 4-3 OLB). Hopefully he can put some more muscle on and fit into a Takeo Spikes role. Personally I was really hoping for Brandon Spikes, but then the damn Patriots took him
Share 49ersWebzone