There are 162 users in the forums

Alternate Draft Scenarios

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Taylor Mays, in hindsight, didn't get into a serious car accident. Same thinking goes for the above post. You will never know.

Exactly. So why isn't it fair to assume we could have landed him without trading up? People act like another team was definitely going to snatch him up, when in reality, we'll never know. There is plenty to suggest he would have been there 2 slots later, though. The assumption is fair to anyone who doesn't just believe everything the Niners do is the right thing no matter what.

Now I'm assuming, but they must have NOT liked Bulaga.

I don't think it was a case of not liking Bulaga as much as it was a case of liking Davis moreso than Bulaga and my best guess is there was a significant difference in the 49ers grades on Davis and Bulaga, one that warranted the 49ers jumping up for him (possibly a top 10 grade on Davis).
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Taylor Mays, in hindsight, didn't get into a serious car accident. Same thinking goes for the above post. You will never know.

Exactly. So why isn't it fair to assume we could have landed him without trading up? People act like another team was definitely going to snatch him up, when in reality, we'll never know. There is plenty to suggest he would have been there 2 slots later, though. The assumption is fair to anyone who doesn't just believe everything the Niners do is the right thing no matter what.

Now I'm assuming, but they must have NOT liked Bulaga.

I don't think it was a case of not liking Bulaga as much as it was a case of liking Davis moreso than Bulaga and my best guess is there was a significant difference in the 49ers grades on Davis and Bulaga, one that warranted the 49ers jumping up for him (possibly a top 10 grade on Davis).

agreed
Share 49ersWebzone