LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Top Five Players at their Position for 2011: Pre-Season Picks

OTC as always, GREAT JOB, i agree on 99%, Im more higher on Mallet, but im wondering where is NT?

Who are your top guys? I personally like Jerell Powe from Ole Miss.
There isnt a player on this list that I would take over Luck
Give me Akeem Ayers and I'll be very happy
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You folks are awfully high on a guy who's only played one year. A guy who is only going to be a sophomore and has no guarantee of coming out.

Fellas.. Let's see how Luck does without a 1900 yard, 28 TD rusher taking the heat off of him.

Number 6 is where he will stay until he proves he's got it all, and that he can put it all together in back to back years with a different cast.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
OTC as always, GREAT JOB, i agree on 99%, Im more higher on Mallet, but im wondering where is NT?

My bad, guys. I was in a hurry and posted this before I ran out. In doing so, I neglected to include the top 3-4 NT's. I will add them momentarily. Powe is my top guy, too. Rather ridiculous mobility for a 340 pound man.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You folks are awfully high on a guy who's only played one year. A guy who is only going to be a sophomore and has no guarantee of coming out.

Fellas.. Let's see how Luck does without a 1900 yard, 28 TD rusher taking the heat off of him.

Number 6 is where he will stay until he proves he's got it all, and that he can put it all together in back to back years with a different cast.

You dont have to be an expert to be able to see the skills and ability this kid has. I would bet money he is top 10 pick if he comes out next yr.
Originally posted by calikid49:

i like Ayers a lot but he is a better fit as a 4-3 OLB.
I love Rahim Moore. one of the more pure FS. Ball-hawk with good instincts.
i think either he lead or tied the NCAA for most INT's in 09'.

My bad, guys. I was in a hurry and posted this before I ran out. In doing so, I neglected to include the top 3-4 NT's. I will add them momentarily. Powe is my top guy, too. Rather ridiculous mobility for a 340 pound man.

no worries, I double and triple checked, thought i missed something, and yeah I like Powe, has great mobility like u said.

Any thoughts on Marcell Dareus? I see him listed by a lot as a top 10 pick.
Didnt Pouncey get drafted this year? You will have to excuse me, Im not a huge college guy.

Originally posted by Dominate:
Didnt Pouncey get drafted this year? You will have to excuse me, Im not a huge college guy.

twin brothers, mike and maurkice.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by Dominate:

twin brothers, mike and maurkice.

Both top prospects at the same position too huh? Thats rare.
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
Texas Curtis Brown might deserve to be on your CB top 5, but Aaron Williams absolutely does. He's only a junior and my hope is he doesn't declare, but he's a top-15 talent if he does.
3-4 Nose Tackle:
1. Jerrell Powe, Mississippi--Man, I like this kid. Check out his vid on Rivals
2. Kendrick Ellis, Hampton
3. Phil Taylor, Baylor--Singletary's Alma Mater

Cornerback:
1. Prince Amukamura, Nebraska--This kid seems to be climbing
2. Ras-I Downling, West Virginia--Love the height and speed
3. Patrick Peterson, LSU*

3-4 OLB:
1. Robert Quinn, North Carolina*--Just a beast, but top 10--won't be available
2. Akeem Ayers, UCLA*
3. Von Miller, Texas A&M

Center:
1. Mike Pouncey, Florida

These positions seems to be the ones we may target based on contracts and upgrades at the need positions.
C--Heitmann is getting older and we may need a replacement in two years
CB--Our squad is aging badly, we need young meat, and we didn't address it with our top three picks
3-4 OLB--LaBoy is a stop gap and Manny is gone next year. Top priority IMO.
NT--Depends on what Franklin does and how RJF and Balmer develop. Still, those two seem like ends and we need a true 2-gap NT. Those three look like fringe 1-2.

So I am excited about next year as these that we highlighted will be challenged for 1st round status. I expect someone who we want to fall. Plus we will be picking in the twenties as we will do better this year.

I believe we can continue adding valuable pieces next year, too.

The stars are getting ready to align for 2012...maybe that's our year, you know...before the end of the world and stuff...

Yea SuperBowl...bummer, end of the world.

[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 29, 2010 at 10:22:35 ]

no worries, I double and triple checked, thought i missed something, and yeah I like Powe, has great mobility like u said.

Any thoughts on Marcell Dareus? I see him listed by a lot as a top 10 pick.

Probably a top 20 talent right now. Not a good fit for the 3-4. That is, unless he can add 10-20 pounds without losing his speed and explosiveness.

Originally posted by jame-gumb:
Texas Curtis Brown might deserve to be on your CB top 5, but Aaron Williams absolutely does. He's only a junior and my hope is he doesn't declare, but he's a top-15 talent if he does.

I know it gets touchy when you can only include five in a top 5 list, because someone has to get left out. Williams might actually be one of the top safety prospects.

Some speculate he might be even better as a safety in the NFL. Aaron Williams that is. Brown is another close one, for sure in the top 8, but not quite in my top 5.

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by calikid49:

i like Ayers a lot but he is a better fit as a 4-3 OLB.

I must fully disagree. He's the perfect SAM backer. 6-4 252 and 4.6 speed. Excellent in coverage and stopping the run, and solid in getting after the passer. The guy would be a nice fit here.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 29, 2010 at 13:38:32 ]
Share 49ersWebzone