3-4 Nose Tackle:
1. Jerrell Powe, Mississippi--Man, I like this kid. Check out his vid on Rivals
2. Kendrick Ellis, Hampton
3. Phil Taylor, Baylor--Singletary's Alma Mater
1. Prince Amukamura, Nebraska--This kid seems to be climbing
2. Ras-I Downling, West Virginia--Love the height and speed
3. Patrick Peterson, LSU*
1. Robert Quinn, North Carolina*--Just a beast, but top 10--won't be available
2. Akeem Ayers, UCLA*
3. Von Miller, Texas A&M
1. Mike Pouncey, Florida
These positions seems to be the ones we may target based on contracts and upgrades at the need positions.
C--Heitmann is getting older and we may need a replacement in two years
CB--Our squad is aging badly, we need young meat, and we didn't address it with our top three picks
3-4 OLB--LaBoy is a stop gap and Manny is gone next year. Top priority IMO.
NT--Depends on what Franklin does and how RJF and Balmer develop. Still, those two seem like ends and we need a true 2-gap NT. Those three look like fringe 1-2.
So I am excited about next year as these that we highlighted will be challenged for 1st round status. I expect someone who we want to fall. Plus we will be picking in the twenties as we will do better this year.
I believe we can continue adding valuable pieces next year, too.
The stars are getting ready to align for 2012...maybe that's our year, you know...before the end of the world and stuff...
Yea SuperBowl...bummer, end of the world.
[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 29, 2010 at 10:22:35 ]