LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Honestly, I look for CB, NT and DE?OLB next year...

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If everything goes like we all hope it will with Alex leading us to a nfc west title, and we re-sign Franklin, Alex, Willis, VD and Goldson long term, then we are set up nicely.

We would be sitting in the 22+ Rage in the draft depending on our record and such.

We would also have the following core players under contract, assuming most if not all draftees from 2010 make the club and contribute besides the 1st 4 picks.

Im assuming we sign all draft picks to 4 yr deals, the 2 1sts would sign 5 yr deals.

QB Alex Smith(say through 2015), QB Nate Davis(2012), RB Glen Coffee(2012), RB Anthony Dixon(2013), RB Michael Robinson(2012), WR Michael Crabtree(2013), WR Brandon Jones(2013), TE Vernon Davis(2015), TE Delanie Walker(2012), TE Nate Byham(2013), OT Anthony Davis(2014), OT Joe Staley(2017), OG Mike Iupati(2014), DE Justin Smith(2013), DE Isaac Sopoaga(2012), NT Aubrayo Franklin(2013), NT Ricky Jean-Francois(2012), OLB Parys Haralson(2013), ILB Patrick Willis(2017), ILB Navorro Bowman(2013), ILB Scott McKillop(2012), CB Nate Clements(2013), CB Shawntae Spencer(2012), CB Tarell Brown(2013), FS Dashon Goldson(2015), SS Michael Lewis(2012), SS Taylor Mays(2013), P Andy Lee(2012), LS Brian Jennings(2014), WR/PR/KR Kyle Williams(2013)

Now the question marks are whether Jones makes the team in 2010, which I think he will, also whether we re-sign or even if Jason Hill makes the club. Then there is Manny Lawson and Ray McDonald, do we re-up them after 2010. Or does Sopoaga get cut or traded if he doesnt have a good yr.

the following would be fa's after 2011;

Gore, Heitmann, Rachal, Morgan, Brooks, Ginn, any UDFA's we signed that make the team, Nedney, Snyder.

So many questions to answer, but say we go as planned, and those players are under contract for 2011, then my main focus on OffSeason is 1. If cap is in place we should be fine in getting players signed, if no cap, then the final 8 rule comes into place, all we need to do is win 1 playoff game and we will have restrictions against us.

So, Personally I would focus on this, re-sign Gore for a few more yrs. Extend Morgan and Brooks, and if Ginn does well, get him extended.

Now, Draft Wise/FA Wise, we should go after a pass rushing OLB, 3-4 DE, CB, backup Safety, Change of Pace Non-Gore Back, WR and Center.

If that happens we would be in AWESOME shape not only cap wise, but on the field.

Great post AB83!
Add QB is Smith doesn't pan out there!
Right now it seems like we only have 2 or 3 holes, but by next year there will be more that we didn't see coming. There is every year for every team. Gore could hit his wall like Shaun Alexander did, or VD could go back to dropping everything that comes his way. I don't think that there will be a lot of holes like these will open up and I hope that none will, but realistically one or two will.
If everything goes like we all hope it will with Alex leading us to a nfc west title, and we re-sign Franklin, Alex, Willis, VD and Goldson long term, then we are set up nicely.

We would be sitting in the 22+ Rage in the draft depending on our record and such.

We would also have the following core players under contract, assuming most if not all draftees from 2010 make the club and contribute besides the 1st 4 picks.

Im assuming we sign all draft picks to 4 yr deals, the 2 1sts would sign 5 yr deals.

QB Alex Smith(say through 2015), QB Nate Davis(2012), RB Glen Coffee(2012), RB Anthony Dixon(2013), RB Michael Robinson(2012), WR Michael Crabtree(2013), WR Brandon Jones(2013), TE Vernon Davis(2015), TE Delanie Walker(2012), TE Nate Byham(2013), OT Anthony Davis(2014), OT Joe Staley(2017), OG Mike Iupati(2014), DE Justin Smith(2013), DE Isaac Sopoaga(2012), NT Aubrayo Franklin(2013), NT Ricky Jean-Francois(2012), OLB Parys Haralson(2013), ILB Patrick Willis(2017), ILB Navorro Bowman(2013), ILB Scott McKillop(2012), CB Nate Clements(2013), CB Shawntae Spencer(2012), CB Tarell Brown(2013), FS Dashon Goldson(2015), SS Michael Lewis(2012), SS Taylor Mays(2013), P Andy Lee(2012), LS Brian Jennings(2014), WR/PR/KR Kyle Williams(2013)

Now the question marks are whether Jones makes the team in 2010, which I think he will, also whether we re-sign or even if Jason Hill makes the club. Then there is Manny Lawson and Ray McDonald, do we re-up them after 2010. Or does Sopoaga get cut or traded if he doesnt have a good yr.

Gore, Heitmann, Rachal, Morgan, Brooks, Ginn, any UDFA's we signed that make the team, Nedney, Snyder.

So many questions to answer, but say we go as planned, and those players are under contract for 2011, then my main focus on OffSeason is 1. If cap is in place we should be fine in getting players signed, if no cap, then the final 8 rule comes into place, all we need to do is win 1 playoff game and we will have restrictions against us.

So, Personally I would focus on this, re-sign Gore for a few more yrs. Extend Morgan and Brooks, and if Ginn does well, get him extended.

Now, Draft Wise/FA Wise, we should go after a pass rushing OLB, 3-4 DE, CB, backup Safety, Change of Pace Non-Gore Back, WR and Center.

If that happens we would be in AWESOME shape not only cap wise, but on the field.

If A. Smith leads us to the playoffs then he will need to be re-signed as well.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Great post AB83!

By virtue of our OL draft, just completed, we are now able to do what you posit in the title. Without OT/Iupati, we would still be stuck this yr with a non functional line. Now, we can (hopefully) attend to the rest of the team building, as AB pointed out. Without the two OLs this yr, it wouldn't have happened. There are so many levels this 2 man OL draft helps us, and also propels us upward. How far, i dunno. But we are no longer a 7-9 or 8-8 team. We had a thresh hold to cross. We did. Finally...and we found our GM, the right way, because he earned it.
We need to trade up and grab Patrick Peterson.
Share 49ersWebzone