There are 146 users in the forums

Honestly, I look for CB, NT and DE?OLB next year...

Dang it, Tico! Give it a rest already.

No.

I am truly and genuine excited on how Singletary and Baalke and building this team. I thoroughly am impressed at this last draft. The physicality, tenaciousness, and the down right nastiness of those players leaves a deep impression on me. I see the same approach in the future. Future team needs to address that we didn't this year in the top three rounds: CB, pass rusher and NT.

I am loving that NT class next year because there are three over-340LB fatties in the top 10 DTs...either the first or second can take care of that need...here they are:
Jerrell Powe at 6'2, 340
Kendirick Ellis at 6'4, 340
Phil Taylor at 6'5, 350!!! my fav because of Singletary's alma mater, Baylor

Out of these three, who's the nastiest, meanest mofo that fits Singletary's mold for you pro-draftnicks out there?

Then, who would fit that mold in the CB and 3-4 pass rushing class?

I like our chance next year at NT. I just hope we can do the same with CB especially.

Just something to think about...
I am hoping that RJF turns into a Franklin clone, or better. I am also hoping that Balmer pushes Sop for LDE. I am also hoping that MacDonald learns from Smith and becomes a stellar RDE. I am also hoping that T. Brown all of a sudden gets it and becomes a high quality CB. Hopefully R. Smith also gets it and gets with the program. I want Goldson to show the same energy that he displayed in the last Cardinals game of last year and does it through each and every game. And I want Brooks, Briggs, Haralson, Lawson and LaBoy to be the pass rushers we all hope that they will be.

Then with our Oline now established we will need a Center in next years draft, and then I hope we draft a NT, OLB, and CB in the high rounds.

I also hope we can sign Franklin, Willis, Davis, and Lawson and keep our nucleus. I want Baalke to get creative and get us a CB or two out of all of the changes that will take place between now and the cuts at TC.

And I would like Baalke to be our GM and get some new scouts to fill in behind him as well as a GM in training.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I am hoping that RJF turns into a Franklin clone, or better. I am also hoping that Balmer pushes Sop for LDE. I am also hoping that MacDonald learns from Smith and becomes a stellar RDE. I am also hoping that T. Brown all of a sudden gets it and becomes a high quality CB. Hopefully R. Smith also gets it and gets with the program. I want Goldson to show the same energy that he displayed in the last Cardinals game of last year and does it through each and every game. And I want Brooks, Briggs, Haralson, Lawson and LaBoy to be the pass rushers we all hope that they will be.

Then with our Oline now established we will need a Center in next years draft, and then I hope we draft a NT, OLB, and CB in the high rounds.

I also hope we can sign Franklin, Willis, Davis, and Lawson and keep our nucleus. I want Baalke to get creative and get us a CB or two out of all of the changes that will take place between now and the cuts at TC.

And I would like Baalke to be our GM and get some new scouts to fill in behind him as well as a GM in training.

so long story short you want every current averge 49er to take the next step all at the same time? seems far fetched

Yup, a center would be good. How about that kid from Florida taking his twin's spot at Center...nice at 320!!! Pouncey if Wallace doesn't pan out.
Originally posted by crabman82:

so long story short you want every current averge 49er to take the next step all at the same time? seems far fetched

I Believe!
Originally posted by crabman82:

Since we are pontificating then the answer is yes. I want to see development in all our players. I also want our rookies to contribute this year if at all possible. I want every player to contribute positively to the teams success.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Yup, a center would be good. How about that kid from Florida taking his twin's spot at Center...nice at 320!!! Pouncey if Wallace doesn't pan out.

Yes, Pouncey would be a good addition to our CB, NT, OLB.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Yes, Pouncey would be a good addition to our CB, NT, OLB.

at me...hell yes, Pouncey would be an incredible CB!!!

I was responding to the post that mentioned that a center would also be an option to draft to which I agree.

Pouncy would suffocate Fitz, but not that way.

Center added to our CB, NT, and OLB
I like your optimism on how our QB situation won't be an issue.

You can never have too many fast, tall, capable corners or too many competent pass-rushers. Ever.

Neither Isaac S, Kentwan B, or Ricky J-F have exactly distinguished themselves as back-ups for Aubrayo Franklin...yet. We'll just have to wait and see on that one.
If everything goes like we all hope it will with Alex leading us to a nfc west title, and we re-sign Franklin, Alex, Willis, VD and Goldson long term, then we are set up nicely.

We would be sitting in the 22+ Rage in the draft depending on our record and such.

We would also have the following core players under contract, assuming most if not all draftees from 2010 make the club and contribute besides the 1st 4 picks.

Im assuming we sign all draft picks to 4 yr deals, the 2 1sts would sign 5 yr deals.

QB Alex Smith(say through 2015), QB Nate Davis(2012), RB Glen Coffee(2012), RB Anthony Dixon(2013), RB Michael Robinson(2012), WR Michael Crabtree(2013), WR Brandon Jones(2013), TE Vernon Davis(2015), TE Delanie Walker(2012), TE Nate Byham(2013), OT Anthony Davis(2014), OT Joe Staley(2017), OG Mike Iupati(2014), DE Justin Smith(2013), DE Isaac Sopoaga(2012), NT Aubrayo Franklin(2013), NT Ricky Jean-Francois(2012), OLB Parys Haralson(2013), ILB Patrick Willis(2017), ILB Navorro Bowman(2013), ILB Scott McKillop(2012), CB Nate Clements(2013), CB Shawntae Spencer(2012), CB Tarell Brown(2013), FS Dashon Goldson(2015), SS Michael Lewis(2012), SS Taylor Mays(2013), P Andy Lee(2012), LS Brian Jennings(2014), WR/PR/KR Kyle Williams(2013)

Now the question marks are whether Jones makes the team in 2010, which I think he will, also whether we re-sign or even if Jason Hill makes the club. Then there is Manny Lawson and Ray McDonald, do we re-up them after 2010. Or does Sopoaga get cut or traded if he doesnt have a good yr.

the following would be fa's after 2011;

Gore, Heitmann, Rachal, Morgan, Brooks, Ginn, any UDFA's we signed that make the team, Nedney, Snyder.

So many questions to answer, but say we go as planned, and those players are under contract for 2011, then my main focus on OffSeason is 1. If cap is in place we should be fine in getting players signed, if no cap, then the final 8 rule comes into place, all we need to do is win 1 playoff game and we will have restrictions against us.

So, Personally I would focus on this, re-sign Gore for a few more yrs. Extend Morgan and Brooks, and if Ginn does well, get him extended.

Now, Draft Wise/FA Wise, we should go after a pass rushing OLB, 3-4 DE, CB, backup Safety, Change of Pace Non-Gore Back, WR and Center.

If that happens we would be in AWESOME shape not only cap wise, but on the field.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I like your optimism on how our QB situation won't be an issue.

While I have the same reservations about QB that you seem to have I think next year will be a better year for QB's in the draft than this year.
I still haven't given up on Carr. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if Smith doesn't improve Carr does what Plunkett did after he left us for the Raiders. I told my friend at the time(a Raiders fan who was bummed when they got Plunkett) that he was still a good QB and that behind that pathetic SF line at the time no QB was going to be any good. Lo and behold two SB's later I was proven correct. The Raiders had that beast of a line(sound familiar) that could actually protect the QB ,while our poor Niners at the time did not.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Maybe Brandon Harris will come out his junior year!!!

Robert Quinn, #42 UNC

Me likey...alot!

This kid too

Nice NT in the late first early second?

We need a CB right?

[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 27, 2010 at 20:13:31 ]
Share 49ersWebzone