LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Like or Dislike Mays pick?

Like or Dislike Mays pick?

For the 70th time, like. The kid will be a beast and ultimately take over the starting strong safety position.
I was a little hesitant about the pick on draft day....now after reading how he is adjusting his style and starting to impress already....couple that with the fact the kid is physically dominate i cannot wait until this kid is ready to start.
I love his work ethic.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
For the 49th pick I love. Would've hated it had we picked him in the first.
Originally posted by smileyman:

I'm sure he would've loved it! He'd be making 10's of millions of dollars, as opposed to a few hundred thousand.
The kid has way too much potential to pass up in the second round. Now the 'ifs' come with that. So we will just have to wait and see. The one question that I do have; is how long does Taylor have to show his talents? Will he be a late bloomer like Brooks who is now a definite keeper. Ah, isn't it all so very mysterious? The NFL. What a scene. I am tired of seeing our team lose. Where is the 'Show-Me'. I am tired of the experiments. 'Is Alex going to magically become a killer QB because of consistency?' I certainly HOPE so. But I am so very tired of waiting, and after being a long time fan I cannot accept mediocrity-Almost wins-and all the IF Only. Our Beloved Team was called a 'Perennial-Contender', not so long ago. I have been a fan long enough to feel that I have the right to talk truthfully about my Beloved Team. So....flame on youngsters. Just saying my piece IMHO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love the pick, he'll be the next Lott.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by smileyman:

I'm sure he would've loved it! He'd be making 10's of millions of dollars, as opposed to a few hundred thousand.

Max Unger, the 49th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, signed a four year deal with $1,950,000 guaranteed.

Mays won't be making chump change. Also, he'll likely have the opportunity to negotiate a very solid second contract within three years if he performs.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I can't wait for these guys to put on pads. Hopefully this guy can start by at least week 4.
  • Roxy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TO_THE_HOUSE:
c'mon you guys.. you can't teach 4.3 speed BUT you can teach technique

You can't teach quick hips either. One juke by a slot receiver and Mays will be choking on burnt rubber.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Roxy:
Originally posted by TO_THE_HOUSE:
c'mon you guys.. you can't teach 4.3 speed BUT you can teach technique

You can't teach quick hips either. One juke by a slot receiver and Mays will be choking on burnt rubber.

But its not just about quick hips either, Safeties play out more zone than man or bump and run coverage than corners, which we're not asking Mays to do. Mays is a different kind of Safety, than to what many people compare to the ideal Ed Reed type they want him to be. Mays is more the Adrian Wilson type, hard hitter that covers most of the underneath routes. I'm sure they'll line up Mays over the TE which I haven't seen him do in college, rather lining him up over the slot.
I definitely like the May pick. We received a great value for him by taking him with our mid 2nd round pick. Not only does he add much needed speed to our defense, but he also adds play making ability which our secondary lacks. He also has an incredible work ethic.
He is a great value for a 2nd rounder
im pretty pumped with the pick. like most have said it really sweetens the deal since he was a second round pick and not a first. i wanted o line man in the first. but getting mays to. i was a happy guy during the draft
i just pissed he did not chose #24
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i just pissed he did not chose #24

why? u miss Mike Rumph?
Share 49ersWebzone