LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 174 users in the forums

49ers sign FS Chris Maragos

• KID9R
  • Veteran
03/18/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: One of the benefits of pro day is that it allows an unheralded prospect to get on the map with an outstanding workout. That is precisely what took place at Wisconsin's pro day on Thursday. DB Chris Maragos (5-foot-10 1/2, 200 pounds) performed so well that he may just find himself getting drafted in the late rounds come April. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.50 and 4.47 seconds, had a 36-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot broad jump and did 15 repetitions in the bench press at 225 pounds. Where Maragos really made his mark was in the agility drills. Quickness is a vital attribute for defensive backs, and Maragos showed he has what it takes athletically. His 6.55-second three-cone drill and 3.98-second short shuttle would have been the best times at the NFL Scouting Combine for any position. He also did position drills. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kKqjT5ZoE
Im taller than him
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Im taller than him

So is Ed Reed by a whole 1/2".
Championship
He and Vann are really great additions to training camp...3-4 years back they'd have a REALLY great chance of making our team, but it's a testament to how much better we're getting that these guys are bubble players at best right now. Should be a fun training camp and preseason!
i actually watched his highlights, dude's got a nose for the ball.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 26, 2010 at 06:16:27 ]
I know it is too early to say, but I hope this guy makes the team as a back-up to Dashon Goldson. He looks like he has a lot of upside and is pretty killer on special teams.

If the Niners can't afford to resign all the big free agents coming up, I could see this guy as a good replacement to Goldson. Since we have Mays now as a hard hitting SS, we could use a FS who is more cover oriented.

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 26, 2010 at 07:29:37 ]
Being from Wisconsin I watched a lot of Badgers games. Pretty underrated player but like someone mentioned it will be tough to make this roster. Especially with Reggie Smith being able to possibly play CB. We are leaps and bounds above the Erickson era. P.S. Jim Leonhard was an undrafted safety out of Wisconsin and look how he turned out.
I'm older than him.

He will be the most emotional cut for the team from the rookie class this year, and will probably make the practice squad. I think the fans will be cheering him on. Pure love of the game.

Good luck, Chris.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
i actually watched his highlights, dude's got a nose for the ball.

I like this kid! At worst, he'd be great on special teams.

The weight appears to be off!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
White guy safety just dont cut it these days.
Originally posted by susweel:
White guy safety just dont cut it these days.
Share 49ersWebzone