There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We Now Have the Most Powerful RB Corps in the NFL, Hands-Down

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
u guys think we'll keep both Blount and Dixon?? I don't see that happening.

Are you that confident in Coffee? Anything can happen. We seen what Coffee can do and it wasn't impressive.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Gore, Coffee, Dixon, and Blount.

Unless Blount gets in trouble (I think the BSU game was an Isolated Incident), he makes the team.

MROB is going to get cut, and Norris may too.

From what I hear, Dixon is a very good blocker, so Norris may be gone; I've also read that Blount is a great blocker as well, and actually enjoys blocking!

Depth Chart:

HB: Gore, Coffee
FB: Dixon, Blount

I can't wait!

We finally have the personnel to execute 'smash-mouth'!

I can't Imagine us cutting Norris and replacing him with a RB thats never played FB.

maybe just maybe Blount in year two.

Did you watch any of The Moran Noris SuckFest 2009? He should have been cut once the season ended imo. Dude was not good at all in 09.

Yes -- Norris sucked and can't run. Blount and Dixon can block well...supposedly Blount is a very good blocker.

Unless Blount gets in trouble (I think the BSU game was an Isolated Incident), he makes the team.

From what I hear, Dixon is a very good blocker, so Norris may be gone; I've also read that Blount is a great blocker as well, and actually enjoys blocking!

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

I can't Imagine us cutting Norris and replacing him with a RB thats never played FB.

Did you watch any of The Moran Noris SuckFest 2009? He should have been cut once the season ended imo. Dude was not good at all in 09.

Yes -- Norris sucked and can't run. Blount and Dixon can block well...supposedly Blount is a very good blocker.

If he was that good of a prospect he would have been drafted Nick
Originally posted by joey82:

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

If he was that good of a prospect he would have been drafted Nick

People are really really turned off by his off-the-field stuff...or on the field I guess with the punch. If it weren't for that, he'd have been drafted in the middle rounds...maybe higher if he played all year and wasn't suspended.
speaking of hands

Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Nate Byham is a 268 lb TE that can also line up at FB. I think the roster competition is:

RB - 3 spots - Gore, Coffee, with Dixon, Blount fighting for 3rd spot

FB - 2 spots - Norris, with Britt and Byham possibly fighting for 3rd spot.

Michael Robinson makes the roster because of his value on special teams.

If it becomes a numbers game, NFL rules would allow Britt and Blount to be stashed away on the practice squad. Coffee played too much last year to be eligible.

I think that's a heck of a RB group.

There probably won't be more than one fullback, and that fullback won't necessarily be Norris, who is on the slippery downward slide of his career. He may be Gore's pal, but in the NFL that and a dime won't get you a cup of coffee.

Speaking of which, Coffee is going to be battling Dixon and Blount for the privilege of coming in when Gore needs a breather, or on short yardage situations. I think he saw the writing on the wall and did a lot of offseason work building himself up to be the kind of big powerful back Singletary wanted to draft last year (see Greene, Shonn). I think he makes the team (don't read much into his carry average last year; behind our dysfunctional OL, Chris Johnson's average rushing between the tackles wouldn't have been much better, nor would Shonn Greene's).

I don't see how both Dixon and Blount make the squad, unless both of them are monsters on special teams (and they both have a chance to be). And frankly, Michael Robinson's future is in some doubt despite his talent on special teams, because he hasn't demonstrated much talent beyond that.

[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Apr 25, 2010 at 14:13:46 ]
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Nate Byham is a 268 lb TE that can also line up at FB. I think the roster competition is:

RB - 3 spots - Gore, Coffee, with Dixon, Blount fighting for 3rd spot

FB - 2 spots - Norris, with Britt and Byham possibly fighting for 3rd spot.

Michael Robinson makes the roster because of his value on special teams.

If it becomes a numbers game, NFL rules would allow Britt and Blount to be stashed away on the practice squad. Coffee played too much last year to be eligible.

I think that's a heck of a RB group.

This may be out of left field but because it is a numbers game I can see Robinson and Miller being the 2 FBs. Since FB is not oft used in Raye's Offense it would make more sense to keep Robinson because of his versatility and value than Norris, who has little value and hasn't had a good season in the NFL since 2006 from what I can recall.

Byham can battle it out for the 3rd TE spot with JJ Finley. There you have a lot of power runners (Gore, Coffee, Dixon) and flexibility at Fullback, Tight End / H back. Blount probably going to the practice squad.
lets see the rookies prove it on the field before we crown them the most powerful RB corps in the NFL
This may sound crazy, but for once could we at least wait to see what players ACTUALLY DO before we judge them?

People are ready to replace vets (who even if we need upgrades, are proven NFL caliber players), with 6th rounders and UDFA's.

It's the same every year. Suddenly players most have never heard of, and most of whom will never make the team, are expected to make an impact.

How about we at least wait for some OTAs or maybe even the preseason before we are ready to cut real vets for guys who have never even seen an NFL locker room.

Half these UDFA pickups and later rounders won't make it through training camp, let alone displacing guys with proven careers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for upgrades over MRob, Norris and Coffee as well. But banking on UDFA's who haven't even PRACTICED with the team yet to do it is pretty wishful thinking.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
This may sound crazy, but for once could we at least wait to see what players ACTUALLY DO before we judge them?

People are ready to replace vets (who even if we need upgrades, are proven NFL caliber players), with 6th rounders and UDFA's.

It's the same every year. Suddenly players most have never heard of, and most of whom will never make the team, are expected to make an impact.

How about we at least wait for some OTAs or maybe even the preseason before we are ready to cut real vets for guys who have never even seen an NFL locker room.

Half these UDFA pickups and later rounders won't make it through training camp, let alone displacing guys with proven careers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for upgrades over MRob, Norris and Coffee as well. But banking on UDFA's who haven't even PRACTICED with the team yet to do it is pretty wishful thinking.

this
Originally posted by ads_2006:
speaking of hands

Nice sucker punch. Blount should consider boxing if football doesn't work! (j/k)

Norris sucks bad. He's old (will be 32), he is slow, he is expensive (~$1 million), he can't run or catch, so the defense can ignore him. He's losing his blocking skills due to old age and slowness.

RB: Gore, Coffee, Dixon
FB: Blount, Robinson (ST)

PS: Miller or Caulcrick or Blount (FB options)

Cut Norris - if they cut him, NOBODY will pick him up, so they can always re-sign him if they need him. FB options Blount / Dixon / Caulcrick / Miller will all be ~ league minimum, Norris will cost ~$1 million?

Most teams don't even use a FB. They play with 3 WR's or 2 TE's instead. We can play either 3 WR's or 2 TE's, and be way better and more versatile than having Norris at FB.
OK you guys cannot, cannot be serious!!!!! Moving Blount and Dixon to FB?!?!?!?!?!
Norris has lost it?!?!?!?!?!?! You guys need to stop smoking the huka.

What evidence do you have that Norris has lost it? It wasnt his fault Gore got hurt, it wasnt his fault Coffee couldnt run behind him, It wasnt his fault They ditched a FB idea once Alex came in to run the spread the rest of the year.

This is the start of a FB's prime. And you want to ditch him, when you have no idea what you are talking about? If we are keeping the power game, we are keeping Norris. No Way we ditch him for a 6th and UDFA, who havent shown how to block at all.

WTF!!!!!!!
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
LOL.

THis is the most retarded thread ever.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
LOL.

THis is the most retarded thread ever.

Agree

So may stupid things going on in this tread. First, that 6th rounders and UDFA not only will make the team but crack the two deep. Which is extremely unlikely.

Then that these guys are going to outperform veteran NFL players who know the offense, again extremely unlikely.

Last that all of these events will make us the most powerful RB Corps in the NFL!!! I can't even begin to wrap my head around the stupidity of this concept. What makes it worse is that some our of fans who think this is going to happen are obviously so good at evaluating talent that they know who has lost it and should give up their career.