There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We Now Have the Most Powerful RB Corps in the NFL, Hands-Down

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Gore, Coffee, Dixon, and Blount.

Unless Blount gets in trouble (I think the BSU game was an Isolated Incident), he makes the team.

MROB is going to get cut, and Norris may too.

From what I hear, Dixon is a very good blocker, so Norris may be gone; I've also read that Blount is a great blocker as well, and actually enjoys blocking!

Depth Chart:

HB: Gore, Coffee
FB: Dixon, Blount

I can't wait!

We finally have the personnel to execute 'smash-mouth'!

I dont see it this way at all. Norris will be the FB. He is proven and Blount and Dixon have never played there. I think Dixon makes the team but Blount is cut or is on practice team. I just dont believe that both will make the team over Coffee.

Oh.. as far as power RB corps. Give me AP and Gerhart.

Unless Blount gets in trouble (I think the BSU game was an Isolated Incident), he makes the team.

From what I hear, Dixon is a very good blocker, so Norris may be gone; I've also read that Blount is a great blocker as well, and actually enjoys blocking!

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

Nick seriously this has to be a joke right? You can't be this dumb. Dixon and Blount wouldn't be a FB and Dixon and Blount haven't even played a snap in the NFL. They could be good or they could be practice squad material.

Coffee and his 2.7 YPC is pretty intimidating also.

I can list 5 teams off the top of my head that have more powerful RBs than we do.

[ Edited by joey82 on Apr 25, 2010 at 11:16:34 ]
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Nate Byham is a 268 lb TE that can also line up at FB. I think the roster competition is:

RB - 3 spots - Gore, Coffee, with Dixon, Blount fighting for 3rd spot

FB - 2 spots - Norris, with Britt and Byham possibly fighting for 3rd spot.

Michael Robinson makes the roster because of his value on special teams.

If it becomes a numbers game, NFL rules would allow Britt and Blount to be stashed away on the practice squad. Coffee played too much last year to be eligible.

I think that's a heck of a RB group.

we're not keeping 2 FB's
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joey82:

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

Nick seriously this has to be a joke right? You can't be this dumb. Dixon and Blount wouldn't be a FB and Dixon and Blount haven't even played a snap in the NFL. They could be good or they could be practice squad material.

I can list 5 teams off the top of my head that have more powerful RBs than we do.

I'm with you on this one, I don't think Coffee's job is secure enough to back up Gore.

lets compare them in the pre-season...after that we can say who should be the better option for the regular season in a objective way. sorry, too much coffee-haters out there.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:

lets compare them in the pre-season...after that we can say who should be the better option for the regular season in a objective way. sorry, too much coffee-haters out there.

Whatever.......Coffee haters, its about having the best players on the 49ers.
Nate Byham is a 268 lb TE that can also line up at FB. I think the roster competition is:

If it becomes a numbers game, NFL rules would allow Britt and Blount to be stashed away on the practice squad. Coffee played too much last year to be eligible.

Doubt we'll carry 5 backs. Also, Coffee isn't gonna be given anything and will have to fight for a spot every bit as much as the other guys (minus Gore of course).
its going to be tough RB competition this summer.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

You think that only because it's our group. If you replace Gore's name With Steven Jackson's name and look at the list and you'd be saying how the Rams have SteveJax and a bunch of scrubs. As it sits, we have Frank Gore and a bunch of scrubs.

easy now nick

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

Please see this thread. Thank you.
Originally posted by KID9R:

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

I can't Imagine us cutting Norris and replacing him with a RB thats never played FB.

maybe just maybe Blount in year two.

Did you watch any of The Moran Noris SuckFest 2009? He should have been cut once the season ended imo. Dude was not good at all in 09.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by KID9R:

Depth Chart:

I can't wait!

I can't Imagine us cutting Norris and replacing him with a RB thats never played FB.

maybe just maybe Blount in year two.

Did you watch any of The Moran Noris SuckFest 2009? He should have been cut once the season ended imo. Dude was not good at all in 09.

you may be right but we're still not going to replace him with Blount or Dixon.
u guys think we'll keep both Blount and Dixon?? I don't see that happening.