LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The happiest 49er is...

Alex. Pure and simple, he has to be the happiest guy in the world. Right about now he is feeling sympathy for the #1 pick in Ramsland,for their new heir apparent Qb. With any luck he won't get permanently injured this yr, because he has virtually no OL. Sound familiar? Yeah, alex smith, 5 yrs ago. Anyway, all the question marks re: alex are going to be either substantiated or blown away this yr. Finally, finally, 5 yrs later we get to see what we drafted at #1 pick in the draft. Took a long time, but finally we got someone running the draft that knows how to build a team...from the outside in. Well, we got it backwards, but the point is we finally did get it.

Watch vernon become something special. Watch frank light it up again, and not be depressed that he can't run against a DL that formerly caved in on him. Watch our WRs become ESPN highlites. Watch our OL give our QB a chance to become something special. Yeah, i know, we still got jimmyrae and bigmike, but now they have some talent, and maybe with talent on the OL, they can put together an effective, exciting O.

If Mays plays like his highlite reel, then we really did well. I think he is going to need a huge dose of bigMike, aforehand, however. Wish i had seen Bowman play, because he sounds intriguing. The others, if half stick around, we done good. If even a couple make it, terrific. All i know is that we finally got someone who not only evaluates talent well, he also knows how to build a team. Good for Baalke, and good for the 49ers, and lastly, great for alex.

I had hoped for a top 3 OT, and we got maybe #2. Doesn't matter, all we want is to see him translate his college success into the pros...and i think he will. Note that USC's OT Brown, (consensus 4th rated OT, stayed on the board a long time. If he had been our OT, then i wouldn't be all that excited. Even better, our OG may end up being our best OLineman. It wouldn't surprise me.

Oh, yeah. Second happiest guy on the 49ers? Frank the tank. Don't you know he went out and said the beads for baalke...maybe had a beer too.
Actually, baalke might just give alex a run for his money on this point.
I just hope Iupati and Davis don't suck ass as rookies.
  • kw49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Alex. Pure and simple, he has to be the happiest guy in the world. Right about now he is feeling sympathy for the #1 pick in Ramsland,for their new heir apparent Qb. With any luck he won't get permanently injured this yr, because he has virtually no OL. Sound familiar? Yeah, alex smith, 5 yrs ago. Anyway, all the question marks re: alex are going to be either substantiated or blown away this yr. Finally, finally, 5 yrs later we get to see what we drafted at #1 pick in the draft. Took a long time, but finally we got someone running the draft that knows how to build a team...from the outside in. Well, we got it backwards, but the point is we finally did get it.

Watch vernon become something special. Watch frank light it up again, and not be depressed that he can't run against a DL that formerly caved in on him. Watch our WRs become ESPN highlites. Watch our OL give our QB a chance to become something special. Yeah, i know, we still got jimmyrae and bigmike, but now they have some talent, and maybe with talent on the OL, they can put together an effective, exciting O.

If Mays plays like his highlite reel, then we really did well. I think he is going to need a huge dose of bigMike, aforehand, however. Wish i had seen Bowman play, because he sounds intriguing. The others, if half stick around, we done good. If even a couple make it, terrific. All i know is that we finally got someone who not only evaluates talent well, he also knows how to build a team. Good for Baalke, and good for the 49ers, and lastly, great for alex.

I had hoped for a top 3 OT, and we got maybe #2. Doesn't matter, all we want is to see him translate his college success into the pros...and i think he will. Note that USC's OT Brown, (consensus 4th rated OT, stayed on the board a long time. If he had been our OT, then i wouldn't be all that excited. Even better, our OG may end up being our best OLineman. It wouldn't surprise me.

Oh, yeah. Second happiest guy on the 49ers? Frank the tank. Don't you know he went out and said the beads for baalke...maybe had a beer too.

I've been around this board for awhile, but I don't post a lot, and I was wondering when you were gonna post about this draft. It seems like you've been harping on the oline for the past 3 years. You must be the happiest 49er fan.
Originally posted by teeohh:

ditto
Singletary made an interesting comment today on how Frank hates splitting carries, it was something along the lines of "you try explaining it to him and he just never gets it".

Basically that Gore gets butt hurt if his carries get taken away. So I bet he's not too thrilled about our new backs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I bet you Gore is not very happy right now. He is slowly being fazed out.
Singletary made an interesting comment today on how Frank hates splitting carries, it was something along the lines of "you try explaining it to him and he just never gets it".

Basically that Gore gets butt hurt if his carries get taken away. So I bet he's not too thrilled about our new backs.

Gores the kind of guy that wants to be out there all the time and just play Ball. I like that about him

You have to love that kind of effort out of the guy, but he has to understand to split the carries now
Originally posted by pelos21:

ditto

Damn dude don't jinx them!
gotta be Frank because he will be running behind the steamrollin samoan

Originally posted by susweel:

phased*

And he's not being phased out. The team just wants to either keep him healthy or have similar players to fill his position in his absence.
pas, I think it's fairly ironic that you were harping on Big Mike ever since he got the job, and now he's the only one who had enough sense to build up the OLine. Since Scott believed you could get guards in the last half of the draft and couldn't recognize OL talent if his life depended on it. Now that Scott's gone and Sing and Baalke really decided to beef up the OLine you should be pretty happy. The guy you had the least faith in to fix things went ahead and fixed things.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by pelos21:

ditto

Damn dude don't jinx them!

If Davis stays in shape, the Raiders gave us another stud.
Originally posted by kw49:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I've been around this board for awhile, but I don't post a lot, and I was wondering when you were gonna post about this draft. It seems like you've been harping on the oline for the past 3 years. You must be the happiest 49er fan.

There are a lot of Niner fans who are very happy with the way the oline was addressed in this draft.
Originally posted by susweel:

I don't see how he could be unhappy after this. We beefed up our OL significantly so he could actually have a shot to get a good gain on every carry rather than hoping to break one when the OL finally blocks people. Supposedly after drafting Davis and Iupati he texted "thank you" to Jed York. Plus it's not that we're trying to replace him, he'll still get his 15-20 carries. We're trying to keep dude healthy for a hopeful playoff run.
Share 49ersWebzone