LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 443 users in the forums

Roster Revisited

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Let go of Coffee, M.Robinson, B.Jones, and Ziegler. These guys have added nothing in terms of offense and I believe Robinson can easily be replaced on ST with a defensive guy.

Coffee? Seriously? You'd give up on a guy that averaged like 5 touches per game? I'm assuming you think Blount is a better back. Glad you don't make the decisions.

well 2.7 ypc. not good. plus these rooks aint so shabby. dixon...
Originally posted by fan49:
Let go of Coffee, M.Robinson, B.Jones, and Ziegler. These guys have added nothing in terms of offense and I believe Robinson can easily be replaced on ST with a defensive guy.

Coffee? Seriously? You'd give up on a guy that averaged like 5 touches per game? I'm assuming you think Blount is a better back. Glad you don't make the decisions.

these rookies have not played a down in the NFL.

Its gonna be Gore, Coffee and Dixon. BLount wont make the team
It has a been a real LONG time since the 9ers have had this type of depth.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Between Blount and Dixon, it'll be a battle to see who wants it more. No doubt Coffee makes the team, and there'll be a contest to see who is the backup and who is third string.

The idea that Blount could be tried at FB is interesting. Even with his size and power, I don't think he's shown the straight-ahead speed and moves to be a featured running back (although his measureables aren't so different from Shonn Greene's) and Singletary and Rathman may see an opportunity to replace Norris -- on the slippery downslope of his career -- with a mean, devastating blocker who can run and catch as well.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by fan49:

these rookies have not played a down in the NFL.

I don't think they should automatically award Blount a roster spot, but they should let him battle for it.

Gore, Dixon, and Coffee vs Blount.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
There is no way this team gives up on Balmer, Snyder, or Brandon Jones. Those guys are locks to make the squad.

I can def see us keeping Balmer since he's young and a DL. Jones only because of his contract but Snyder? Why the F*** would we keep Snyder?

Staley Iutapi Heitmann Rachal Davis
Sims Baas Wallace Boone

SNYDER BLOWS!
Originally posted by matt49er:
There is no way this team gives up on Balmer, Snyder, or Brandon Jones. Those guys are locks to make the squad.

I can def see us keeping Balmer since he's young and a DL. Jones only because of his contract but Snyder? Why the F*** would we keep Snyder?

Sims Baas Wallace Boone

SNYDER BLOWS!

Though I may not have worded it so strongly, I tend to agree.

No need to keep him around as a backup, Baas can play all three interior spots and Sims is the swing tackle. Time to start turning the roster over, giving younger guys an opportunity. IMHO.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Sims Baas Wallace Boone

SNYDER BLOWS!

Though I may not have worded it so strongly, I tend to agree.

No need to keep him around as a backup, Baas can play all three interior spots and Sims is the swing tackle. Time to start turning the roster over, giving younger guys an opportunity. IMHO.

Snyder will have his chance to earn a spot on the bench, but I don't the team feels any responsibility to groom him like they once did. Balmer is the new Alex Smith. He hasn't shown anything yet, but it's not entirely his fault. He still deserves more time. Jones should be motivated. Not every coach was on board with his signing and now there is more talent behind him, in the form of Williams, Long, and maybe even Vann.
Share 49ersWebzone