There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign QB Jarrett Brown

The guy obviously reminds one of Mike Vick or Vince Young because of his mobility. I could see this kind of QB being appealing to Singletary, seeing how a mobile QB can open up a lot of things in the running game. I also like how he played out of a pro-style offense at West Virginia.

I remember seeing Jarrett Brown at the combine and thinking that he looked like the best of the QB's there, apart from being the fastest (4.53 - 40). That isn't saying much since the QB's sucked who attended.

He needs to work on things like accuracy, but I could see him being a good developmental QB or even a wild cat guy (he played behind Pat White before last season), if we ever use the taser again (I hope not). Let's see how he adapts and adjusts to learning an NFL playbook. Good pick-up nonetheless.

"Currently projected somewhere in the fifth round, but Brown's smooth release and arm strength that was on displays may get him into the the third or fourth round now." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/353846-2010-nfl-combine-results-jarrett-brown-stands-out-in-qb-group-so-far

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 25, 2010 at 12:52:08 ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The guy obviously reminds one of Mike Vick or Vince Young because of his mobility. I could see this kind of QB being appealing to Singletary, seeing how a mobile QB can open up a lot of things in the running game. I also like how he played out of a pro-style offense at West Virginia.

I remember seeing Jarrett Brown at the combine and thinking that he looked like the best of the QB's there, apart from being the fastest (4.53 - 40). That isn't saying much since the QB's sucked who attended.

He needs to work on things like accuracy, but I could see him being a good developmental QB or even a wild cat guy (he played behind Pat White before last season), if we ever use the taser again (I hope not). Let's see how he adapts and adjusts to learning an NFL playbook. Good pick-up nonetheless.

"Currently projected somewhere in the fifth round, but Brown's smooth release and arm strength that was on displays may get him into the the third or fourth round now." http://bleacherreport.com/articles/353846-2010-nfl-combine-results-jarrett-brown-stands-out-in-qb-group-so-far

do you think we can keep him on the practice squad? I know teams passed on him, but I don't think he will beat out Davis and so with a good TC and pre-season he could get picked up elsewhere.

Best case (and highly unlikely scenario) for me is: Davis beats out Carr for the 2nd string, the 49ers then choose to take Brown as the developmental QB and Davis as the 2nd (I know this won't actually happen )